01-Jun-2011 - Behind the Scenes - June

helring

Bahahahahahahaha! A loyalty program? Even if you have to pay members to access the new slot and the new items, it defeats the idea of acquiring items through hard work and the leveling experience. This is going to be as rotten as the flagstaff. You're essentially paying for members for items you'll get to buy once you reach a certain timeframe. That is very, very close to RWT under the disguise of doling out cash for members. You're buying items for real money using members as a smokescreen. It's like getting an achievement for spawning in Lumbridge, it's on that level of absurd. And I doubt the items will be cosmetic. They said "buffing" after all, that often means boosts in whatever they choose. It had better not be so.

Jagex's penny-pinching ways are slowly alienating the very people they want cash out of. It's shaping up to be an inglorious trainwreck.

Picture in your heads what Runescape will look like next year if this is successful.

If we need to pay for ingame items (like with flagstaff but on a larger scale) I think I'm not renewing 3/4 of my memberships.

Keeping main, cancelling pures...

You should have done this a long time ago. Heh.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From RuneScape's Facebook:

Mitchel : i hope this doesn't do a: Modern Warfare 3 where you have to pay "more" money to get more content that will be [cabbage]

RuneScape: ‎@Mitchell don't worry we won't make you pay anything extra. The loyalty program just takes into consideration how long you have been a member. It's nothing to do with micro-transactions, it's just some veteran benefits. ~Keildest

Well I guess that's something. :roll:

HURRAY!!!

Oh thank god. They really shouldn't scare us like that, and they should put that on the BTS.

Overall, sounds like a pretty mediocre month. Not bad for me, as far as I'm concerned, I've still got 99 Dungeoneering to get. The less distractions, the better. That's not going to be the case for most people though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No microtransactions then? What a surprise, 3hitu is talking out of his arse again. :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was saying above...Yo bud, why don't you refrain from making statements that apparently come from Jagex? They're always [cabbage]! :lol:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

"In the portuguese BTS it gives more info : "Accumulating points is easy. You will receive Loyalty Points each month of membership. The amount you receive will increase over time, based on the period that you are an existing member. Players who accumulate points, but discontinue their accounts, receive fewer points the next time you sign. But do not worry, you can still build up again."

I could see it being (if its not flat rate):

first 2 months = nothing

3 - 6 months gets x points a month

6 - 12 gets 2x points

1 yr - 2 yrs gets 3x

2 yrs+ gets 4x

so more loyalty = more reward

From this Portuguese BTS extra info I get to say:

CALLED IT

lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see where everyone was/is getting that loyalty was meaning you'd pay more money for items/etc. Loyalty is "the state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations". The only commitment people have with RuneScape is paying for your membership if you have one. The only way you'd be loyal to a company by buying things from them is if you buy something over and over for a long period of time; in this case it would be membership, not new items. How would you paying for new items as soon as they're released show you're loyal? It would just show that you want the best stuff. This update (when it happens) is for loyal members, so you would be being loyal the longer you've had a membership.

I, for one, and very curious as to what the "Loyalty Rewards" are going to be exactly. I just hope they don't count it as consecutive months with a membership, since I've canceled mine a few times when I've taken breaks.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

"In the portuguese BTS it gives more info : "Accumulating points is easy. You will receive Loyalty Points each month of membership. The amount you receive will increase over time, based on the period that you are an existing member. Players who accumulate points, but discontinue their accounts, receive fewer points the next time you sign. But do not worry, you can still build up again."

first 2 months = nothing

6 - 12 gets 2x points

1 yr - 2 yrs gets 3x

2 yrs+ gets 4x

CALLED IT

lol

I cancelled my membership when my credit card expired and put it on a new card, does this mean my "loyalty" reset?

Pretty BS if so.

4e0Vn.png

I cancelled my membership when my credit card expired and put it on a new card, does this mean my "loyalty" reset?

Pretty BS if so.

No, it means that if you cancel your membership, you'll retain your points but your rate of increase will be reduced the next time you buy membership.

Ex:

200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400 - 450 - *skipped month* - 300 - 350 - etc.

Also: in response to the microtransactions rumor that was quickly squashed, I guess that's why they call Runescape the entry point into MMOs. If any of the people who instantly starting whining about microtransactions were familiar with MMO terms, loyalty points are an alternative to loyalty rewards. Rather than reward players with a select item per month/set of months, they are rewarded points to choose what they want.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

[hide]

first 2 months = nothing

6 - 12 gets 2x points

1 yr - 2 yrs gets 3x

2 yrs+ gets 4x

CALLED IT

lol

[/hide]

Pretty BS if so.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. :unsure: It sort of forces you to buy membership even if you know you won't play RS for a couple of months.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

If you must bee a member for a continus time, that will just be wrong. Give those with a vet cape a bonus, as they've been with the game for much longer >.>

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't see where everyone was/is getting that loyalty was meaning you'd pay more money for content/etc.

You pay members to accrue points on your account. Over time you'll have enough points to buy a new item. You don't need to do any quests or slay any monsters to get the new item. Just pay for members over a period of time to get points.

That is a form of micro-payments disguised under membership.

Now, if some of these items still require levels or quests that might give this some legitimacy. Either way it's a very sly cash grab. They want you to keep paying membership so the points you get every month don't get reset or cut in half or whatever it is they're planning for a penalty.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I sure hope all those past years of membership still count for points... I'm sure they have billing records, so they better not [cabbage] us saying "they didn't start recording that information until now" sorta like with death hats. I'm gonna have so many points! I'm gonna get so much stuff!

YEAHHH!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I dunno "loyalty points" sounds to me a lot like "frequent flyer miles" and all the positive and negative attributes that goes along therewith. :unsure:

That said, how "cosmetic" is this aura spot going to be? I wonder ...

nyuseg.png

Sorry Rien, that wasn't aimed at you. I was applying that statement to what 3Hitu was saying, not you. It's always a case from said person that "Jagex said this", when there's never any proof to back it up and it generally never happens. My apologies, ily Rien.

Ah, my mistake as well. It can be hard to tell who's responding to whom when there are multiple quotes. #-o ily2, Carl <3:

I don't see where everyone was/is getting that loyalty was meaning you'd pay more money for content/etc. Loyalty is "the state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations". The only commitment people have with RuneScape is paying for your membership if you have one. You're not being loyal to a company if you spend money to buy things from them (for this instance the new items that are to be released). This update (when it happens) is for loyal members, so you would be being loyal the longer you've had a membership. It's kind of funny how one person will read a (soon to be)update, think it means something TOTALLY different than what they wrote and people take what they're saying at the truth and fly off the deep end with "Omg I'm going to so quit if/when that happens!!" when it says NOTHING about what the original person posted.

I'm sure we all know what loyalty means; there's really no need to quote a definition. And no, for many companies, the only "loyal" consumers of their products are paying customers. The reason why so many people (myself included) initially thought this update could lead to micropayments was because of the ambiguity in the BTS. Thankfully, Jagex responded quickly and resolved the matter.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

D&D: I hate D&D. More stuff to occupy time needed for quests. And i thought "Troll invasion" was a quest at first and thought "yeeaaah finally they are attacking burtorpe!".

loyaltly member:

Crap, crap, crap..........CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

QUEST:

Hope it's cool.

Pretty BS if so.

No, it means that if you cancel your membership, you'll retain your points but your rate of increase will be reduced the next time you buy membership.

Ex:

200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400 - 450 - *skipped month* - 300 - 350 - etc.

Also: in response to the microtransactions rumor that was quickly squashed, I guess that's why they call Runescape the entry point into MMOs. If any of the people who instantly starting whining about microtransactions were familiar with MMO terms, loyalty points are an alternative to loyalty rewards. Rather than reward players with a select item per month/set of months, they are rewarded points to choose what they want.

I don't know about that, maybe they will take that into consideration... like if your membership is renewed within a certain period you still retain the increased rate. Because credit cards expire and there's nothing that can be done about it but re-submit the details from the new card.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hello. After a little digging, I've uncovered all of the aura names, and effects.

There are two kinds of Auras that will be available. The first, being defensive auras. (For 0-3+ year members.) The second, being offensive auras. (For 3+ year members.)

The defensive auras are as follows:

* 1 Prayer

* 2 Resist Fire

* 3 Resist Cold

* 4 Resist Lightning

* 5 Defiance

* 6 Cleansing

* 7 Vigor

* 8 Meditation

* 9 Redemption

* 10 Salvation

The offensive auras are as follows:

* 1 Might

* 2 Holy Fire

* 3 Thorns

* 4 Blessed Aim

* 5 Concentration

* 6 Holy Freeze

* 7 Holy Shock

* 8 Sanctuary

* 9 Fanaticism

* 10 Conviction

The effects of the defensive auras:

Prayer: You will regain HP rapidly. Probably 2-3x rapid heal.

Resist Cold, Fire, and Lightning: Self explanatory. You will have a higher defensive against monsters using Water, Fire, and Lightning (See: Dungeoneering) spells.

Defiance: Your defence will be heavily boosted.

Cleansing: Your poison length will be reduced. Will be useful for places like K'ril, and Pyramid Plunder.

Vigor: YOU WILL RUN FASTER. NO NEED FOR MOUNTS.

Meditation: Your Summoning points will recover over time.

Redemption: Upon killing an enemy, you have a chance to earn 20-40% of your HP back. Will be quite OP.

Salvation: The same as the resists, but to a lesser extent. Works for all, not just one.

The effects of the offensive auras are as follows.

Might: Increases the damage you deal by ~4%.

Holy Fire: Damage will be dealt to enemies nearby, in Multicombat zones.

Thorns: Damage taken, will be rebounded. Like a recoil, a little better.

Blessed Aim: You will gain a small accuracy bonus.

Concentration: Similar to might.

