Today...

Leoo

Ah, ok thanks for explaining. So are these taken within school time ? Or are they from external classes. Also I presume Year 10s - Year 12s take them ?

Yeah, it counts as a real class and year 10s - 12s take them, except at my school the only AP offered to year 10s is European History, which I just finished :P but quite a bit other AP classes are available to year 11s and 12s.

wl7w9j.png

Can someone explain these AP and AS exams to me ?

Also, how old are the students that take them.

Example questions ?

Since AS has already been explained, I'll outline a bit of AP.

AP classes (Advanced Placement) are basically College/University courses that are available in High School/Secondary School and are typically taken by Juniors and Seniors (16-18 year-olds). At the end of the year, AP students are given the option to take the final AP exams which are what actually determine whether or not the students earn their College/University credits in the subjects they're testing on; the course work throughout the year is just for preparation. To earn the credits, the students have to pass their AP exams, which are graded on a scale of 1-5 with a 3 or above being a passing score. It might seem easy enough, but only about half of the students who take the exams are able to pass them--and I mean that literally.

The exams over each subject are different, of course, but they all conform to a similar format in general. Each exam lasts for 3-4 hours and includes approximately 75 multiple-choice questions and six "free-response" (essay) questions. You can find example problems here, if you'd like to see for yourself. If the site doesn't work for you (it's based in the US and the problems require Adobe Reader to view) for whatever reason, ask and I'll be happy to type a few of the samples out.

*EDIT*

'Beaten to it while I was searching through the College Board site. :lol:

Ah, ok thanks for explaining. So are these taken within school time ? Or are they from external classes. Also I presume Year 10s - Year 12s take them ?

You kinda get the best of both worlds.

Yeah, the movie was GREAT. Special effects hurt my eyes though. :-#

Same here, ears too. That cinema was bloody loud :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Six essays? Wow, European History only had three :P

You lucked out. :P

In all of the exams I've taken (English Literature & Composition, Calculus, and Chemistry), I've had to write six. :lol:

And yeah, I forgot about the Sophomore AP class; there's only one in my school, but it's a "World History" course. 'Thanks for reminding me about that.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

How would one who makes the occasional A's and B-C's in Pre-Calc fair in AP Calc?

Although I have been excelling this final quarter of the year with nothing below an A on homework and quizes.

How would one who makes the occasional A's and B-C's in Pre-Calc fair in AP Calc?

Although I have been excelling this final quarter of the year with nothing below an A on homework and quizes.

That's a huge step up, considering that I took college level calc(not AP, which is easier).

It's tricky, but most of it should be easy, since pre-calc is much worse, calc is just more writing.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

That's a huge step up, considering that I took college level calc(not AP, which is easier).

It's tricky, but most of it should be easy, since pre-calc is much worse, calc is just more writing.

And I believe AP Calc will have more work in less time. Depending on your teacher, the most amount of homework you'll get each day is about 30 minutes to 1 hour of it.

Just make sure you understand the material well before the quiz/test day arrives. I'm also taking AP Calc (BC) next year. :?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

For anyone planning to take an AP course in the future, I'd highly recommend buying a Cracking the AP _ Exam book. The books are produced by The Princeton Review and complement classwork in preparing for the exams. Each book offers detailed summaries of the course material and at least two full-length practice exams. They also thoroughly break down every exam and give advice on what to study, how to take the exam, and how to further prepare.

'Not to sound as if I'm advertising, but the Cracking the AP _ Exam books are practically essential for anyone taking an AP class.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Our class is goin to take AP Biology. Only reason people want to do it because of the biology teacher is REALLY good(I mean it). I hope I get it as it would help in future goals.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

For anyone planning to take an AP course in the future, I'd highly recommend buying a Cracking the AP _ Exam book. The books are produced by The Princeton Review and complement classwork in preparing for the exams. Each book offers detailed summaries of the course material and at least two full-length practice exams. They also thoroughly break down every exam and give advice on what to study, how to take the exam, and how to further prepare.

'Not to sound as if I'm advertising, but the Cracking the AP _ Exam books are practically essential for anyone taking an AP class.

My teacher recommended Baron's review or Princetons review for my AP United States History class. I didn't pick them up, and I feel that I did fine on the exam. But I have heard from a lot of people that reading review books did help them, and next year when I have 3-4 AP exams I will have to invest in some of these reviews.

Today was pretty unexciting. It was the last day for the seniors in our school, so now my class is the highest in the school.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Our school bought the ones for the AP euro test, and they were very nice. However, if you buy one of these, don't use it instead of your textbook, use it to study with before the exam.

sigh.png

General Studies exam today.

How the hell do you revise on a topic called 'Space'? Not talking about the solar system either.

Might have to play this one by ear.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Used 20 mins on swearing over a piercing that refused to go into place. -.-

After two minutes of stopping to think on it, it fell on place.. It's so typical.

Had a Biology GCSE exam today. Most of it was ticking the boxes and sorting out data from explanations; I needn't have bothered revising.

Went running after school and bumped into this [developmentaly delayed] year 8 afterwards. He seems to suffer ravaging insecurities about the size of his genitalia, so he began to heckle me. Unfortunately, he lacked the intellect to either notice that I was panting and dripping in sweat, or to mock me about it. Below I have written a transcript of our interchange. I think it's rather amusing:

Him: Hey, it's []!

Me: Yeah, it's me.

Him: Hey! You're gay!

Me: No, I'm not.

Him: Look! You're gay!

Me: No.

Him: Your penis is hanging out!

Me: No, it isn't.

Him: You're gay!

Makes you want to weep, doesn't it?

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

Drove my truck around a little bit. Was fun. V10s are [bleep]ing massive.

Now my tummy hurts and I'm realizing that my mom better get home soon, because she has to sign me up for a college entrance exam. I'm pretty mad that she still hasn't, even though she said she will for the past two weeks. If I don't take it, I don't get to take four classes I signed up for next year, and lose about 400 dollars. Really stressing me out. Mainly because the deadline is likely already passed, thanks to how many people are taking the test.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My dad just left a plastic lid on a burning stove, melting the plastic and leaving the kitchen smelling awful.

:wall:

I once microwaved a hot pocket for too long. Same thing almost happened..

kazmahalfsize.png

My last class was canceled, so I was wandering the halls looking for my English teacher so I could meet with him.

Since it was the end of the day and I was pretty exhausted, I was walking somewhat slowly, all over the place. I saw my physics teacher behind me though, so I moved to the side to let him pass.

We exchanged greetings, like usual. Then he asked me if I wanted to play Rock Band.

What.

I said no though, since I was kind of occupied. Though I still got to leave school early, and I think I found out where they were playing. :P

(My physics teacher is an awesome guy. Pretty young, kind of into gaming, likes to blow things up, and he used to live in Australia. Which reminds me, his assistant was teaching us yesterday, when he ran in and asked "WHERE'S THE ROCKET LAUNCHER?" :lol: )

They were building rockets in the seniors honors class. No one was running around with RPGs or anything. ;)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My last class was canceled, so I was wandering the halls looking for my English teacher so I could meet with him.

Since it was the end of the day and I was pretty exhausted, I was walking somewhat slowly, all over the place. I saw my physics teacher behind me though, so I moved to the side to let him pass.

We exchanged greetings, like usual. Then he asked me if I wanted to play Rock Band.

What.

I said no though, since I was kind of occupied. Though I still got to leave school early, and I think I found out where they were playing. :P

(My physics teacher is an awesome guy. Pretty young, kind of into gaming, likes to blow things up, and he used to live in Australia. Which reminds me, his assistant was teaching us yesterday, when he runs in and asks "WHERE'S THE ROCKET LAUNCHER?" :lol: )

They were building rockets in the seniors honors class. No one was running around with RPGs or anything. ;)

Epic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did my ICT exam, I think the writers had an Airline company fetish because the ENTIRE paper was all about some Airline company and the essay at the end was 'Discuss the impact of ICT on air travel' #-o I did pretty well though, I couldn't remember what the [bleep] a graphics library was or how a cartography graphics library would help a presentation or some [cabbage]. I ended up putting something like 'a library of lots of graphics' and for a disadvantage of them I put 'the images may be irrelevant'. :wall: That's the only bit I definitely [bleep]ed up. Other than that, great.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

We're finally on study leave so I'm going to take it easy.

Which means... Yukkuri shiteitte ne!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My dad just left a plastic lid on a burning stove, melting the plastic and leaving the kitchen smelling awful.

:wall:

I once microwaved a hot pocket for too long. Same thing almost happened..

My sister once microwaved macaroni and cheese without adding water. We had to evacuate to the basement, the smell was so terrible. It hung in the air for weeks, and the macaroni turned all black and dried. Kind of like my neighbor.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Him: Hey, it's []!

Me: Yeah, it's me.

Him: Hey! You're gay!

Me: No, I'm not.

Him: Look! You're gay!

Me: No.

Him: Your penis is hanging out!

Me: No, it isn't.

Him: You're gay!

Makes you want to weep, doesn't it?

THe inability of would be bullies to day to articulate themselves in a sophisticated manner which at least adds some respect to their argument is most upsetting. Hitler was far better at it.

Had an English Higher Exam, close reading was fairly mediocore while I got two dream questions to write my essays on, praying for an A :pray: \'

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

My mom brought home the wrong notebook from school, meaning I'll have to write a report from memory, my dad has to stay home from work for the rest of the school year (he's works at a school) because he's suffering from symptoms of depression, and a girl I was interested in told my friend she wasn't interested in me.

:|

Learning a classical piece called Why Is It So by Sigfus Halldorsson on guitar.

Haven't learnt a classical piece in what feels like ages.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!