Inmate claims he's to fat to put to death.

goldphishies

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other ways to kill a guy tbh. Not so nice, but there are other ways.

Gallows...

People never think these days.

I am against death penalty, and I think lethal injection is the silliest way to execute someone. It is extremely painful, expensive and inhumane, yet it doesn't look scary. It is the opposite of what an execution should be. Gallows, on the other hand, is very quick(if done properly) and quite scary. Cheap and practical. If someone is too fat, you can just use a stronger rope. Anyhow, the best execution method is the guillotine. *Chop*, and you're dead. It is a huge machine which shops your head off, and blood is spilled everywhere. :D

Lethal injection is supposed to be the most humane way of execution. Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I think I trust experts' opinions more than your's, no offense. And I agree with you on guillotines. The U.S. should use them.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

No one's fat enough to take a bullet to the head.

It would be slightly more ironic if you only had John Lennon in your signature instead of The Beatles as a whole.

I didn't say put him to death, all I'm doing is stating no one's fat enough to die from a bullet wound to the head. I'd love peace in the world, it would save millions of innocent lives, but human nature isn't going to let that happen.

I wish people knew what death was actually like, so we could tell whether it'd be better to kill them or just keep them alive forever. :?

EDIT: Sbrideau, I throw a moose joke at you. For 500 damage.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Course, being the silly naive liberal I am, I would say that one way to avoid all this is to not have the death penalty in the first place. But I understand that if you didn't, rapists, terrorists and murderers would run riot... just like they do in all countries which have outlawed the death penalty.

U.S. has a much higher rate of murders than Canada, and guess what, in Canada there's no death penalty. Ironic isn't it?

There are other ways to kill a guy tbh. Not so nice, but there are other ways.

^^^

His argument is bs. If their physicians have trouble finding veins in someone under 300 lbs, they really need new ones. Anyway, the death penalty is a punishment. What's wrong with it being painful?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Ugh kill him some other way....

I know how tall 5 ft 7 is, but can anyone tell me how much kg 267 pounds is?

I am against death penalty, and I think lethal injection is the silliest way to execute someone. It is extremely painful, expensive and inhumane, yet it doesn't look scary. It is the opposite of what an execution should be.

Inhumane!?

I can understand not likeing the death penalty, but saying no because its inhumane?

That mans just gone and raped and murdered 2 girls and you don't like the idea of him dying because its painful... He deserves it.

-The expensive is a good point (I think?) and Gallows & the Guillotine are both cheap and efficient ways of doing it, but they both have a downside as well....

Doomy edit: I like sheep

-The expensive is a good point (I think?) and Gallows & the Guillotine are both cheap and efficient ways of doing it, but they both have a downside as well....

Which are? The only downside I see from the guillotine is that it doesn't get bloodstained until a few executions, so it doesn't intimidate as much at first. And maybe the mess.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Honestly, I think they should serve him nutraloaf for the rest of his life. (Or at least for a while) Since he's fat...Why not make him eat more? And "torture" him in the meantime? Makes perfect sense to me.

Torture, either mentally (Isolation) or physically, is worse than death in my opinion. Even worse is torturing, then killing.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

No one's fat enough to take a bullet to the head.

It would be slightly more ironic if you only had John Lennon in your signature instead of The Beatles as a whole.

I didn't say put him to death, all I'm doing is stating no one's fat enough to die from a bullet wound to the head. I'd love peace in the world, it would save millions of innocent lives, but human nature isn't going to let that happen.

My apologies for making that incorrect inference, it's just what I got from the post as others have stated "Just shoot the guy....damn!"

I've seen two main positions here on the thread so I'd like to ask, what is the main purpose of jailtime? Isolation from society to prevent further crimes, or punishment and revenge?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I've seen two main positions here on the thread so I'd like to ask, what is the main purpose of jailtime? Isolation from society to prevent further crimes, or punishment and revenge?
Punishment, life time in prison would suck way more then getting killed.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I think it's a little of both, since people always want them locked up whether they were effected by the crime or not, meaning they fear for their own safety, yet also want them to have the longest possible sentence as punishment for their crimes.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Isolation from society for irreparable damage to the psychosis; it should be used as a last resort, with rehabilitation coming first and foremost for ANY crime.

I don't believe that. I believe in most cases, a criminal is a criminal, and doesn't change. I'm talking crimes like murder and rape, of course. Rehab can be faked so they can go back to their old habits, easy.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

To give rapists, killers, and child molesters a way out. The main purpose of jail time is to give the accused another path of crime and corruption, both of which happens in jails and prisons across America. Not to mention extortion. Its just another avenue of approach.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Course, being the silly naive liberal I am, I would say that one way to avoid all this is to not have the death penalty in the first place. But I understand that if you didn't, rapists, terrorists and murderers would run riot... just like they do in all countries which have outlawed the death penalty.

U.S. has a much higher rate of murders than Canada, and guess what, in Canada there's no death penalty. Ironic isn't it?

I can't tell if you picked up on the sarcasm oozing from my post. In any case, I agree with your point. Retribution works in cycles, hence why it should not be the primary aim of a sentence.

Which brings me to meol's question. The aims of prison should always be vindication (in order to make society safe) and rehabilitation (in order to ensure society remains safe once their time in prison is over).

We can get as right-wing and militant about this as we like, but retribution simply does not work as an effective deterrent - the proof for this statement is in the stats me and sbrideau2000 have mentioned - and doesn't reform a man for his post-prison life.

as a few people have said i disagree with the death penalty.

whats the point? if they did something that bad they should be put to life in prison in there own cell chained up and only get 30 minutes of outside time p/day to exercise. they should be made to suffer for there crime, not be put out of there misery.

I don't believe that. I believe in most cases, a criminal is a criminal, and doesn't change. I'm talking crimes like murder and rape, of course. Rehab can be faked so they can go back to their old habits, easy.

Which brings us to a question: Are humans born evil? Are they born thinking "damn, crime sure looks appealing right about now..."

I can think of one such case for these views, and that's Ted Bundy. He believed that his crimes were equal to that of snatching a cracker from a child's hand; a crime is a crime.

If they're not born the way they are, rehabilitation can always be tried, at a minimum. Not only that, but the spawn of crime is that there is no other way out in their eyes, it's the only option they have. So perhaps tacking onto rehabilitation, we need to focus on more preventative measures. Which goes back to the gun control thread with jackattack screaming that "welfare increases crime", and I shall respond to that.

Ta.

Bread & Water until October 14th.
kill him and put him underground and dig him up the 31th to be a zombie in your halloween garden decoration

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011