Tip.it Times Presents: What's your final goal in Runescape?

MPM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 fire make (I should have that within the next week)

80 Attack,str,def

60 ranged (for a dark bow)

Full guthans

And a santa

Mabey another 99 like cooking :oops:

Edit: The times was great :thumbsup: , Ive enjoyed every second of buring logs for 99 firemake...some of my friends should read this.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Runescape should be enjoyed, it should not be a chore, and neither should a regular old school day in your life.

BS! Hehe, nice article. I usually feel the same way about Runescape, and thats why I train all of my skills up, not just one. 50+ all skills by the way.

\'

]

apologies to the intro that was formerly here. I'm sorry for who-ever i insulted i was wrong for putting that. i didn't mean to direct it at the editor i meant the article not the person him/herself.

the reason why we have goals is so we can experienced more whether it be a skill or in an item.

i for example got to 75 fletching that was one one my goals and i said to myself over and over again while fletching that i would make millions and get really rich when i finally reach this goal. this goal led to many others expanding my horizons based on this one goal. from experiencing my (first) 3rd mill i got to the point where i said to myself well... hey look veracs is only 5.something million i have 3m lets EXPAND my horizons on ways to make money while still doing fletching i made money and more money.

i eventually got 83 fletching and i got veracs and i killed the kalphite queen. ( that was another goal of mine. along with goals come challenges. that little (big for people who are going to make fun of me for it) bug gave me hardly any trouble)..

and while i complete each goal after another i see that i can give others advice while i do each goal of every day. when i talk to friends of mine and i ask what they're up too they say oooh... im just picking flax in seers; well i can help them by saying well if you go to Lleta (elf place) theres a place where you can pick flax thats right next to the bank. and then i can also tell him, you can spin your flax in lumbridge castle and thats within walking distance to the bank.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me you have no goals at all when you play runescape. if you don't then you DO NOT PLAY.

reasoning: when you're working on smithing and you go oh hey i got 26 mithrill ore from a random event well lets go mine myself some coal so i can get some smithing exp or even just have the peace of mind of not looking at that mithrill ore day-to-day (or even the bank space).

whether or not its a short term goal such as this it doesn't matter. a goal can last about half a second.

reasoning: ooh i have weeds in my bank that I'm not going to need at all. lets drop these. so you drop them . thats a GOAL. goals don't need to be of a certain time period they just need to have an end result whether or not its good or not depends on what you do or who is doing the goal.

I'm very disappointed in this article i expect better in this article from the editor.

*i invite some one to disagree with me and give their opinion based on what i said. if anything i want people to realize the sense of my reasoning.*

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

missed your articles mr. Editor <3:

well, it's a nice read and I totally agree, all I can say... :thumbsup:

I can have a whole story with my own examples, but I won't ::'

good for you :wink:

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

That was cool. I liked this article. I wonder if the Editor ever plans on making a living out of writing?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

That was cool. I liked this article. I wonder if the Editor ever plans on making a living out of writing?

Yah, this editor(s) is an awesome writer.

Well anyway, =D> =D> =D> Horray for the new times article!! =D> =D> =D>

so true!! 1 of the better articles

keep up the fantastic work!

"Having a level 99 skill isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that fun in itself, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the journey to level 99 that is the fun part"

barrowsmfmcape,thijs5.gif

thijs5.gif

thats made me now think maybe i should let my goal of 99 firemaking and the goal of getting a visage drop stop for a while, untill i find the main reason i wanted these. as is said in the artical once i get my 99 firemaking i will have the happy feeling for a short amout of time and once i get my visage the money wont make me happy for that long.

well ill take it a day at a time ^_^

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

wow i think I've taken dumps that aren't as full of [cabbage] like this.

the reason why we have goals is so we can experienced more whether it be a skill or in an item.

i for example got to 75 fletching that was one one my goals and i said to myself over and over again while fletching that i would make millions and get really rich when i finally reach this goal. this goal led to many others expanding my horizons based on this one goal. from experiencing my (first) 3rd mill i got to the point where i said to myself well... hey look veracs is only 5.something million i have 3m lets EXPAND my horizons on ways to make money while still doing fletching i made money and more money.

i eventually got 83 fletching and i got veracs and i killed the kalphite queen. ( that was another goal of mine. along with goals come challenges. that little (big for people who are going to make fun of me for it) bug gave me hardly any trouble)..

and while i complete each goal after another i see that i can give others advice while i do each goal of every day. when i talk to friends of mine and i ask what they're up too they say oooh... im just picking flax in seers; well i can help them by saying well if you go to Lleta (elf place) theres a place where you can pick flax thats right next to the bank. and then i can also tell him, you can spin your flax in lumbridge castle and thats within walking distance to the bank.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me you have no goals at all when you play runescape. if you don't then you DO NOT PLAY.

reasoning: when you're working on smithing and you go oh hey i got 26 mithrill ore from a random event well lets go mine myself some coal so i can get some smithing exp or even just have the peace of mind of not looking at that mithrill ore day-to-day (or even the bank space).

whether or not its a short term goal such as this it doesn't matter. a goal can last about half a second.

reasoning: ooh i have weeds in my bank that I'm not going to need at all. lets drop these. so you drop them . thats a GOAL. goals don't need to be of a certain time period they just need to have an end result whether or not its good or not depends on what you do or who is doing the goal.

I'm very disappointed in this article i expect better in this article from the editor.

*i invite some one to disagree with me and give their opinion based on what i said. if anything i want people to realize the sense of my reasoning.*

You missed the point of the article, he wasn't saying "Don't have goals..." He was saying, there's no point in having those goals if they are full of monotiny and don't bring you any happiness. Also, even if your argument would have had a valid point it doesn't do you any favours opening your argument with a snide and unintelligent comment.

Sig.jpg

so nice to hear from the editor again!

nice article with very good points. my goals are to hit 99 theiving ( 78/99) and 99 herblore (57/99... long way to go) BEFORE i hit level 80 combat (currently 79 :-k )

in reply to yanksrule... i think you may have missed some of the artice's point. The editor is not saying that we should not have goals, s/he even goes so far as to say that having goals is a good thing. the point of the article was that we shouldnt get so wrapped up in our goals that we dont enjoy what we are doing anymore.

sometimes there are days when i really want to hit you..... this is one of those days

If the aspect of 'looking forward to something' is removed from the game, I doubt many people would be playing Runescape right now. Yes, this game should only be played for fun, but most players and the game itself is being driven by the need of fulfillment.

As for me, I still sometimes have a sense of fulfillment with my current rares. I'm also still proud that I have 99 thieving.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.