Bonus XP Weekend � 11th to 13th March

Mil

The only thing I'm a bit peeved about is how early they're announcing this. It's almost 3 weeks before the weekend. That means 3 weeks of unbuyable resources. If they're going to have a bounus exp weekend, it should be announced at MOST one week in advance. The element of surprise keeps the economy from being [bleep]ed over for a whole month.

UNBUYABLE ITEMS IS NOT A CONCEPT THAT EXISTS IN RUNESCAPE ANYMORE

except blue partyhat and cracker

think before you post

Thank you for being a smartass. You know what I meant. I meant to say "exorbitantly priced". You think I'm so dumb I don't grasp the concept that items are no longer unbuyable? Just a wrong choice of words.

Hey, and you know what? How about you think about how much of an ass you'll sound like before you post. Shouldn't that enter into the thought process just as readily as correcting simple mistakes?

stop being a tightass - you are getting bonus xp, of course you are going to be paying bonus gps.

also i don't mind being an ass. i can only assume you meant what you wrote because i have nothing else to judge you off of. it's not MY fault that YOU didn't write what you meant.

Besides, if anyone remembers the last BXPW, these insanely priced materials crashed to pretty much normal levels before the bonus weekend ever hit. People just buy things out, wait for a few days so they can resell @ mass profit, causing a crash when too many people dump at once. If you want items, wait until March 4th or so, I'm sure alot of materials will be down a significant amount compared to today.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might do something that is not buyable. I did herblore the first bonus weekend, and farming the second. But now that I am 99 in both of those and don't really care for the other buyables, I'll probably do something like agility.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

does chinchompas for ranged get bonus xp?

thx

Yes.

I plan on getting crafting up, any chance the extra xp stacks with SC needles?

Sc needles, brawlers and all other xp boosters are dissabled for the weekend.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the answer though. Looks like I'll be doing agility :(

m7xobm.png

Got these about a week ago for 2500 each, was planning on raising smithing then. They now sell for ~3-3.1 k each which could be a tidy profit of around 50 mil if i sold, however i think i'll stick to my goal and just raise smithing on the weekend

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Most prices have settled by now (basing myself on torstol, which went from 77k to 60k), or are still going down. The worst (exorbitant) prices were right after the update was announced. I can see an increase towards the last days before the weekend though.

stop being a tightass - you are getting bonus xp, of course you are going to be paying bonus gps.

also i don't mind being an ass. i can only assume you meant what you wrote because i have nothing else to judge you off of. it's not MY fault that YOU didn't write what you meant.

If you had just written something like "Items aren't unbuyable anymore :wink:", I probably would have just said "Oh, my bad". But you had to go TYPE IN ALL CAPS, and tell me to THINK BEFORE I POST. I have no respect for people with such little respect and patience for anyone else...

And by the way - and I can't believe you didn't get this from my original post, because despite the one word difference I thought I was pretty clear on this - my complaint was that we have to endure 3 weeks of high prices. Not that we have high prices. Of course prices are going to double since xp doubles, that's obvious. The point is that if you're going to buy anything in the next 3 weeks, you pretty much HAVE to save it for bonus exp weekend, or you're paying double for training.

And by the way, if you don't mind being an ass, then I can only assume that means you like this kind of confrontation, which by definition makes you a troll. I suppose I should just ignore your assery from now on. I should have ignored you in the first place, but I guess I have too much respect for people like you, because I give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm gonna do 1 farm run at the beginning which should be..

5 magics @ 185,875 xp

2 spirit trees @ 104,223 xp

6 palm trees @ 164,432 xp

1 calquat @ 32,659 xp

which comes down to a nice(aprox) 487,189 xp in a few minutes :P

Next, I'll use long/curved bones to level con and afterwards probably some smithing and slayer :P

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

If you had just written something like "Items aren't unbuyable anymore :wink:", I probably would have just said "Oh, my bad". But you had to go TYPE IN ALL CAPS, and tell me to THINK BEFORE I POST. I have no respect for people with such little respect and patience for anyone else...

And by the way - and I can't believe you didn't get this from my original post, because despite the one word difference I thought I was pretty clear on this - my complaint was that we have to endure 3 weeks of high prices. Not that we have high prices. Of course prices are going to double since xp doubles, that's obvious. The point is that if you're going to buy anything in the next 3 weeks, you pretty much HAVE to save it for bonus exp weekend, or you're paying double for training.

And by the way, if you don't mind being an ass, then I can only assume that means you like this kind of confrontation, which by definition makes you a troll. I suppose I should just ignore your assery from now on. I should have ignored you in the first place, but I guess I have too much respect for people like you, because I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, despite his being an ass, at the end of the day I agree with him. Your first post wast talking about how stuff was unbuyable, which these days the only thing that comes remotely close to that are certain Rares. You aren't the only person I've seen use the word unbuyable on this thread, which is rather annoying because, again, that concept doesn't exist anymore. That has been replaced by the concept of just paying a bunch more money for an item then the GE price. I think even Nex/Corp drops can easily be gotten on the GE, as long as you know what the right price is. As for things being exorbitantly priced, that is true, but it should go down before the weekend. So, people who spent a bunch on herb stuff might end up having done something very stupid. Which would include me, lol.

