Super September is Coming!

Nobody

I like most of the gold outfit. The helm is ugly but I seem to dislike most of the helms in runescape. Wish it cam with some gloves, the only decent colour changing gloves I have are the werewolf outfits paws, the rest only have minimal colour changing.

Current outfit. UontQP9.png

A bit more orange than gold.

Looks more gold when you have textures.

But good old Jagex, as usual, is completely incapable of making a set look like its concept art.

"lol let's recycle the same ugly cape model that every other cape uses instead of actually making the cape look good"

But good old Jagex, as usual, is completely incapable of making a set look like its concept art.

"lol let's recycle the same ugly cape model that every other cape uses instead of actually making the cape look good"

High detail, with tribal shoes added.

mgVEC5l.png

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

High detail, with tribal shoes added.

mgVEC5l.png

That....thing....is....UGLY. :blink:

I'm glad I didn't bother trying for the 1k ranks.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Ok well sinkholes was deffinitely a terrible idea for a super september challenge. I was in the waiting room for 15 minutes and it said '556 total players, 25+ read, 14 minutes left' a the whole time. Eventually after the 15 minutes it kicked everyone back to the surface and said challenge complete

Well planned and thought out Jagex. Why didnt they think through the capacities of their minigames and servers first!. I do sinkholes everyday so this was just wasted xp for me I guess.

I thought it was really fun. I went to a random world and had no trouble finding players. Jagex can't really help it when a huge amount of players lag up the game like that, other than possibly assigning some of the non-categorized worlds as "Sinkhole" ones for the day.

EDIT: Just checked, there are several worlds called "Super September" that you could have played it on/try next time. :).

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

You know what concept art is right? The clue is in the name.

To me, it looks pretty spot on.

Sylpheed.png

Ok well sinkholes was deffinitely a terrible idea for a super september challenge. I was in the waiting room for 15 minutes and it said '556 total players, 25+ read, 14 minutes left' a the whole time. Eventually after the 15 minutes it kicked everyone back to the surface and said challenge complete

Well planned and thought out Jagex. Why didnt they think through the capacities of their minigames and servers first!. I do sinkholes everyday so this was just wasted xp for me I guess.

They had this issue with the release of DG tasks. A+/10. Ended up recruiting people and hopping off the themeworld, got it done pretty quickly. Managed to score DG tokens, which is probably the best I could ask for tbh.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

A) inb4vinesweepertask

B) One can only hope they are using these as a swift kick up the rectum to point out where things need to be addressed, such as an obvious issue with overcrowding (Soulwars destroying a timer when overfilled, similar for Stinkholes), even though we may never have such issues again, safeguards being developed would be pretty ok thanks

C) 10k loyalty points tomorrow nom

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

You know what concept art is right? The clue is in the name.

To me, it looks pretty spot on.

So passive aggressive....

The point he makes is that Jagex doesn't even try with some of these outfits. Also, we are allowed to complain a bit about something that doesn't good can't we?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

The concept art vs reality thing:

Who is really to blame though?

The modellers doing their best to realise the concept within the limitations of the game?

Or the concept artists creating art that relies on finer details to look good, finer details they ought to know aren't possible in the game currently?

Or the pr/community team for showing off such concept art that they know will/does have major discrepancies from the finished product?

Personally I'd say the later two are more to blame than the modellers are.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The concept artists envision how they'd like something to be designed, the modellers do their best in matching up the concept art with the limits of the game's graphics (though they do make breakthroughs from time to time), and the community team make a post with the resources they have to show off the idea behind a new set of armour/gear/NPC. Why does blame have to be ascribed to any of them?

If you're dying to blame someone, you could blame the players for their repeatedly high expectations :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The modellers doing their best to realise the concept within the limitations of the game?

Because they weren't able to make the cape look good because of game limitations.

Right.

Capes aren't forced to be modeled with this bad-looking model, you know.

And they weren't able to make the boots not the gloves we see on the concept art either, because of game limitations.

Because they weren't able to make the cape look good because of game limitations.

Right.

Capes aren't forced to be modeled with this bad-looking model, you know.

And they weren't able to make the boots not the gloves we see on the concept art either, because of game limitations.

If they were not given a brief to make gloves or make an entirely new cape model it is not limitations of the game no, but it is limitations of the scope of the project.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue