22-Jul-2013 - RuneScape 3!

SwreeTak

Do you mean how to drag it to make it bigger? In which case just unlock your interface and drag it to the size you want. Not sure if you can actually zoom in/out.

No, really zoom in. Wait, I'll search some pictures.

EDIT: took a few pics from the picture thread.

3KaBx.jpg

Here we see a pretty small minimap, but the minimap is zoomed out a lot. You can see whole the Heroes Guild.

Now, take this pic.

QTKKjVD.png

The minimap here is larger, but take a look at the Heroes Guild, we can't even see halve of it.

So there must be some kind of zooming possible within the minimap. I've seen people with the whole of GE on a small minimap. And I don't think it has to do with the zooming in the game itself, as you can see in above pics, their camera hangs at about the same height.

1. Bxp's pic is from the challenge guy.

2. Mish's pic is from the bank chest.

3. Both pics have a different direction they are facing.

• Like 1

Ok then... No zoom. :/

Yeah it was just because the whole first picture was zoomed out. If you click on it so you can see it at its regular size, you'll notice the icons are the same size.

I overlayed both minimaps by rotating one and giving it a bit of transparency:

5mvYVOK.png

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Okay, thanks. :) I'm abit sad now, because I really wanted to use it. :P Maybe HTML5 has it? :P

On a sidenote: anyone having a shaky camera? This one doesn't run as smooth as the one from RS2, because it's so fixated on our character.

Zamorak because at least he's honest, besides the backstabbing to get godhood. Sara's just a hypocrite. I'm the only good, everything els is evil and must be destroyed.

Also, Is this a permanent update? Jagex calling it an event instead of an update and the timers for the rewards seem to say that its not permanent and will be removed after the victor has been decided?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

After ten weeks of battling, the last big push comes from both sides, a victor is decided. Some stuff happens (some say the other god gets killed, but I dearly hope that isn't the case, not yet, at least) and the event should be going. But Lumbridge will never be the same again. Maybe the victor will build a castle there, maybe not, maybe the anima mundi will sprout a new mountain, who knows?

Interesting note: a mod said Vorago would take a look at the battlefield.

This picture has been going around the HLF according to Reddit. Looks legit.

F7w2afr.jpg

Seems like the boss for some sort of "God Invasion" themed update in the future. Jagex did mention that some gods would try to take over certain places--perhaps this is one of the minions that will be leading the charge in the RS3 world events.

Anyone else remember this? Hopefully we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.

That monster reminds me of a Digimon, dunno which one

E: Metalgarurumon :)

• Like 5

After ten weeks of battling, the last big push comes from both sides, a victor is decided. Some stuff happens (some say the other god gets killed, but I dearly hope that isn't the case, not yet, at least) and the event should be going. But Lumbridge will never be the same again. Maybe the victor will build a castle there, maybe not, maybe the anima mundi will sprout a new mountain, who knows?

Interesting note: a mod said Vorago would take a look at the battlefield.

Just as they both charge up for their super final attack Brassica Prime teles in and gets turned into cabbage mush.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

F7w2afr.jpg

Seems like the boss for some sort of "God Invasion" themed update in the future. Jagex did mention that some gods would try to take over certain places--perhaps this is one of the minions that will be leading the charge in the RS3 world events.

Anyone else remember this? Hopefully we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.

Someone needs to tell Jagex that there's more to good character design than simply putting knives everywhere. Also seems to be shooting soul arrows.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

We need a steampumk robot god. Or something. As long as it shouts EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!

• Like 7

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

With regards to the whole "Choosing sides based on lore" thing going on the past few pages... I must admit I've been an extremely naughty Zarosian, and player in general and did the thing that Blutters despises - joining Saradomin because, quite frankly, he has such a high lead on Zamorak, I can't foresee Zammy coming back properly from this.

Whereas in reality, if there was an actual choice really... As a Zarosian, I'd be doing my damnedest in order to strike a critical blow to both Zammy and Sara.

On a side note - Meredith, your horn idea intrigues me... But for whatever reason I can't stop thinking of it being like in the Song of Roland... Y'know, when he blows so hard on the horn his temples implode, his brain turns to mush, and he dies...

Also lore side note - Rereading stuff Azzandara has said about Sliske not wanting Godhood as it would be too much responsibility, is there a chance that Sliske has used the Staff of Arma and siphoned the power of Guthix into it, in order to travel to the Shadow Realm or wherever, to re-boost Zaros' godly powers? Could that be why Guthix didn't bother stopping him, because frankly Zaros could bring balance, peace and order again and he knew this?

And with this whole "Sara could be more powerful than Zaros" - It depends. If Sara did get the entire cache of Elder weapons then perhaps. But Zaros is a "Tier 2" God anyways... And even when impaled by the Staff of Arma could not be felled by Zamorak. Aaaaaand he's the only known God to be able to leave his body on a whim (which essentially made him instantly become Voldemort to me...).

Perhaps what perplexes me most is about how these beings attained Godhood... Zamorak it was being impaled on the Staff of Arma with Zaros and siphoning his power, then also finding the Stone of Jas when he came back for a bit. Sara it's hypothesised that it was because he's had the Elder Crown for 10,000+ years that it's changed him and given him Godhood. Guthix siphoned the power of Skargaroth. Armadyl had the Elder Staff so could well have gained another God's powers.

