JAGEX LIMITED v.IMPULSE SOFTWARE, ERIC SNELLMAN, and MARK SNELLMAN

Mercifull

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im not going to deny that there are no bots whatsoever but very often reports for bots are false positives.

If I was in Jagex's position, I would rather people report any suspicious accounts and allow me to decide if it was a false positive. I'd rather not encourage players to make that decision for themselves, and potentially not report a botting account.

Totally agree, always report if you think someone is botting. But it angers me when people constantly use the argument "I tried chatting to them and they didn't respond" as an indicator of bots. As far as I'm aware a lot of the bots DID respond to certain text in order to appear more human.

And pal you cant have reflection bots without injection too. It's no good just reading the code without the bot responding and giving actions to the client. As far as we know the only person to get anything working was Jacmob/RSBuddy who admitted that it wouldn't work for long, his solution code now also belongs to Jagex. iBox/Nexus/Autofighter/insert other name for it here is officially dead. Powerbot make claim after claim after claim then defer their etas over and over again. If you know of someone thats got a fully working ref/inj bot then that's pretty impressive because none of the main bot developers have worked it out yet and I hope you have reported them.

The bots that DO exist are colour/clicker bots such as SCAR, RiD and SIMBA and while I've never used them and have no experience with them they do not appear to be very advanced AT THE MOMENT. It's possible to one click minigames such as Sorc Garden anyway so this is probably why you have noticed bots there as its probably fairly easy to program. Green dragon bots are also easy to get to and kill so I see why this is where the bot devs are focussing on. While I do see these colour bots getting more advanced (unless Jagex managed to work out ways of stopping them either technically or legally) I only see them performing basic actions and I don't think we'll get to the situation of some of the old bots like iDungeoneering etc. Its unfortunate that once again these kinds of bots strangle the profit out of skilling for genuine players.

The reason I am arguiing that most of the "bots" are actually sweatshop workers is because the gold selling sites traditionally used this method before bulk licencing iBot/OEMbots which is now dead. In order to keep selling their gold they will have had to rehire the sweatshop workers to replace their income from bots being disabled.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ok im not going to deny that there are no bots whatsoever but very often reports for bots are false positives.

I report the level 3's that I see at Daemonheim frequently. They always tele to sorceress garden and have names like "hrdcxfws"

I'm not exactly sure if that's true about false positives, either.

I doubt its true.

also, i don't understand how anyone would know this.

There were a bunch of these level 3s on my world yesterday, and they'd keep running to a specific spot on the map before talking to the Fremmenik banker. Additionally, for some reason, they kept teleporting back to Daemonheim instead of the Sorceress' Garden, and repeated their loops for quite a period of time.

I wasn't disputing the return of bots, i was disputing the clearly made up facts about false-positive reports of bots.

Plus, false positive isn't really a term i would use in this circumstance.

before every1 creams their panties, put yourself in their shoes.

Won't that get their shoes creamy?

I'm trying hard to figure out the point of your post, but I'm at a loss. Before we get excited about Jagex winning this court case, think about the poor bot makers? Why?

Maybe it was JaGEx's plan all along to seize the brothers' house.

They just needed some nice real estate in the U.S. for Runefest 2012. :thumbsup:

Time to pick nits:

The house has not been seized. The Brothers Snellman still own it.

They have until 31 December 2012 to raise the money to pay the judgment awarded in the court case. If, at that time, they cant pay the judgment, Jagex gets the house. But if they raise the judgment money and pay it before that 31 December 2012 deadline, the lien goes away.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

before every1 creams their panties, put yourself in their shoes.

Either too stupid to know what they were doing was putting them in danger of this, or too stupid to not doing it given that knowledge.

No sympathy

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Excellent news! GF Snellmen (sic) :twisted:

Ice Barraged and 1-hit KO .... Jagex FTW!

LMFAO :thumbsup:

#PS# We'll have ur POH as well. +1 for Runefest 2012 there. :mrgreen:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Great news, to put a downer on it.

All the cheats are still in game, with billions of GP, 99's running around making out they are the best. Some admit it, some deny it & try to blend in.

Jagex got soft on the players, but T-Bagged the cause.

Whereas I may not have any sympathy for the botmakers, I do have some for SOME of the botters themselves.

