What's the story behind your RS name?

stratotanker

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were simply too many accounts with Jason in and I wanted something without numbers in.

I tried a few other naming styles but didn't want anything with 'leet' in so I went with 'Giant Torti' partially out of desire to not have a number in my name but also because, well tortoises are kinda cute.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Olly - Nickname

C - First letter of surname

3 - Favourite number

Olly + C + 3 = Ollyc3.

Would like to take the c3 off the end though.. :x

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I was 12 and obsessed with the Final Fantasy series. 'Aeon' from FF10. Queen , largely just chosen as I'm a girl. (I have a really old account called Gfs Princess alongside.) Looking back a good few years on, it isn't that bad a name, especially when it prompts conversations about Final Fantasy with random people I meet on slayer assignments. :P

My RS avatar is named after the lead character in a series of books I really enjoyed written by David Weber.

The series is called the Honor Harrington series (and currently comprises of 10 novels, plus spinoffs).

It was the first thing that popped into my head when I created this account 6-7 years ago.

To be honest, I wish I'd chosen something else as I'm fed up with people in the game assuming that it's my real-life surname. I constantly get stuff like "John... is that you?" sigh. I sometimes answer "Yes" and see how far I can carry the conversation before they realise lol.

Harrington.gif

When I made my RS name I don't really know what I was thinking lol

I just took some random stuff I liked at the time and made it into a name, potato is cause I like potato's and faafy is the name of this little dragon type lumpy creature on this show I used to watch when I made my account.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

i looked to my side and saw the name of a movie "black dawn"

and thats where the black dawn you all know and love came from :D

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Before the friends list came out players communicated by typing their private message in the regular chat but preceded by "tell [player name]". For example, "tell bob hey what's up?".

At one point I said something along the lines of "tell me later, I'm just about to go for dinner" and RuneScape said something like "there is no user me". So I then registered that name and got a flood of messages from people using the tell system.

IIRC Moderator registered the name 'you' for a similar reason.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

I had a certain fascination for the symbol, irrational number and mathematical constant Pi (pronounced "Pie" if you didn't know) so I named my Runescape character after it.

I don't regret that decision. Anyway any person who is 12 should know about that number.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

My name was created for 2 reasons:

1. I never thought I'd last this long in the game

2. It is a dedication to my 1st ID (Thestanner) which got hacked early on (before the introduction of runite armor)

The name is based off my old schools team name therefore

The Stanner

The 2 is there to say its the second on in the line of stanner names =)

Man i wish i knew id have played this long then I'd have gotten a more creative name :boohoo:

spidereatmoon.jpg

Long Live RSC!

• 3 months later...

i was a total newb when i joined rs, and was obsessed with the legend of zelda. so i first tried link, which was obviously taken. linkzelda? no dice. linkzelda3?! nope. linkzelda30 stuck, and has been my online avatar ever since :)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• 3 months later...

A long time ago me and my friends started a clan called the Kez dispensers, nobody ever go's on the chat anymore (this was around Halloween '07) and we all have Kez in front of our name, mines Kez Low. lol, we were stupid.

Kez dispenser!!

(The Noobiest Noob Of All)

(My combats actually lvl. 69...so yeah)

Kez_Low.png

My RuneScape name "Gumbo Stud" was randomly found. I wanted a name that a lot of people wouldn't had thought of. So I opened a dictionary and found two random words and I put them together, and thats how I got Gumbo Stud.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, made my account when I was like 12. Still wish I would have thought about it more.

Story behind it:

At the time I liked deejays, and my real life name is Jay. So, that became D Jay. But it already existed, so I decided to add some random numbers :x .

2dvjurb.png

• 2 weeks later...

F0rerunn3r

Because I found out about Halo 3 the same day I made this account.

And Forerunner was taken aswell, but I think the name looks cooler with the 0 & the 3. :-#

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.