"A Healthy Addiction"

dandude5007

If you don't believe this is true, look at what you are reading. A forum dedicated to this game that contains intelligent discussions.

Lol.

This discussion makes no sence at all, this is a freakin' game. We don't become more social or learn things with it. It's just a game. It's not a harddrug, it's not the second incarnation of Jesus or your new best friend. These discussion have no value, I am on these forums to talk about the game, not about what the game is supposed to do with my personal life.

You would be surprised at how much you learn from Runescape.

Runescape has a functioning economy, one based principally on supply and demand. Economics? check.

Nope, Runescape is just a game. This may come as a shock to you, but you'll get over it. I could quote all your other points and bash those, but Reb already did that for me. Thanks Reb, I couldn't agree with you more.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason RS attracted me in the first place was because it was the very first MMORPG I had ever played.

But the reason why I'm still playing would be because it is a great fun game with no mandatory fees, which is perfect seeing as I am sometimes too busy to play.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I agree 100% with Reb.

Teaches you about economics? :lol: I learned more about economics from chapter ONE of my economics textbook than I ever have with RuneScape. If you think RuneScape is educational you're dead wrong. You pick up little bits and pieces but nothing compared to even a little bit of real education.

Lol, a healthy addiction, we hear everything. Go waste your life on Runescape, it's fine, I don't mind how you live your life >.>

If you think that playing RS is a waste, why are you a member of tip.it and have over 2k posts on it?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

If i wasn't playing runescape right now i'd be watching tv. I find rs more interesting than daytime tv, and more productive also. I always end rs if i have anything to do in real life.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

If you don't believe this is true, look at what you are reading. A forum dedicated to this game that contains intelligent discussions. If you were wasting away in front of the TV watching Spongebob Squarepants do you think you would absorb anywhere near the knowledge you absorb now?

Are you kidding? LOOK at the front page of general discussion right now.

What's YOUR favorite party hat?
6000 views 73 replies

Why do YOU play runescape?
50k views 6k replies

Lyke omg f2p (h)
19 views 12 replies

BANG BANG EEEOW WRRAW BEEP BEEP BOOP ROBOTS
209 views 1 reply

Dos ne1 hav 3K nats I cud brrW?
18 views 1 reply

TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF AND POST IT HERE
14k+ views 2k replies

Seriously, if you think this is intelligent discussion, gb2/b/.

And if you don't know what that means...

Lurk moar.

If you don't believe this is true, look at what you are reading. A forum dedicated to this game that contains intelligent discussions. If you were wasting away in front of the TV watching Spongebob Squarepants do you think you would absorb anywhere near the knowledge you absorb now?

6000 views 73 replies

50k views 6k replies

Lyke omg f2p (h)
19 views 12 replies

209 views 1 reply

18 views 1 reply

14k+ views 2k replies

Lurk moar.

You wouldnt happen to have stairs in your house would you? But I agree that the conversations on this board are far from intelligent. Sadly, they are more intelligent then most forums are.

But have you ever tried playing Runescape on drugs? It is pretty awesome.

Trophy Fish Caught: 3/3

99 Woodcutting 10-30-05

99 Firemaking 2-22-06

99 Fletching 9-27-07

For crying out loud, just play the game for fun, you don't need to justify it and act like it actually helps you in life. These "arguments" have all been used before, and they've failed miserably every time. Seriously, just play the damn game.

Amazing. Does bringing up concepts that have been used before make them less true? My point was not that Runescape is the best thing for you in the world. Honestly your time would be best spent taking extra classes in school or learning somewhere. But since the majority of kids dont seem to want to do that my point is that Runescape is an excellent alterantive.

I am not "justifying" runescape. It does not need to be "Justified" I am merely singing its praises. :thumbsup: We play Runescape because we enjoy it.

You seem to have categorized my post as if it is a hackneyed article that is made in defense of Runescape.

It is not.

I hope I have made that clear to you.

---Daniel---

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---

6000 views 73 replies

50k views 6k replies

Lyke omg f2p (h)
19 views 12 replies

209 views 1 reply

18 views 1 reply

14k+ views 2k replies

Lurk moar.

hahahahaha Ok i concede that point.

I was trying to make myself feel good about writing that much on a forum so i was pretending it was intelligent i guess lol.

Well tipit used to have intelligent conversation.

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---

6000 views 73 replies

50k views 6k replies

Lyke omg f2p (h)
19 views 12 replies

209 views 1 reply

18 views 1 reply

14k+ views 2k replies

Lurk moar.

hahahahaha Ok i concede that point.

I was trying to make myself feel good about writing that much on a forum so i was pretending it was intelligent i guess lol.

Well tipit used to have intelligent conversation.

Thank you.

Honestly, your post isn't what others are making it, and your points are valid, even if minimal by some people's standards. Even if your post isn't revolutionary, it's a good break from constant topics about either the current update or stupid topics that shouldn't even exist. At least we can draw healthy argument from this intead of posting a one line answer to something that's already been asked or poised.

This post is dumb. RS is not a healthy addiction. You gain nothing from it. Its just a game and sure, you talk to people but in what MMORPG do you not?? (not to mention half the people I try to talk to are borderline [developmentally delayed]ed)

This game is not keeping you out of trouble... I could smoke a joint while I play, how is that keeping me out of trouble?? Now if I were to go out and play soccer or basketball (or w/e) that would be keeping me out of trouble.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

For crying out loud, just play the game for fun, you don't need to justify it and act like it actually helps you in life. These "arguments" have all been used before, and they've failed miserably every time. Seriously, just play the damn game.

Amazing. Does bringing up concepts that have been used before make them less true?

No, but bringing up points that have failed more times and worse than the Mongols did against Japan does tend to make them appear less noteworthy.

My point was not that Runescape is the best thing for you in the world. Honestly your time would be best spent taking extra classes in school or learning somewhere. But since the majority of kids dont seem to want to do that my point is that Runescape is an excellent alterantive.

And my point is that it's worthless for everything but a healthy dose of stress relief and full-hearty fun. Why do you feel a need to justify your playing beyond relaxation? Fun and relaxation are good for you, for crying out loud!

I am not "justifying" runescape. It does not need to be "Justified" I am merely singing its praises. :thumbsup: We play Runescape because we enjoy it.

No, no, the only reason this post would have a purpose is if it was meant to achieve the goal of making Runescape seem useful for real life, which it fails at. If it was not, this thread would serve no purpose other than being random and spammish.

If you aren't trying to justify Runescape to at least a marginal degree, what are you doing? I mean, if you had valid points, maybe I'd get what you're saying, but you're suggesting that 'Scapers have a mathematics capacity lower than that of a six year old, as well as an understanding of economics lower than that of a four year old in order that your points be even slightly valid (well, except the last one, which is quite terrifyingly off). Your arguments just blatantly were useless all around, as if you were desperately searching for a reason to play the game fourteen hours a day.

Not that you are, but I can't help but notice that your points do seem slightly desperate and stretched, to the point of tearing.

You seem to have categorized my post as if it is a hackneyed article that is made in defense of Runescape.

It is not.

I hope I have made that clear to you.

---Daniel---

Then what is it? I honestly can't think of any other options.

So yes, I do categorize your post as a hackneyed article that is made in defense of Runescape.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If you play rs for more than a hour a day, you have too much time ,and you need to do sports, volunteer work, or any extra curriculars.

Rs is really a huge time sink, sure its great fun to log in for maybe an hour at most and have fun. Anything more, and its just wasting valuable time you could do other stuff.

If you play rs for more than a hour a day, you have too much time ,and you need to do sports, volunteer work, or any extra curriculars.

Rs is really a huge time sink, sure its great fun to log in for maybe an hour at most and have fun. Anything more, and its just wasting valuable time you could do other stuff.

And who the [bleep] are you to decide that? Just because we play more than an hour a day we must do sports or volunteer work? :roll:

I agree that it's good in moderation, and it only becomes an addiction if you let it, but what's sad is how judgementally and immaturely some of the readers take it :roll:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

And who the [bleep] are you to decide that? Just because we play more than an hour a day we must do sports or volunteer work? :roll:

I agree that it's good in moderation, and it only becomes an addiction if you let it, but what's sad is how judgementally and immaturely some of the readers take it :roll:

Well said, Hevendor_Guy... I can not have said it better myself. =D>

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Mate i play RS around 2 hours a day. I also play ice hockey, tennis, soccer, badminton and table tennis. Also i am in the top 2% of my school academically. If you can play more than 1 hour a day it either means that you have no life or that you are good at time management. And even if they have no life we have no right to judge them.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

I was addicted to this game, this game was my life. I would reject all my friends for this game, now i can barely log onto this game for 10 minutes. I still love tip.it forums browse then everyday for hours O:) if i'm not at a friends or doing something that is better for me.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Yeah, I mean, every other teen does these kinds of things all day long, there are no other ones who dont play other games or hang out with friends. Heck, who ever thought about chilling anyway? Its the most stupid thing ever.

Like, I too run for 50 miles a day, do laundry for the whole town and feed all the people in Africa. I don' t care about the nolifers behind the computer because I know they don' t do anything usefull like me. So I' m much better then them [/sARCASM XTREME]

If you think people who like to play runescape for more then 2 or 3 hours a day are nolife and think you are better then them. Then please, leave and never ever return. I hate these people who think they are better then others just because they do sports and vollunteer work.

You probably don' t have any respect for people who like to have fun in their time, only if its healthy or usefull.

Leave if you think you are not worth us ' nolifers '. Because you will get flamed by the 'nerds' who do nothing but runescape and eat potato chips and bullit energy drink all day long. Wich are infact only like 100 people on the planet MAX.

Either learn your lesson about respecting people, or leave right now. If there is one thing that I and other people can' t stand is people like you who think we need to get a life.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

:shock: that has to be the worst perspective on a GAME addiction that i have ever seen!

Any kind of addiction is a bad one and if you think that you can possibly learn anything from runescape then you are terribly wrong..

how can this game prevent you from trying and maybe get addicted to drugs etc.?

if you think that sitting on a computer chair staring at a screen instead of going out and living your life is acceptable then go ahead...

..toolskies

now playing on l0wer cla55 =D (yes i like that name too)

So basically, what you're saying is:

If you are enjoying the game, find it fun, but if something else comes up, you will do that instead; it is a healthy addiction.

If you choose to play it instead of going out with friends, or bump of school to play it, or are bored with it/don't like it but still play it; then you are unhealthily addicted.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

well when you look at it like you do its a "healthy" addiction but you could still be outside theres other things besides drugs,and gangs....sports, volunteering somewhere...,band, other numerous things that are better than sitting in front of a computer all day ...but i dont like sports, or band, and im definatley volunteering,if im gonna work im definatley getting paid :D but ya i guess being inside in front of a computer is better than being in prison, getting high, getting killed in a gang.... :lol: