New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

I'm f2p so I can't see fullscreen.. blah.

I really like it overall though. I like the emotes (especially the 'Jig' one \' ), but the headshot, you know when you're talking, just looks scary. Lizzyliz42 looks like she's about to blow up at any minute and kill someone o.o; And the walking animation looks too bouncy, it looks like I'm skipping. Lol.

And lag. Lots of lag. SUPER LAGGY.

MSSW4TI.png

Currently P2P

stats

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this was a worthless update. :thumbdown: How long before I'm actually able to play, a day, 2 days, a week. It won't even let me download the new higher resolution. Tells me theirs an error and gives 2 ways to fix it. Either be the administrator on my computer or have the original person who downloaded rs be the person who does the new download. Well guess what Jagex I am that person in both cases.

Gonavycv64.png

Gonavycv64.png

262.png

Try weilding and shotting a bow now. Looks [developmentally delayed]. Also why do we swing whips along behind us? Im all for better graphics, but the avatars didnt need changing as much as they have been, they could have just made them more detailed.

Pfft, range animation looks awesome now. :roll: And bows *gasp* actually have strings!

[hide=]331exx1.png[/hide]

How is that [developmentally delayed]ed?

I swear if it were up to some of you we'd still be way back in the beginnings of RSC where the most powerful armor was steel... so many of you seem to feel that change = bad no matter what it is.

I'm confused.

Can someone verify that I can log in on a f2p account, in the new detail mode?

I keep seeing people talking about it, but when I go to try it doesn't work, says I need a members account.

spacescenev24.jpg

I'm way confused....

My graphics card, processor, RAM, EVERYTHING, is more than capable of handling this new high detail mode, and I'm 100% sure of it. Nearly 1GB of RAM, 3.0GHZ, 128MB memory, everything's in order, yet I keep getting the message saying my computer isn't strong enough.

I've TRIED installing the new drivers for my graphics card (Intel 910GL Express Chipset Family), it's says I'm installing the wrong drivers when I try to run the program.

I know this is Tip.It, and no a tech forum, but still, any help would be appreciated, I wanna see the new detail.... <3:

I'm confused.

Can someone verify that I can log in on a f2p account, in the new detail mode?

I keep seeing people talking about it, but when I go to try it doesn't work, says I need a members account.

Unfortunately its members only while in beta i expect.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

i'm a ghost pirate/pirate caught in a rum brewing accident... yay \'

nofacearrrrgh.jpg

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Overall Its cool but the mass lag is soooo....meh...

I tried to go to a low populated world to play cw, even tough the lag was still bad everything in cw looks sick! :thumbsup:

I dont understand how I can play huge games with higher demanding graphics like World Of Warcraft, Lord of The Rings Online and other games like that easy on high settings. But when I try runescape on high setting its preety much unplayable, I had to upgrade alot of tings in my computer to be able to play. Now I can play but with a fair amount of difficulties,Hopefully Jagex will see that thats lag is preety much the biggest problem right now and they might fix it soon.

Also does anybody else think that when f2p are allowed to play we're all gona lag more? :?

----Hoping to get 94 mage soon!!!-----

add me : tantrum2525 (send me a message saying you're from tif)

Well, after all the anticipation and excitement of the new graphics, they are finally here. And quite frankly i am [beep]ed off. I have a semi decent computer, an average computer. I am able to run guild wars and wow soooo easily, with only a few points of lag that pop up occasionally that don't really bother me. I go onto runescape website, and wow the new site looks professional (no longer looks like it's for under 10s ::' ) and i log on, and it loads up the main screen pretty quick and i see the new way howit zooms over certain landscapes which makes me go :shock: in amazement, it's come such a long way, and i log on and everywhere just looks sooooooo much better and emotes and talking and faces are soooo much better.

So, heres the annoying bit. Any time i go to move out of the area that is already loaded it takes an eon to load and connection fails and takes 5 mins to go back to the "click here to play runescape" screen. So, i try a less busy world, same bloody thing!!! So unless i have over 2 hours to get from varrok to lumbridge (example, i know there is a tele spell) i cant go anywhere without getting overly frustrated with the dem server. And if i want to go into my house, it will log out and just take me outside the portal again!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone else had this problem? Do you think it is just the beta version? Or is it because so many people are using it at once today?

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I really like it overall though. I like the emotes (especially the 'Jig' one \' ), but the headshot, you know when you're talking, just looks scary. Lizzyliz42 looks like she's about to blow up at any minute and kill someone o.o; And the walking animation looks too bouncy, it looks like I'm skipping. Lol.

So... how did they manage to get in?

spacescenev24.jpg

I'm way confused....

My graphics card, processor, RAM, EVERYTHING, is more than capable of handling this new high detail mode, and I'm 100% sure of it. Nearly 1GB of RAM, 3.0GHZ, 128MB memory, everything's in order, yet I keep getting the message saying my computer isn't strong enough.

I've TRIED installing the new drivers for my graphics card (Intel 910GL Express Chipset Family), it's says I'm installing the wrong drivers when I try to run the program.

I know this is Tip.It, and no a tech forum, but still, any help would be appreciated, I wanna see the new detail.... <3:

Hmmm you said 128mb memory? is that enough, im not sure....

----Hoping to get 94 mage soon!!!-----

add me : tantrum2525 (send me a message saying you're from tif)

It says under the new detail option 'free players are able to preview the new detail and fullscreen options for compatability' I guessed that means you can se things but not play? I'm not sure thought i'm not f2p

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I LOL @ the guys with uber ftw pwnage nice leet computers updated with the newest chinese japanese idc what-nese technology that lag!

1.0 GHz, the rest was over the required and i'm on HD, FS and not a single piece of lag, disconnects or whitescreens!

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Try weilding and shotting a bow now. Looks [developmentally delayed]. Also why do we swing whips along behind us? Im all for better graphics, but the avatars didnt need changing as much as they have been, they could have just made them more detailed.

Pfft, range animation looks awesome now. :roll: And bows *gasp* actually have strings!

[hide=]331exx1.png[/hide]

How is that [developmentally delayed]?

I swear if it were up to some of you we'd still be way back in the beginnings of RSC where the most powerful armor was steel... so many of you seem to feel that change = bad no matter what it is.

Holy HELL!!! What is that Skull Armor the character in the middle is wearing?!?

The superultra high-definition fullscreen is members only, but the normal version was updated as well.

MSSW4TI.png

Currently P2P

stats

varrock garden. i cant fullcreen screenshot cause vista is noob!

gardenvorrckhd.jpg

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I'm lagging a fair bit but it is generally bareable.

I really enjoy this update, after the BETA i'm sure they will clear most of the problems up too.

=D>

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I think it's a great update and it will only get better.

People must understand its a BETA, it's not completly finished.

I can get a fullscreen screenshot if anyone wants it.

well this was a worthless update. :thumbdown: How long before I'm actually able to play, a day, 2 days, a week. It won't even let me download the new higher resolution. Tells me theirs an error and gives 2 ways to fix it. Either be the administrator on my computer or have the original person who downloaded rs be the person who does the new download. Well guess what Jagex I am that person in both cases.

IM guessing you have Vista. If so go to security and turn off User Account control things. You will have to restart your computer but all it does is take off those warning sign you get when opening things. (It makes the screen go darker and asks you if you want to allow it)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

omfg it took my hair! stupid dwalf helm -.- :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

nohair.jpg

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

A little full screen pic......

[hide=]ali814.jpg[/hide]

I am running this on dial up with no lag.

If you need help getting on High mode , I might be of some assistance. Pm me on the forums and I will get back to you asap... I can't run forums and full screen at same time.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]