Runefest 2013

Fallstar

Hi all,

We wanted to let you know as soon as we had a date and location organised for RuneFest 2013. So here it is!

When is it?

2nd of November 2013

Where is it?

South-East England in the United Kingdom (Most likely London)

More information will follow in the following weeks regarding the ticket price, venue and the activities at the event. We're planning some extra-special surprises, but want to work with you on what those things will be. On top of that, we’re thinking of new, exciting ways for the whole community to be involved with RuneFest 2013. Look out for more event news soon!

We’re all really looking forward to seeing you all and meeting some new faces. Dust off that Nomad outfit and re-stitch that skill cape. RuneFest is back - better than ever!

Mod Mark and Mod Jane

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see it's in England, I will probably go :D

Asmodean <3

Pfffft! It's always in England! What, are they headquartered there or something? sheesh [/sarcasm]

It would be awesome to see runefest in North America sometime, would love to go but not likely to ever make the trip overseas just to go to runefest.

On a related note, if the topic regarding Jagex's recent profits is at all accurate then most of their paying subscribers are in North America, seems to me that it could make financial sense to schedule a runefest in the US ;).

maraxussig4.png

Gah, why can't we have one in Cambridge? :(

On the plus side, I might be able to attend this year, London's easy enough to get to. Who's up for setting up a tip it section? :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

What a shame. I guess I won't be able to make it again. I suppose I'll keep saving for next year's event. If it's in Europe again I'd probably be able to stay with a friend until it's over.

Tg_Ibe.png

I'll be there. No question - might even bring the misses along too!

On the plus side, I might be able to attend this year, London's easy enough to get to. Who's up for setting up a tip it section? :lol:

I'm up for that!

On a related note, if the topic regarding Jagex's recent profits is at all accurate then most of their paying subscribers are in North America, seems to me that it could make financial sense to schedule a runefest in the US ;).

When their dev team is based in Europe, news spreads by social media, and the event sells out anyway?

When their dev team is based in Europe, news spreads by social media, and the event sells out anyway?

I'm pretty sure I never said that it wasn't a succesful event in England. Just said it could also make financial sense in North America. Costs would obviously be more expensive considering the devs are on a different continent, but I'm sure there would be other benefits that could outweigh the extra costs. Plus there is already a charge to get in to Runefest, it's not likely that they would lose money even having Runefest in North America.

maraxussig4.png

Well considering it costs between 900 up to 1500 usd for round trip tickets to England from the east cost u.s. (something like 17 years runescape membership there lol) AND majority of their player base is u.s. based, it would be nice to have one in the u.s. eventually....

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Does RuneScape/Jagex even have a presence at other big gaming conventions in the US? I never hear any news on them.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Finally!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well considering it costs between 900 up to 1500 usd for round trip tickets to England from the east cost u.s. (something like 17 years runescape membership there lol) AND majority of their player base is u.s. based, it would be nice to have one in the u.s. eventually....

Hmmm how many runecoins could this buy me?

• Like 1

Tg_Ibe.png

Does RuneScape/Jagex even have a presence at other big gaming conventions in the US? I never hear any news on them.

This probably explains why there is no Runefest in the US. Despite the player base they aren't well known at conventions in the US. What more Runefest might be over looked for other conventions, even the ones unrelated to them, even if they avoid the likes of E3, ComicCon, Pax (Chicago seems to have an Anime Con every month).

I hope this changes with RS3 and they do show up at Pax...iit appears they are making that move anyway what with an article by IGN.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I hope this changes with RS3 and they do show up at Pax...iit appears they are making that move anyway what with an article by IGN.

I hope so as well. Some new faces in the RS community would be nice.

Tg_Ibe.png

Why would they spent valuable resources on something as stupid as that... I never understood this.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Why would they spent valuable resources on something as stupid as that... I never understood this.

Assuming you are referring to having a runefest I the United States - just think about other types of people or businesses that break the culture barrier. Musicians are an amazing example.

Congratulations to jagex on flubbing on this one without an appropriate address to past endeavors.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jagex have been to other conventions in America but mostly to talk about Transformers rather than Runescape

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I would LOVE to see them at PAX, but I don't think they do.

They've been at E3 at least once, I'm not sure if they still do.

maraxussig4.png

Hmm would be funny enough to do all nighter weekend on teknoparties or some festival and then go to runefest after hahahaha

maybe there, I should go to UK anyhow

you need to be able to perform 100% for those games so you can win items like the golden scythe etc...

Tg_Ibe.png