The whole low FPS thing...

@Dan3HitU

I have to say however, he has his critics, but thus far what's been done, nothing.. since the bot nuke problems have gotten worse, and he seems to spend ALL of his time in game, does the man not work? honestly if one of my employees spent all his time trying to rub e-fame off castle wars and other youtube famous players.. I would say do your job, I'm not paying you to do this, is he in-charge of the anti e-fame systems or what.

A lot has been done, it's not just ready yet for release so you don't see it.

You are right, he seems to spend all of his time in game. Actually it's just his lunch breaks and after the workday. You seem to think of him as a robot, he is not, he is a human too. He does not work 24/7. Give him a break and don't blame all of runescape's problems on a junior game engine developer.

One must remember Jmod accounts can only be accessed while at Jagex HQ. So whenever Mod Jacmob appears standing around in-game he is at the office, which does kind of put an extra factor on to the 'not working 24/7' 'time off' factors. He is choosing to spend his time at the office to stand around on his jmod account to milk the e-fame as Toad mentioned.

While agree he is doing his job, it is clearly he is playing up the e-fame as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I had 9-12 fps in the Dwarven Mine with no one else there, and 3-5 fps at the G.E. with maybe a dozen people. I tried going to the G.E. on world 1 the other day and I barely got 1fps. That was with everything turned down/off and in fixed mode. I really hope they fix this soon.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Firstly to cover the topic at hand, as many people have already said, Optimus (the next bot nuke+Game Engine fixes) it is set to be released before summer. So in the next few months. Now to the FPS issue as others see it...

I've been putting up with FPS rates of around 10-15 ever since the bot nuke when I previously was averaging 30-40. I am unable to play large parts of RuneScape including boss monsters (and dungeoneering bosses) cause too many frame rate issues. During the Runespan event last night it dropped to a new low... 0 FPS.

We are told that Optiumus (bot nuke v2) will not only kill the bots off again but also fix the frame rate problems however all we know is that it's "soon". Let's just hope its not "soon" like the 00:00 timer bug on 8Realms

Devblog_soon.png

I understand a drop from 30-40 to 10-15 is a big drop off and seems devastating, but 10-15 is something I would consider awesome! I was stuck at 3 FPS after the Burthope update, THAT was unplayable. After they patched it I was back to my normal 6-9 FPS and I can play all the content in RS. Corp, Nex, Dg. Lots and lots of Dg. My low FPS does not hinder my game play (IF it dropped lower, then it would.) So I don't understand how large parts of RS are unplayable for you o.o.

-Cloud.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

I'm usually between 10-20 fps, and I get similar freezes to what toad mentioned, I also get bad freezes when teleing to an area, or when someone activates an aura near me, among other things. And the rs client will close itself very regularly when I run through loading screens, especially if it's an area I haven't been to for a while. Going to get a new graphics card soon and see if that helps, but I know at least some of the problem is on Jagex's side. I always play on software and minimum graphics settings.

Bbk.png

i can barely walk around in rs without moderate lag, so i dont really want to dg.

and since i mainly dg'd when i played, im currently waiting on guild wars 2. aww yeahh.

This is actually one of the reasons I stopped playing.

GW2.... or 4fps dungeoneering.....

hmm.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I just think from a company that its main income is from the actual game itself, it's shocking that thousands of people are suffering from this problem but no actual attempt to fix this has happened, surely they could go through it bit by bit every update that they do and try to make it even just a few FPS better each time, rather than waiting until this so called "Optimus" update will (hopefully) remove the FPS issue completely.

1zqr9t3.png

This kinda makes me think why mad may is so mad. If any other mod said that, I wouldn't care much, but it's Jacmob whose only job is getting rid of bots.

Also fits in with Sy_Accursed's prediction.

Lmfao for some reason saying 'why mad may is so mad' made me laugh hard

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Well, my laptop is unaffected, but my old computer is: a year ago I could use it to play FoG on maxed details, now even with everything min and CPU maximum the fps is 4-6.

However, my main problems with RS are:

1. Extremely small world regions (try to run along the road - a few seconds and a "Loading... please wait", because you've ran through the whole region and an adjacent must be loaded + the previous unloaded.

However, after getting information from a trusted source that JaGeX is deliberately keeping this type of grid and will not even consider preloading adjacent cells, not to mention increasing region size, I gave up on this. Luckily, the problem is [nearly] solved by adding teleport destinations to every other cell vast amount of locations and generally moving quests and minigames "indoors".

2. FPS spikes.

The worst thing is, they have no apparent reason and were present as long as RS2 is around. It happens on every computer I have access to (this includes tens of computers I do not own), regardless of their age, vendor or performance.

For a very long time, I (along with many others) believed that the nature of these constant FPS spikes was related to automated heap management (garbage collection). Recently I've investigated this issue in depth and to my dismay, this is completely not the case. During these constant spikes heap memory is neither allocated nor GCed (less than 10KB allocated / second). You can observe changes ~50MB/s after a Soul Wars game in world 45.

There is one thing I have found out that's useful: due to the nature of the graphics engine, many short-lived objects are generated, which results in garbage collections even if the heap is far from full, therefore aside from increasing maximum heap size, eden (new generation) size should be set significantly larger. This results in fewer collections.

By the way, the fps spikes are ~30 FPS drops every few seconds; generally they only affect outdoor areas (so the ground floor of Gielinor) and are most frequent if you do not stay ONLINE in the same world region (see #1) for more than 30 minutes.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Getting a bit fed up with the FPS issue. Last night while attempting to do the Fight Caves i decided to "displayfps" for the first time in probably months. To no surprise it was between 4 and 5 FPS for the majority of the time i spent at the Caves going up to 19 - 20 every now and then, for a minute or two.

It's makin certain aspects of the game totally impossible, it's making my gameplay very inefficient and sometimes i feel like i have no choice but just to log out and take my frustration out on something.

i feel like i have no choice but just to log out and take my frustration out on something.

(warning: one f-word)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5wQeBLQ194

:lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

@dan

for me the lag really started when the new burthorpe area was added, so i havent been active since then.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I've just read this on the RSOF, posted today btw by Mod Hodge.

Another rainy day later and I can see that some of you are looking forward to tomorrow's Tech Update to see if there is any further developments. We have been working hard and sadly we haven't been given a date for when the update should go live. However I have been assured that it is coming and it shouldn't be 6 months or massively in the future like it has been mentioned in this thread.

I completely understand that this issue has dragged on and how you guys haven't been able to feel like anything is happening very quickly. It has been mentioned before but I would like to repeat it, whilst we are in the Tech Support department, we don't always hear everything that is happening, and therefore we don't always have the answers that I know many of you have been dreaming of since these issues started to cause you all problems.

Also any off-topic conversation that happens in this thread isn't to distract any of you from the issue and to try to make you forget. We are simply the same as many of you here, players who also have FPS issues and would love to see the fix here so we can continue to play with a better performance.

I hope that many of you will remain patience through the final stages of our testing process and keep looking forward to the upcoming update. I understand that whilst I've written a chunk of text, it doesn't actually contain anything new, but I strongly believe in maintaining a presence here. I know I'd much rather hear from a J Mod frequently who says something, rather than this thread being abandoned and you hear nothing.

P.S: I only think the rain dance has made it rain here, good try though, if only rain dances could solve many problems.

i can barely walk around in rs without moderate lag, so i dont really want to dg.

and since i mainly dg'd when i played, im currently waiting on guild wars 2. aww yeahh.

I'm assuming the computer you use to play RS is obviously sufficient as you're awaiting GW2, so I'm also assuming its not just low-old-end computers that are troubled.

When did the issue start for you?

Funny you should mention that. This weekend's GW2 beta, with all the issues a beta has and all the complaints of lag etc. that anyone else who's been in a beta knows about, for the most part ran smoother for me than my average session of RS. :thumbup:

This entire issue frustrates me and it's worn down my patience over the months. I'm not even motivated to login just to do JoT and herb runs anymore because of it. :|

Edit: Interestingly enough, I've found that my 'junk' desktop that can't play any of the new games released seems to do slightly better at RS than the computer I'm currently using...

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

I honestly don't know what my FPS was before everyone started have problems. Frankly because I never had an issue I.E. a reason to look at what it was. Now, I'm lucky to get 10 fps. My laptop is a few years old but can/should handle RS' requirements with no problems.

[spoiler=System Specs, if you're curious]OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home

Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.86 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.51 GB

Total Virtual Memory 7.73 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.23 GB

Graphics Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I get about 20ish, it sometimes drops to about 15, and about 9-10 for horridly done places like Burthope and Darkmeyer (although Tzhaar area is fine for some reason).

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz

4GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX550TI 1GB

I never had extreme frame rate issues, other than the aforementioned areas and GE (low 20s is playable for me), although I get a lot of input lag, but I attribute that to latency.

I'm pretty much out of patience on this issue, and I'm one of the lucky ones who normally at least gets in the 15-25 range. 23 is about the threshold for where I can really notice the frames, and when I first go this PC, is was maxing out all the time, maybe dropping as low as 35 while running through the GE. It could still generally max out while using the TV which is a higher resolution than my monitor.

I do get bouts of BS though, and it makes me nervouse sometimes, or I avoid entire areas of the game where I can see the frames.

To be fair, I am also running the game at maxed. Anti-aliasing isn't really a negotiable point for me anymore. I've gotten spoiled <_<

I honestly don't know what my FPS was before everyone started have problems. Frankly because I never had an issue I.E. a reason to look at what it was. Now, I'm lucky to get 10 fps. My laptop is a few years old but can/should handle RS' requirements with no problems.

[spoiler=System Specs, if you're curious]OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home

Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.86 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.51 GB

Total Virtual Memory 7.73 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.23 GB

Graphics Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

Your GPU sucks, mystery solved!

As far as FPS goes for every configuration I've tested, textures off is a must, DirectX always gives the best performance and Safe Mode is always awful. A good CPU is pretty much a requirement too, specifically fast individual cores and not the typical tech-illiterate 'more cores is better' kind that prebuilt vendors love so much. Having excessive amounts of memory won't help either, the difference between 4gb and 8gb is non-existent. Same goes for your internet connection, the number of people thinking their connection speed directly affects framerate is shocking.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

No fps loss, because I don't play RS on a toaster from 2003

Well lucky you. But many people are experiencing FPS issues on very high end specification machines. What specs do you have?

As far am I'm aware the issues are not due to lack of RAM or Graphics card power but instead related to specific brands of hardware configurations.

In short. gtfo.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No fps loss, because I don't play RS on a toaster from 2003

Well lucky you. But many people are experiencing FPS issues on very high end specification machines. What specs do you have?

As far am I'm aware the issues are not due to lack of RAM or Graphics card power but instead related to specific brands of hardware configurations.

In short. gtfo.

I think I'd be right to assume you're having FPS issues yourself, care to list your 'very high end' hardware configuration?

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!