Holy Freeze: Similar to Holy Fire, but Water/Cold damage.

Holy Shock: Similar to Holy Freeze, but Lightning damage, as introduced by Dungeoneering.

Sanctuary: You will deal more Magical Damage against the undead.

Fanaticism: Your attack speeds will be reduced by 1 tick, and your damage will have a 10% boost.

Conviction: Enemy resistances will be lowered. You will become highly accurate.

If you click the images in the BTS for the concept art, it's a link like Runescape/Images/2011/Fisherman, for example.

'/Images/' Is the index. Basically, it's a big folder. Images folder contains all of the images from 2001, for example, in one folder. 2002, in another. '03, '04, '05, etc.

So when you open /Images/2011, you're opening all images from 2011, that they have stored. I guess they got ahead of themselves, and had an image for the aura information, that will be posted in ~3 weeks with the update.

From RSOF. QFC: 239-240-336-62840667

Prob fake but would be cool

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

D&D: I hate D&D. More stuff to occupy time needed for quests. And i thought "Troll invasion" was a quest at first and thought "yeeaaah finally they are attacking burtorpe!".

loyaltly member:

Crap, crap, crap..........CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

QUEST:

Hope it's cool.

I like certain distractions and diversions. Penguin Hide & Seek is a way to get up the skills I hate, and things like the shooting star/evil tree work out just as Jagex expected, something you just come across. Ancient Effigies, court cases, shattered heart, etc are just something to do when they appear. I wonder what the cooldown time is going to be.

I don't know about that, maybe they will take that into consideration... like if your membership is renewed within a certain period you still retain the increased rate. Because credit cards expire and there's nothing that can be done about it but re-submit the details from the new card.

It will likely work like Runescape's membership price, where if you're under the grandfathered price it stays if you laps for a week (I think) for those whose cards expire.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hello. After a little digging, I've uncovered all of the aura names, and effects.

There are two kinds of Auras that will be available. The first, being defensive auras. (For 0-3+ year members.) The second, being offensive auras. (For 3+ year members.)

The defensive auras are as follows:

* 1 Prayer

* 2 Resist Fire

* 3 Resist Cold

* 4 Resist Lightning

* 5 Defiance

* 6 Cleansing

* 7 Vigor

* 8 Meditation

* 9 Redemption

* 10 Salvation

The offensive auras are as follows:

* 1 Might

* 2 Holy Fire

* 3 Thorns

* 4 Blessed Aim

* 5 Concentration

* 6 Holy Freeze

* 7 Holy Shock

* 8 Sanctuary

* 9 Fanaticism

* 10 Conviction

The effects of the defensive auras:

Prayer: You will regain HP rapidly. Probably 2-3x rapid heal.

Resist Cold, Fire, and Lightning: Self explanatory. You will have a higher defensive against monsters using Water, Fire, and Lightning (See: Dungeoneering) spells.

Defiance: Your defence will be heavily boosted.

Cleansing: Your poison length will be reduced. Will be useful for places like K'ril, and Pyramid Plunder.

Vigor: YOU WILL RUN FASTER. NO NEED FOR MOUNTS.

Meditation: Your Summoning points will recover over time.

Redemption: Upon killing an enemy, you have a chance to earn 20-40% of your HP back. Will be quite OP.

Salvation: The same as the resists, but to a lesser extent. Works for all, not just one.

The effects of the offensive auras are as follows.

Might: Increases the damage you deal by ~4%.

Holy Fire: Damage will be dealt to enemies nearby, in Multicombat zones.

Thorns: Damage taken, will be rebounded. Like a recoil, a little better.

Blessed Aim: You will gain a small accuracy bonus.

Concentration: Similar to might.

Holy Freeze: Similar to Holy Fire, but Water/Cold damage.

Holy Shock: Similar to Holy Freeze, but Lightning damage, as introduced by Dungeoneering.

Sanctuary: You will deal more Magical Damage against the undead.

Fanaticism: Your attack speeds will be reduced by 1 tick, and your damage will have a 10% boost.

Conviction: Enemy resistances will be lowered. You will become highly accurate.

If you click the images in the BTS for the concept art, it's a link like Runescape/Images/2011/Fisherman, for example.

'/Images/' Is the index. Basically, it's a big folder. Images folder contains all of the images from 2001, for example, in one folder. 2002, in another. '03, '04, '05, etc.

So when you open /Images/2011, you're opening all images from 2011, that they have stored. I guess they got ahead of themselves, and had an image for the aura information, that will be posted in ~3 weeks with the update.

From RSOF. QFC: 239-240-336-62840667

Prob fake but would be cool

Game breaking. Unless they all can be obtained from a shop for gp

No, 100% game breaking

Game breaking. Unless they all can be obtained from a shop for gp

No, 100% game breaking

It's also about as fake as that "gullible" sign I wrote on your ceiling.

IK it is fake, I just said it would be game breaking even if it were not to be fake

Also you can't access the /images/ folder =.="