Does anyone know if urns will work or not? Someone in game tells me there's a forum post or something which says they won't, but I can't find it so I'm not convinced.

On the one hand, I doubt they work, on the other hand, why not use them anyways? If your doing the type of skilling that you can use urns for, all they'd do is add to your exp right? That being said, I wouldn't go out of your way to do skilling that involves urns, even if the exp for them was boosted.

Personally, I doubt it, since it's like something you trade in for exp. It's not really "normal" skilling I'd say.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

6 palm trees @ 164,432 xp

Catherby

Tree gnome village

Tree gnome stronghold

brimhaven

Lletya

.....I've been missing a 6th tree this whole time apperently...

Edit: herblore habitat....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

m7xobm.png

Got these about a week ago for 2500 each, was planning on raising smithing then. They now sell for ~3-3.1 k each which could be a tidy profit of around 50 mil if i sold, however i think i'll stick to my goal and just raise smithing on the weekend

God, I remember talking to you the other morning. I went to class, came back, bonus weekend announced. First though "Good thing Blind got those addy bars!"

top_lel_face.png

Good luck mining the essence, no one sells them anymore now >_>

And that's what I planned too. After planting some magic trees.

i just bought ess for 115 each

got 80k for 108gp. They be dropping!

Good luck mining the essence, no one sells them anymore now >_>

And that's what I planned too. After planting some magic trees.

i just bought ess for 115 each

got 80k for 108gp. They be dropping!

Yeah with so many people mining pure ess with bots the price isn't going to be going up anytime soon. Pretty much the same thing with the whole fish market too.

Herbs aren't selling for as much as I thought either, wasn't expecting the same prices as last bonus xp weekend, but most that sell instantly are only 10-20% above med price.

Yeah with so many people mining pure ess with bots the price isn't going to be going up anytime soon. Pretty much the same thing with the whole fish market too.

Herbs aren't selling for as much as I thought either, wasn't expecting the same prices as last bonus xp weekend, but most that sell instantly are only 10-20% above med price.

I think herbs will have a last minute surge before the weekend. I have nothing to base it on, but I have a feeling most people are looking to level skills like Herblore because it is so god awful expensive. Either way, I'm farming herbs en masse. I don't know if I'll hold onto them or sell them. We'll have to see the prices and what kind of mood I am in. :D

top_lel_face.png

Does anyone know if urns will work or not? Someone in game tells me there's a forum post or something which says they won't, but I can't find it so I'm not convinced.

As far as I'm aware, they don't.

I'm going to be training rc, all 10 hours.

I've already got supplys of everything in my bank, at the top right of the first tab for ease of access. Summoning pots too, so I don't have to waste time going to an obelisk. I'm going to spend a few days before it starts practicing rcing, to make sure I get the best possible exp/hr. When the weekend starts, my character is going to be at the ZMI altar, with salt-water sping effect, ready to craft.

I'm even going to go dungeoneering to get a random shortly before, so it'll be a while before they bother me.

I'm going to be training rc, all 10 hours.

I've already got supplys of everything in my bank, at the top right of the first tab for ease of access. Summoning pots too, so I don't have to waste time going to an obelisk. I'm going to spend a few days before it starts practicing rcing, to make sure I get the best possible exp/hr. When the weekend starts, my character is going to be at the ZMI altar, with salt-water sping effect, ready to craft.

I'm even going to go dungeoneering to get a random shortly before, so it'll be a while before they bother me.

Ooh, good call on the random - I will have to be sure to do that as well. Although the effect on me will be slightly muted, since I plan on dumping my stack of long and curved bones with Oldak (or whoever it is) at 2.7x then immediately teleporting to Ourania.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Your first post wast talking about how stuff was unbuyable, which these days the only thing that comes remotely close to that are certain Rares. You aren't the only person I've seen use the word unbuyable on this thread, which is rather annoying because, again, that concept doesn't exist anymore.

Well, then some people just get annoyed way too easily. How long has the term "unbuyable" been associated with sudden price hikes? 3 years? People are bound to make that mistake. It would be nice if people could just be forgiving and overlook such mistakes.

And I don't buy the whole idea that bladewing had no idea what I meant, unless he really wasn't thinking. Because unless I and all the other people using that word had our heads buried in the sand for the past month, it's blatantly obvious to all involved that nothing is truly "unbuyable" anymore.

And again, let me restate my original point in words that will this time hopefully be understood, my concern is the prolonged period of higher prices, not that I can't get goods at lower prices before the weekend. If we only had one week's notice, I would guess that we would see ~5 days of higher prices and a crash mabye a day before, rather than 2-3 weeks of insane prices and a crash 3-4 days before.

you have to pay extra gp to get extra xp

IMAGINE THAT

JAGEX SHOULD NERF IT

I EXPECTED THAT BECAUSE STUFF IS WORTH 2.7XP, IT MAKES THE STUFF 2.7X LESS VALUABLE SO I SHOULD BE PAYING 10K PER TORSTOL WTF IS THIS 60K BUSINESS!?!?!?

DEFIES LOGIC!!!!!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!