Forum is coming back but :(

Thanks to all who got it back.

How about publishing the name, e-mail addresses, home phone numbers, mobile, home address, etc. et.c of the backstabber so the users here can send him/her our thoughts on his act?

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good thanks to the Tip.it Staff to have brought the forums back from that backstab.

The forums come back stronger than ever!!!!

Thanks to all who got it back.

How about publishing the name, e-mail addresses, home phone numbers, mobile, home address, etc. et.c of the backstabber so the users here can send him/her our thoughts on his act?

...I don't think so. Just as long as he doesn't come back we'll be fine.

C2b6gs7.png

Let's see if my avatar and signature are saved. And, also. Where is the music & movies forum? :(

Anyway, nice to see us back online. Shame you have to cough up the loss.

Can we get the classic subsilver layout as well?

I found the music and movies forum. Thanks.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Obviously a lot of lessons to be learned. Its a very big shame. My thoughts go out to the staff of tipit.

Would be nice to know a few more details on the "how" for others of us that run large forums so that we can perhaps but in some extra security systems to prevent a repeat.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Guys, It's sad that we lost alot of important data,

I myselt lost over 500 posts and some very important project and information, but I am not angry.

I see lots of people mad and angry and Tip.it has started up twice from the ground up in the past 7 years, so I consider this a minor setback.

We will get everything worked out and working soon.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I happen to have SubSilver for PHPBB3 sitting around on my server, but I don't know if the staff would trust a download from me :P

That would be a nice start. As long as we can safely open it to make sure that it is what you say it is, we can retrieve at least some of our skins.

What was that wooden style skin called? I want that one back.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Good to see the forums back.

New board style is gonna take some getting used to though :wall:

Good job getting our forum back to all who worked on it!

Grats to all the users too, you made it through a tough TIF-Less time.

35b9enp.jpg

Some of you guys need to stop complaining over trivial things like post counts, avatar or smiles not working. You need to understand how much work it took to get the forums back THIS FAST, considering what happened.

Be gracious people worked this hard, and help contribute to the re-make of these forums by posting in that thread the staff is spreading around.

In any form of darkness or loss, the people who stick together are going to come out a much stronger, tight nit group of people. It's no difference in this case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

I'm proud to be a member of this community.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Well, I'm happy it's back, kudos to the people who got it all running in only three days!

Sad I lost like 200 posts, mostly important for Rusco and the Falador Library, hoping we can get that back up soon.

Hate the new phpBB3... but mostly just the skin for now.

Sorry for the big letters ---> I MISS THE FALADOR LIBRARY!

Ooh... "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." That's pretty cool...

I guess some people think that kind of thing is fun. :? Oh well, hopefully this will result in the admin team making backups and saving them onto their own computers more often. ;) So we aren't completely dead when the server crashes completely..

(By the way, are smilies working for anyone else, or am I the only one who they aren't working for? :|)

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

I guess some people think that kind of think is fun. :? Oh well, hopefully this will result in the admin team making backups and saving them onto their own computers more often. ;) So we aren't completely dead when the server crashes completely..

(By the way, are smilies working for anyone else, or am I the only one who they aren't working for? :|)

Smilies arent working for me either :S.

Still, welcome back all ye tifers. <3:

So who the hell out of the staff did this?

Also this new phpbb sucks to be honest. Is there anyway we can get the old one back just for ourselves, (so it doesn't affect everyone).

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Some of you guys need to stop complaining over trivial things like post counts, avatar or smiles not working. You need to understand how much work it took to get the forums back THIS FAST, considering what happened.

Be gracious people worked this hard, and help contribute to the re-make of these forums by posting in that thread the staff is spreading around.

In any form of darkness or loss, the people who stick together are going to come out a much stronger, tight nit group of people. It's no difference in this case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

I'm proud to be a member of this community.

We know that they've been brilliant and have done a great service to the tip.it community. However, we do want to sort out what needs to be done as well as congratulating those who have worked hard. How they managed to discover the backup file is beyond me.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Also this new phpbb sucks to be honest. Is there anyway we can get the old one back just for ourselves, (so it doesn't affect everyone).

If you mean the theme, they're working on it.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Glad it's back. But how do you do a hige code and edit your title since the old hide codes are working....Sorry If i over looked something but I did look in the FAQ tab too.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Man, i can't believe how sad it is for somebody to do that.

Good job to the people who got the forum back online.

However, its a shame we've lost the last 2 months posts as there were some exceptional threads. Ie the tipit pic and the picures of tipiters threads.

Also lost my scoring guide which took over a month to make, doub't i'll remake as it took so long.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^