Bonus XP Weekend � 11th to 13th March

Mil

I'm always sort of "meh" about the double xp weekends, the first one I was really happy about because I used it to go from 40 to 70 summoning, but after they nerfed summoning (which, really? Come on Jagex, don't nerf it just because its the smart thing to do, or at least don't nerf it that much) But I'm kinda hoping that armor and weapon prices will fall, because I've been looking to snag some bandos top and bottom for slaying. As for the xp weekend, I'll probly just train agility again...man I hate agility, last time I tried to train it, I swear I was starting to develop an ulcer. :evil:

Rejected.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm a bit peeved about is how early they're announcing this. It's almost 3 weeks before the weekend. That means 3 weeks of unbuyable resources. If they're going to have a bounus exp weekend, it should be announced at MOST one week in advance. The element of surprise keeps the economy from being [bleep]ed over for a whole month.

The only thing I'm a bit peeved about is how early they're announcing this. It's almost 3 weeks before the weekend. That means 3 weeks of unbuyable resources. If they're going to have a bounus exp weekend, it should be announced at MOST one week in advance. The element of surprise keeps the economy from being [bleep]ed over for a whole month.

Jagex and logic are mutually exclusive.

td2sig.jpg

Ah well off to do what i did last time there was a bonus week. Kill salarin and open a few hundred sinister chests and sell a boat load of torstols, while also saving up on my own herbs for this week. Yay for nex update and me actually having spare cash to do herb.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

UNBUYABLE ITEMS IS NOT A CONCEPT THAT EXISTS IN RUNESCAPE ANYMORE

except blue partyhat and cracker

think before you post

UNBUYABLE ITEMS IS NOT A CONCEPT THAT EXISTS IN RUNESCAPE ANYMORE

except blue partyhat and cracker

think before you post

This is a good point. Price manipulation still exists, but if you are willing to pay whatever exorbitant price people are asking for items that are in very high demand, you can get them. It wasn't that way in the GE era. If you had the money and wanted to pay 14k each for ranarrs to get them immediately, you couldn't. Now you can.

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean this doesn't [bleep] up the economy.

td2sig.jpg

What a lot of people don't get is that, without price restriction limits, nothing actually becomes unbuyable. The price just goes up a lot - I got the supplies for 2500 super def pots in 5 minutes by just figuring out what price to pay for them.

Which, on hindsight, probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but that's beside the point. Annoyed at prices for regular things going up fine, but it's not unbuyable. It IS buyable, just at 2.5X the price in the case of some items. (Looking at you herblore.)

Thank you Bladewing. If an items under say, 1bil, it's buyable so long as you have the money.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

No. Brawling gloves will not work during the bonus XP weekend.

Also, announcing it early gives the economy more time to adjust. If they'd announced it several months in advance, I expect we'd see hardly any effect, as people would begin stocking up at different times and others would start producing the resources in greater quantities.

No. Brawling gloves will not work during the bonus XP weekend.

Also, announcing it early gives the economy more time to adjust. If they'd announced it several months in advance, I expect we'd see hardly any effect, as people would begin stocking up at different times and others would start producing the resources in greater quantities.

Um, unless they did like 1year + till BEW, there'd always be a big panic at announcement for supplies. Interestingly enough, we've had two in march so far. This could mean that all future BEW will be in march and september. If so, it'd be nice for Jagex to announce it - if that happened, I doubt there would be any large changes in the economy. It'd be interesting.....people only training herblore twice a year lol....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Why are these weekends so common?

Is this some sort of poor attempt at making people less likely to bot? That's the only reason I can think of for having these, and it's not a particularly good reason.

Why are these weekends so common?

Is this some sort of poor attempt at making people less likely to bot? That's the only reason I can think of for having these, and it's not a particularly good reason.

And to be honest ... I dont think it will have any impact on the botting at all ... Yeah they will 99 the skill faster but hey ... there are a lot of skills :lol:

I don't understand why jagex do these events with the overall negative reaction every time. Either they don't read their own forums, don't want to give what the players want, or don't speak english. I think it's a combination of the 3.

Nah, I just say that high levels are pissed off that their achievements become less and less great everyday, so they go cry on the forums. Honestly, if your like me and only get to play like 2hrs a day or less this is a great update. In the long run it's nothing compared to getting all skills 99, maybe you'll save a week of gameplay doing 2x weekends?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

anything worth doing at the start of a bonus week xp run?

Circus is obvious

New urns might work

and lumberyard large task was something I personally did last month

anything else?

Checking a Spirit Tree (or two) and a Calquat patch are not bad too, from my previous attempts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

anything worth doing at the start of a bonus week xp run?

Circus is obvious

New urns might work

and lumberyard large task was something I personally did last month

anything else?

Checking a Spirit Tree (or two) and a Calquat patch are not bad too, from my previous attempts.

ah right farming. 99 in that tho :P don't plan on doing that >_<

perhaps jade vine for slayer now that you mention it.

im still at a loss for other sources though.

Naaxi.png