For a very long time it seemed JaGEx was doing nothing or very little to enforce the rule. So long, in fact, that many players who might not have botted a few years ago were tempted to do so during the lax period from 2010-2011 or so, perhaps thinking if they didn't, they would be at a disadvantage which no longer had much risk.

Actually, yeah, I would say that JaGEx not punishing botting for so long supported it. It looked like they'd given in and no longer cared. Of course now we know that wasn't the case from the more inside info we have, but yeah.

Enter obligatory "I've never botted" disclaimer here :rolleyes: I just don't train skills I don't like... lol...

Of course, it would be fair to see all ill-gotten gains disappear. IF they have all customer info, it seems like they could track it back, see what bots they bought, and reset those skills. But it sounds like you just want some burning land here...

2dgucz6.png

I didn't bot, and it wasn't because I was scared of getting caught.

I hope those that did, will burn.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

i never heard of any of those bot sites, what is happening with powerbot and RSbots.net, those were the only big ones i heard of, except RSbuddy

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

i never heard of any of those bot sites, what is happening with powerbot and RSbots.net, those were the only big ones i heard of, except RSbuddy

16th January: we have developed a fully working update that has flawlessly run several different test scripts for over 48 hours. Due to certain technical and legal complications we cannot release it to the public just yet. However please check back because we will go live very soon!

That update was pretty much two weeks ago and nothing has happened since. My assumption is that, just like filesharing sites after the Megaupload takedown, bot sites are stepping back for a bit and looking over their own structure to see just how suseptable they are to lawsuits.

Wait, does only having high combats and extremely low skills make me a bot? wat

Don't be silly. Signs of a bot is having any stats at all high levelled or close to max, along with not talking to random noobs or talking too much. You are also a bot if you have more than 10mil bank or a quest cape or if you gather any sort of resource for yourself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't be silly. Signs of a bot is having any stats at all high levelled or close to max, along with not talking to random noobs or talking too much. You are also a bot if you have more than 10mil bank or a quest cape or if you gather any sort of resource for yourself.
Also wearing low level/welfare gear as that is designated "bot gear" also high levelled armour as only bots can afford it due to cheating their wealth.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wait, does only having high combats and extremely low skills make me a bot? wat

=D> Though you forgot to add names like o8w4nv3w5i.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Jagex vs. IBot & Anti-Bot Update

We're delighted to be able to announce that we've finally triumphed in our 2-year legal battle with Impulse Software, the developers of the iBOT RuneScape botting software.

Their statement on their websites sums it up very nicely:

letterc.jpg

Obviously, this is a big win for us, but it's also just one of the latest initiatives in our ongoing offensive to permanently stamp out botting and gold-farming in RuneScape. First and foremost, we've remained dedicated to this cause to provide you - our esteemed community - an enduringly great game, and we've no intention of stopping here.

We remain committed to our ongoing work to ensure that the successes of Bot Nuke Day are never undone by staying a few steps ahead in the arms race with the remaining bot developers and gold farmers. We're already well underway with our next generation of anti-botting software called Optimus, which is going to be released shortly, and we're also currently developing ways to remove the remaining screen-scraper bots from the game. We'll also be continuing to fight gold-farmers on every front.

The team has been dedicated to eliminating the last of the performance issues experienced by some users since Bot Nuke Day, and we will shortly be releasing an update intended to resolve these problems. We're also planning further improvements to game accessibility and performance in future updates this year.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Mark Gerhard

CEO & CTO

Also wearing low level/welfare gear as that is designated "bot gear" also high levelled armour as only bots can afford it due to cheating their wealth.

You have to respond to everything anyone asks you instantly, otherwise you're probably a bot. If someone asks you your woodcutting level, you better respond. They aren't just trying to spark a friendly chat, they're interrogating you.

If you see someone on a slayer assignment attacking monsters that spawn before you can react, they're obviously a bot. Nobody could possibly react to a monster spawning within 0.6 seconds, that's just beyond human capability!

Training in strange places also makes you a bot. Hell, even killing two guards in Edgeville automatically classifies you as an inhuman cheating automaton. I mean who does that?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Disappointed the name of the new software, Optimus, isn't as cool as Cluster Flutterer :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi