Are the highscores getting full?

Dizzle229

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Jagex gets around to raising the Hiscores to 2mill, or even 3mill, problems will be solved. And I think now is the time for Jagex to do this. It's quite ridiculous, 62 woodcutting to be ranked? Most others are 60+, or the F2P ones are. ^^

1. This ain't Classic; there ain't a cap of 20,000 people online at once and there certainly wasn't anyone taking up that coveted 200,000 spot.

2. Most skills you need to be level 50 in anyway, depending on the popularity. I believe (I can't check right now) that Construction is in the level 34 margin, and I believe that Strength is upwards near 55 or even higher.

3. Jagex will extend it if they feel it's necessary. They've done it before.

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

They will probably eventually increase it. I beleive the top page of highscores definitly needs expanding.. its been top 21 for years and runescape has more than 10x players now.. I think 30+ would be sufficient although not much people pay attention past top 5 :P

Perhaps unranked skills should appear in the highscores as well just noting they are unranked so it could be used to discover peoples stats even in the case of highscores going higher.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

They are "highscores"....... they should be hard to get into.

Agreed. I think Jagex should reduce highscores back to 500k again. It's sad that a measly lvl 60 for certain skills get you into the top 100k players. :boohoo:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't think that the highscores will be full anytime soon. But it will be harder for new players to come into them as time goes, but you will probalby not need to have a level 80+ skill to enter them for a long while.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

That's why they're called the Highscores, it's supposed to be hard to get ranked in my opinion.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I started playing 3-4 years ago, and at the time there was only a top 500k highscores as most veterans remember. to get into the highscores in overall total lv in top 500k took only around 700 total. Now its top 1m and it takes at least 850 total..

naturally people get better, but itll take a really long time to have significant difference imo.

8.5k+ have 99 range, \'

Personal scores for Lime Mercury

Skill Rank Level XP

Overall 22,852 1,775 85,834,134

Attack 3,628 99 18,741,556

Woodcutting 388,113 73 1,037,223

Fletching 138,947 82 2,515,573

Fishing 9,039 92 6,580,039

Mining 140,191 72 937,476

Hunter 16,962 73 1,045,656

Just something to look at.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

they are NOT full, some of the skills like Herb or Agility or RC have less than one million players owning the minimum lvl30 needed to access the highscore.

And by the time you can make nature runes (i.e. lvl44), you are the top 300000 players. However, getting lvl44 runecrafting is NOT hard, if one chooses the suitable method.

So, is it full? Not really, I'm afraid. It is not even half-full!

Currently taking a break from Runescape

Personally I think they should cut the highscores down to 100k people and just add a feature to the website where you can look up anyone's stats (which also gives you a rank out of all total accounts).

But that aside, I don't think the 1 MILLION slots will fill up with hardcore gamers anytime soon. And like others have said, when the highscores fill up again, Jagex will probably just expand it.

In RSC, having 50 in a skill could make you like #7 on the highscores. Now, you need to be in like the 70's for most skills. Please don't hold my lack of ranked skills against me, but the discussion is this. Eventually, I think people will get better and better at skills and the requirement for newer players to be ranked will go up. Currently, I think the highscores are pretty much fair but in the next several years requirements could go into the 90's. Once people get to the 2 million skill limit others will do the same. Before long, the highscores will be so full of people with full experience in each skill that there will be no way to get new people in.

Discuss.

If that happens Jagex would just increase the number from 1 million, to 1.5 million or 2.

i believe rs has 6million members, 2 seems like a decent increase to the broadening of the ranks.

Cut that figure down to around 1 million, and you'll be closer.

Tbh though,with more than 1m people in the fletching highscores,and all those people who have 29- fletching,there must be quite a few more than 1m paying members. Just htink of all the pures around :shock:

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape

RuneScape is expanding and with that expansion highscores are filling up. We can't stop it and new skills will encourage new players to master it and i know eventually loads of people will have 99's but i reckon that the proportion of people with 99's and people without will stay the same.

Just the numbers of players in both sections will increase

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

i thought this myself not long ago =/

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P