Bandos is thought to be inherantly Godly anyways. As in he's always had it, like Zaros seems to have too... And Seren is inferred to be the divine part of the Anima Mundi and arrived at Guthix invite.

So essentially that preamble leads me to ask - Is Sara really more powerful than Zaros in any way? Except if he were to locate the Elder Weapons? Depending if Sliske didn't imbue Zaros with Guthix power, and give him the Staff of Arma?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I can't say I'm full of joy by RS3 so far. The 5th age only lasted 170 years, and with the death of Guthix, the story has many open spots to fill in. I'm not really sure what the God Emmisary's have to do with this lore, so far. Only Zamorak and Saradomin are fighting at the moment, and believed Zaros is a very powerfull, if not the most powerfull, God. Where do Armadyl, Seren and Bandos fit in all this? We are fighting for a real life month in Tier 1 in Lumbridge, so I truly wanna now why the ancient Good vs Bad battle is going. Because, in my opnion, it is Saradomin considered good, and Zamorak considered Bad. Ying and Yang, even in this game.

On a sidenote: anyone having a shaky camera? This one doesn't run as smooth as the one from RS2, because it's so fixated on our character.

The Classic camera is pretty shaky, but the RS3 one is fine.

Just as they both charge up for their super final attack Brassica Prime teles in and gets turned into cabbage mush.

IR8nhub.jpg

We need a steampumk robot god. Or something. As long as it shouts EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!

4WzCTXs.png

• Like 5

Yeah and if you could use normal font, that would be pleasing [].[] ....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

F7w2afr.jpg

That monster reminds me of a Digimon, dunno which one

E: Metalgarurumon :)

Metalgarurumon with a Schneider paint job ;)

[hide]LigerZeroSchneider.jpg[/hide]

• Like 3

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Is anyone else extremely disappointed in the actual gameplay of the world event?

From the way they described it, I didn't think it was just racing to tag trash monsters and skilling for negligible amounts of xp...

• Like 7

Asmodean <3

Is anyone else extremely disappointed in the actual gameplay of the world event?

From the way they described it, I didn't think it was just racing to tag trash monsters and skilling for negligible amounts of xp...

Yeah I was expecting something alot more interesting.

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

F7w2afr.jpg

I imagine that will be one of the possible Reinforcement Unit choices that we will get to vote on in the coming weeks to bolster Saradomin's army. :D We get to choose four of them apparently.

That, or it will show up for the final day in the all-out showdown, considering it's classified as an "uber".

Okay, thanks. :) I'm abit sad now, because I really wanted to use it. :P Maybe HTML5 has it? :P

If you go into your Settings, under Controls there is an option to chance the Camera Mode from "Classic" to "RS3". The "RS3" Camera is smoother than the normal one--by a ridiculous amount. I think it was intended as Default, but is not default for the Java client for some reason.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Same here, I didn't expect another grind fest. :/

About Zaros being tier 2: Mod Osborne stated that Zaros WAS tier 2, but when the transfer of power through the Staff of Armadyl happened, he lost an incredible amount of power. Which basically means Zaros will be of a lower tier now, or he is a very weak tier 2 god. Depends a bit on what he has been doing while in the Shadow Realm, to see how great his powers are now.

Also, if you look at quickchat and search under "Zaros", you'll see a new armour there. Maybe Our Empty Lord is making a return within some weeks? :P

The camera: yeah, I changed it to RS3. The classic camera is unbearable when doing dungeoneering or the PoP-special events.

Yeah I was expecting something alot more interesting.

Look up just a few posts :P Hopefully the reinforcements will make it far more interesting. Zalok said he heard that both sides were going to be receiving their "traditional powerhouses", so I'm hoping for some Flash Mob-esque demons and big "noble" creatures like the above.

At that, has anyone else noticed how Saradomin seems to only have mammals in his command, while deadthix had all scaly and slimy creatures?

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I can't say I'm full of joy by RS3 so far. The 5th age only lasted 170 years, and with the death of Guthix, the story has many open spots to fill in. I'm not really sure what the God Emmisary's have to do with this lore, so far. Only Zamorak and Saradomin are fighting at the moment, and believed Zaros is a very powerfull, if not the most powerfull, God. Where do Armadyl, Seren and Bandos fit in all this? We are fighting for a real life month in Tier 1 in Lumbridge, so I truly wanna now why the ancient Good vs Bad battle is going. Because, in my opnion, it is Saradomin considered good, and Zamorak considered Bad. Ying and Yang, even in this game.

I consider Saradomin and Zamorak to be the Ying and Yang of evil, meaning they are both evil, just in different and opposite ways.

Good gods do not simply send the person who have just played a huge role in his own return away.

Good gods to not simply destroy worlds.

I see saradomin as much good as I see certain texts in this world as being anything more than actual story books.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The gameplay may change as the tiers change, one can only hope.

If there was more organized gameplay and the threat of actual death such as having to deal with incoming waves of aggressive troop lines then maybe this would have actually marked some kind of evolution in runescape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol