11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Skull region captains cost 2.5k each and offer 200 to all stats and 500 to their speciality, whereas Hook region captains cost 10k and offer 350 to all stats and 700 to their speciality (I think)

This. Unless I guess they have a modifier from a trait or something as she said 300 base stat for 2.5k chimes

ok so a hook captain simply is always good .. :)

Well Scythe captains will be much better as always, just that they'll cost exponentially more :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Skull region captains cost 2.5k each and offer 200 to all stats and 500 to their speciality, whereas Hook region captains cost 10k and offer 350 to all stats and 700 to their speciality (I think)

This. Unless I guess they have a modifier from a trait or something as she said 300 base stat for 2.5k chimes

ok so a hook captain simply is always good .. :)

Well Scythe captains will be much better as always, just that they'll cost exponentially more :P

Obviously, plus the fact that such expensive (at this point) captains can have negative traits :mad:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

About another 5-6 days before we see anyone in the scythe.

I'm at 55% now, will be around 65% at the end of the day, so probably Monday for the Scythe. Someone might be luckier than me with voyage rerolls and get there Sunday.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I can't get over how hard the voyages are in the hook. I've gotten 7 at 5500+ for two or 7500+. Main thing I'm lacking is hook moral crew

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Im getting 2400/2400 max for slate and 3000+ for gunpowder in hook :S i guess thats not bad but i dont like to skip voyages and its becoming a pain to get two good crews out. My special voyages are 3500+ and my chimera is 3500/3500/3500 :S

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

Looks like some missions have a hidden chime reward. Saw this on the ancient bone mission as well.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

^ Isn't correct. You get that when you check your chimes / *other stuff* on the first tab and then switch to the "special tab". I just checked that and suprisingly I got the exact "hidden" chimes and slate as my most upper normal voyage.

With that same tactic you can get "100%" score on a 10k morale voyage when having 1k morale. Still fails tho alrdy tried it.

Grr the hook is pissing me off, getting fried by hard missions, and really cant get on top of them as I don't have enough time to play atm to level up my guys, and don't have enough slate to buy t3 crew/full ship upgrades... the wammy is that you need the best hull/deck upgrades and high level crew to get good success rates on high slate missions

meamzed.png

Grr the hook is pissing me off, getting fried by hard missions, and really cant get on top of them as I don't have enough time to play atm to level up my guys, and don't have enough slate to buy t3 crew/full ship upgrades... the wammy is that you need the best hull/deck upgrades and high level crew to get good success rates on high slate missions

Since you need slate anyways, risk them. Try to get as high as possible and you'll end up in the good track

My problem is I dont have enough crew rerolls which are worth buying BUT I have enough slate :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Finished the second whaler story mission.

So, he says, the only way into Quin's fortress would be to get past the sea creatures, assassins, and traps.

In addition, he mentions that he hired the Death Lotus to kill her, but they failed.

Anybody care to venture a guess as to which three characters have linked storylines? :D

8f14270694.jpg

So, he says, the only way into Quin's fortress would be to get past the sea creatures, assassins, and traps.

In addition, he mentions that he hired the Death Lotus to kill her, but they failed.

Anybody care to venture a guess as to which three characters have linked storylines? :D

Not to boast but I have (edit 4) 3 whaler stories done :) someone said it only contains 6 mission per character, but I find that hard to believe? Also, I am guessing we can only do these sotry missions once?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

Not to boast but I have (edit 4) 3 whaler stories done :) someone said it only contains 6 mission per character, but I find that hard to believe? Also, I am guessing we can only do these sotry missions once?

Well for the triple stories from comp cape we know 1 is the Quin story and 1 is Hyu-thingy story.

Thus far (in story work I have done)

Convict and Missonary are setting up base on Hyu

Whaler and Occultist have issues with Quin

By the sounds of Whaler mission 2 end the need to sneak implies Assassin will come in with Whaler and Occultist for a triple

Leaving Botanist for the Hyu story.

Which would make sense seeing as it puts 1 from each pair into each triple story as pairs are whaler - botanist, assassin - convict, occultist-missionary

Also yes the stories are 1 time play through with big trade good reward pay outs.

Smallest payout is for solo stories

Middling payout for duo stories.

Biggest payouts for trio stories that can only be started once the duo and solo stories are cleared for the 3 characters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, I managed to hire the hook captain. He came with 3 traits (!): workhorse, tough-as-nails (2x). Meaning improved speed (500 instead of 350) and a chance to avoid death (2x) - sounds useful!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

The assassin also has issues with Quin but apparently the occultist stopped her killing Quin.

That would seem to re-enforce my guess on the triple since we now have confirmed Quin links to Whaler Assassin and Occultist.

And confirmed Hyu-thingy links for Missionary and Convict, any confirmation of Hyu-thingy coming up in Botanist story would seal the deal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh, we're discussing story missions now heh?

The Missionary is balls to the wall insane, did his 3rd mission, the Hook islands that is, and discovered he used to smash people's heads when they didn't convert to saradominism. I skiped the Botanist and Assassin's in favour of more precious slate.