25-Mar-2013 - Wilderness Warbands

Unknown_Warrior

Daaayuuum, abby demons are now 8500LP instead of their old 3650. Can anyone check mutated jadinko males for me? I'm at school and cannot. If they're buffed as well (and I imagine they are), then they'l no longer be the 250k melee xp they once were.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Daaayuuum, abby demons are now 8500LP instead of their old 3650. Can anyone check mutated jadinko males for me? I'm at school and cannot. If they're buffed as well (and I imagine they are), then they'l no longer be the 250k melee xp they once were.

They shouldn't be buffed, all the news said was several slayer monsters have had their lp values adjusted - probably to counter act the fact that they can be 1 hit by a lot of people.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hopefully that increases they're piddly slayer xp? And I'm so glad I finished slayer and don't have to worry about all their crazy tweaks to it..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The best part of this update is that the quest cape's stats are equal to those of skillcapes again.

Or that skill capes are now useless.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

stop talking about fixes and other updates, lets talk about main update.. any one tried it? got staff? stats? other cool drops?

lets talk about it here

stop talking about fixes and other updates, lets talk about main update.. any one tried it? got staff? stats? other cool drops?

lets talk about it here

It's a wand, not a staff.

OK. Back to the patch notes.

bGmskuB.gif

Like I said in update discussions, this is all you'll see in regards to the main update:

2nisewz.png

Im surprised it took so long for the aviansie slayer task though. 5 years slow.

And at least now QBD "should" give good chunks of slayer exp on tasks.

Popoto.~<3

wandoftreachery.png

wand name and stats from G.E.

EDIT: saw ppl trying to sell it for 115m

EDIT 2: another guy selling for 95m

EDIT 3: ppl selling and buying for 75m

Yeah its basically just an ahrims wand. Unless it has something extra, though we'd know that already if there was I assume.

Interesting that the xp from the d&d is so high, that coupled with the wand should be easily enough to keep it popular

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

The best part of this update is that the quest cape's stats are equal to those of skillcapes again.

Were they ever meant to be useful?

Probably not. But at least quest capers and skill capers are equal in terms of cape.

I probably won't enjoy warbands like other people here, since I don't pk. But I still like the update, so I'll try it at least once. But I like like thee patch notes more...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

These things seem really hard for me to play mainly because I don't know when they are actually played.

I mean, once every 8 hours is really, really sparse.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

How many weeks before they patch in something so the ent thing can tell us how long until the next one?

Also how many months before all these worldwide announcements that already have toggle options to turn em off if you do not want get moved outside the filter?

I'd quite like announcements on these things but at the same time I do not want all the level up and other general spam that gets in the way of chat that filter allows me to ignore.

Also totally agree on the 8 hours being too sparse, I can see they need to be rare due to high xp payout but couldn't you limit them to x-per-day like all the other D&Ds then bump em up to 4 hourly?

I mean for example say you work 9am - 5pm, odds are you'd be in bed like 10-11pm at the latest - then lets say in your timezone you heard a camp happened at 1am. That'd be a 1am, 9am, 5pm cycle - so your out the door before the 9am one, not home til after the 5pm one and really ought to be asleep by the 1am one...when exactly are you meant to play this content?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also totally agree on the 8 hours being too sparse, I can see they need to be rare due to high xp payout but couldn't you limit them to x-per-day like all the other D&Ds then bump em up to 4 hourly?

The reason they want so few is so that everyone who's doing them will be doing them all at once. There's no point to it if there's no competition, so there has to be a good crowd for every warband.

The reason they want so few is so that everyone who's doing them will be doing them all at once. There's no point to it if there's no competition, so there has to be a good crowd for every warband.

If they capped it at 3 a day (the most you can do in a 24 hour period atm) and doubled the rate to 4 hourly (so there's only 6 in a 24 hour period) how exactly would they become super sparse?

The trouble with 8 hourly, as i covered in my post, is it can end up with a cycle where you can never actually reach the content.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

One solution to that is designate an official warband server, and synchronise all warbands across all servers so they would be on at the same time (or at least the timers).

Either that, or just simply let warband occur only on a select few worlds, but the announcement is global, letting you know maybe 15-30 minutes before hand that a warband will happen on warband servers

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Except they're still the best all-around capes.

Also, at least Tokhaar-Kal is worth using over a skillcape now.

Behind the max and completionist capes (Which, obviously, have every right to be better). If you don't have the requirements for those two, though, they're pretty much the best overall (Though still surpassed in specific areas by a lot of other capes).

• Like 1

If they capped it at 3 a day (the most you can do in a 24 hour period atm) and doubled the rate to 4 hourly (so there's only 6 in a 24 hour period) how exactly would they become super sparse?

The trouble with 8 hourly, as i covered in my post, is it can end up with a cycle where you can never actually reach the content.

It's simple. You've now spread out all those people over twice as many spots, and so you have half the player density per game. They want a really high player density per game in order to enable the pk-er aspect they want.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Behind the max and completionist capes (Which, obviously, have every right to be better). If you don't have the requirements for those two, though, they're pretty much the best overall (Though still surpassed in specific areas by a lot of other capes).

With how few things have meaningful prayer bonuses, i'd say ardy cape is, for the most part, better than skill capes. And there are really very few places you'd want to use an overall cape over a class specific cape now that there are no defensive incentives.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.