An "inside job" ?

@Dan3HitU

I suppose this notion is as plausible as the rock climbers thing.

I just think that Jagex needs to deep six this whole, rare, hard-to-get-item fetish they have been on the last few years.

They just aren't capable of handling it.

One foul update and everybody loses.

Most have already lost to begin with because of the rampant rwting going on.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex doesn't have quality assurance.

Isn't it obvious

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I don't know why JaGex doesn't ask players to test their content.

Go to the high level forums, or grab random players and ask them if they want to help test content. Give them the reward of free membership for testing,

and offer incentives for finding and reporting a bug.Make the testers post on the forums about what they're doing, what they're finding, and any problems

that they face. With 100-200 player testers, the likelihood of catching a bug pre-release increases greatly.

You can argue about the possibility of corruption with the testers themselves, but there are ways to avoid it. Players will report the bug to look good in front

of JaGex, to claim their reward for finding the bug, and because their ass would be on the line if JaGex thinks they withheld info. A smaller group wouldn't be

that hard to manage.

Maybe I'm not thinking about this well enough but I think if they slowly started to build up trusted testers, the content would be so broken.

4e0Vn.png

impliedfacepalmv.jpg

I really can't see why everyone is so appalled about Jagex not rolling it back. Over a long enough timeline, everyone who goes to the corporeal beast will get many sigils

All this error did is move that timeline ahead for a few people. Yet it caused mass panic.

The corporeal beast has been out for two and a half years, so I cannot fathom as to why an hour's worth (or less) of sigils would make such a difference.

And then there is the even bigger step of conspiracy theories.

I do admit that the error should not have existed at all (given that QC had a decent amount of time to get all possibilities done) but it happened and that's that.

The thing that bugs me is that before major updates which will make an item spike or crash in price, the item has been tending in that way for some time. Divines and Elysians dropped 50-80m the week before this update.

But as much as I'd like to believe in a conspiracy theory, I think it's just negligence. Not that that's better.

2496 Completionist

What a ridiculous conspiracy theory, more holes than a slice of leerdammer. There isn't any point in going to the effort to write a long counter argument to such a fascicle idea.

Said perfectly.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You're giving Jagex way too much credit. They simply neglected to test the ROW on the monsters it'd be used on most. Pure stupidity.

I think that this is the reason too. Jagex wouldn't put up an "inside job".

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Why are all of the more larger mistakes seen as a conspiracy? Surely Jagex, a company composed of humans are capable of making human errors, non? Yes, the glitch was unfair, but in how many other games are there major glitches?

j0xPu5R.png

Why are all of the more larger mistakes seen as a conspiracy? Surely Jagex, a company composed of humans are capable of making human errors, non? Yes, the glitch was unfair, but in how many other games are there major glitches?

Because lots of large consistent errors make a pattern

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Because lots of large consistent errors make a pattern

Just because there are large errors it makes a pattern? I can think of a few other companys with big bugs in their game(s). And I still don't see any reason for these bugs. Yeah, we make bugs to get angry costumers but we will have more gps we could have cheated the easy way. But hey, a loss by quitting players is always welcome. Yeah, you're right, dear reader. I think this thread is stupid.

[404] Signature not found.

My personnal theory is that someone wanted to change the droprate from x to 1,00%, and forgot a ",". It probably wasn't detected as it was a last minute change...

But sure... Obviously someone would lose his/her job and credibility to give a sigil to a friend.

WarBlastoise.png

EVERY GAME HAS ITS BUGS

L2NOTBESTUPID

Holy crap, this forum is ASTOUNDING sometimes.

Every single MMO I've played has had completely exploitable bugs that go unnoticed and unpatched for YEARS before it is caught. Jagex does it within an hour?

AMG INSIDE JOB

Holy crap, are all of you 12?

top_lel_face.png

No, but it sounds like you're 13.

I'd like to think that someone pulling an "inside job" at jagex would do something a bit more spectacular, like if you talk to the mean guy with a coffee and then fly to cinnabar island and surf on the side of the island, a weird missingo would appear and the item in your 6th inventory spot would miraculously have 150 more.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd like to think that someone pulling an "inside job" at jagex would do something a bit more spectacular, like if you talk to the mean guy with a coffee and then fly to cinnabar island and surf on the side of the island, a weird missingo would appear and the item in your 6th inventory spot would miraculously have 150 more.

:thumbup:

Spaz4010.png

I don't think it was an inside job. The thought of it kind of makes me laugh, i'll be honest.

I just think a few players (like mentioned before in this thread) went to the boss it could most likely have the biggest affect on. I myself was all ready and prepped up to go corping soon as i saw the 10 minute update timer pop up. So if i could have thought of that surely thousands of other players could too. And i think as soon as the first 2 sigils were dropped in a short ammount of time the word spread like virgin buttcheecks in a prison. And it really only takes 5 minutes before a hundred thousand people know of it. Sure, it might have been a rather silly error by Jagex but they do deal with a very demanding client base (by that i mean us, the players). Imagine the chaos if Jagex had postponed the update for a bit more testing instead of rather releasing it and fixing whatever was wrong later. Chaos, Hell, Judgement Day.

Part of the problem is the time it takes to perform a roll back. I believe the last one took around 2 hours before the game could be booted up again, and with the game growing larger by the day, they will only take longer and longer each time (and they don't know how long unless they actually do it). The damage done to the game, as determined within minutes of the bugs discovery, would have to be enough for whoever was in charge to warrant shutting down the game for so long.

So maybe they didn't think it was worth the cost, or maybe they had bad information, and by the time they did a full damage assessment, it was too late to be worth performing a roll back.

As for conspiracy theories, there are enough confirmed problems with the game without getting into this kind of thing. If there are shady doings in Jagex, let them sort it. We already have things like bots and RWT that we know exists, without losing sleep over something else.

Naw, but apparently the same can't be said about Jagex's QA team.

I mean really... Let's update the RoW and make it work for bosses and affect the best drops in-game. K? Now let's not test it at the most well-known bosses like Corporeal Beast and Bandos and release it as is. It's genius!

As I said before, either sheer laziness or complete stupidity; Jagex.

09144a99bb.png

..I.. Uhm. What? You're claiming that the 150 item duplicate was 'miraculous'? Start developing for a limited piece of hardware and you'll understand why these things happen when you have to tweak every piece of data.

On the topic of mistakes, I believe it was an honest one. They didn't do any of this on purpose, mistakes are far too easy on such a big project and when faced with a deadline.