Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

Confession: I can watch anything about the worst human beings can do when it comes to each other, whether it's a report about rape, murder, etc and the third world country children commercials don't even phase me. When something about animal abuse comes on (commercial mainly), I *have* to change the channel to avoid wanting to get angry or sad.

The same can be applied to movies that show some animal dying or get killed off to the point it's borderline unbearable, but I never have a feeling for when it happens to a child in the same movie (horror or otherwise). It's like my empathy nature is only reserved to creatures.

Confession: I can watch anything about the worst human beings can do when it comes to each other, whether it's a report about rape, murder, etc and the third world country children commercials don't even phase me. When something about animal abuse comes on (commercial mainly), I *have* to change the channel to avoid wanting to get angry or sad.

The same can be applied to movies that show some animal dying or get killed off to the point it's borderline unbearable, but I never have a feeling for when it happens to a child in the same movie (horror or otherwise). It's like my empathy nature is only reserved to creatures.

I'm the same way. The reason is that it is so commonplace for us to hear about murders, rapes, and other crimes against humans. However, we aren't as exposed to slaughter of animals. One thing that really phases me are those horrid picture of people clubbing seals. Seals are my favorite animal and I get all apeshit when somebody tries to show me one of those pictures. I punched someone in the face once because they were flaunting about seal clubbing.

The society we live in, where millions of children starve and Donald Trump has a skyscraper.

That too. Also where millions of acres of farmland are used to grow tobacco. Which kills us. And then makes us devote enormous medical resources to trying to keep us alive.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Confession: I think some of the 'hipster' style actually looks good. I think it's more of the attitude of some of them that gets to me.

Agreed. I respect them for having taste in the lesser-known and obscure things, but there's a line when they sound superior or feel arrogant. I will admit, there are a few of their aspects I kinda like personally.

Confession: I think some of the 'hipster' style actually looks good. I think it's more of the attitude of some of them that gets to me.

I've never understood what people mean by hipster. Like, isn't the entire definition of hipsters being people that shy away from the mainstream trends? In that case, there is no "hipster style" because once you classify it, it's a thing and it's mainstream and they wouldn't be hipsters anymore.

Then again, I don't think anyone actually knows what a hipster is. Like, after graduating high school I started dressing better (rather than black t-shirts and jeans, I started wearing well-fitting button-down shirts and nice jeans/pants and better shoes). When I came to visit my friends everyone was like "OH MAN YOU'RE SUCH A HIPSTER" because I decided I wanted to dress better. It makes no sense to me.

My guess is that 'hipster' has developed multiple facets. Personally, I have a definition of being 'hipster' when it comes to dress, 'hipster' when it comes to attitude, and 'hipster' when it comes to actions.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I think a hipster who purposely choosing trends, music and other shit that are not popular and dislikes those who are popular. It's not a bad thing unless they publicly vocalise how badass they are for liking people you haven't heard of.

Anyway time for a confession. During a heated argument I told someone I hope their parents get cancer. I obviously didn't mean it and am still trying to apologise for it but the person won't speak to me. :unsure:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Hipsters ARE supposed to be anti-main stream, but there's SO MANY it has become a own group.

The term hipster refer to the people within the culture with rotten attitudes about what is and isn't mainstream than an individual who quietly has anti-main stream tastes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Anyway time for a confession. During a heated argument I told someone I hope their parents get cancer. I obviously didn't mean it and am still trying to apologise for it but the person won't speak to me. :unsure:

Yeah, that's one of those really terrible taboos that shouldn't be crossed. No surprise I've had that line several times online (twice in the game-that-should-not-be-named-here), and one a full year before my mom gets breast cancer; at least she's handling it very well.

As for confessions, I bursted out in laughter (for a brief moment or two) in the past when someone mentions rather bad news that has happened to someone else they knew, and there was no control in it. There's also been a few times I don't feel ashamed for chuckling at some unfortunate or weird accident that occurred (either the news or when I see huge traffic that was caused by a car pile-up.

Confession: I get extremely teary-eyed (on the verge of crying) while watching The Lord of the Rings. More than any other movie (even the Passion of the Christ). It's safe to say that they (LOTR) are the only movies during which I've found myself sobbing.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I've said worse. I'm surprised I haven't been suspended from school for it too.

Whenever my brother is giggling at something idiotic online by watching a video, I feel the urge to turn off the wi-fi while he is not looking. It's not what he's laughing at, but his idiotic-sounding laugh in general that annoys me and I feel the need to get him angry so he'd stop. <_<

Secret: Until I was about 8, when school and TV would always recite the "America is a free country" line, I always pictured every other country besides the US as being entirely made up of small villages populated by 18th century peasants that were constantly abused by British redcoats.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Secret: Until I was about 8, when school and TV would always recite the "America is a free country" line, I always pictured every other country besides the US as being entirely made up of small villages populated by 18th century peasants that were constantly abused by British redcoats.

I can relate here. All I ever used to see as far as pictures of say China, were pictures in history books in elementary, so I needed up with the silly mental picture that they didn't have any modern buildings or industry. Even once I realized how crazy that mental picture was, it took a little while before I stopped picturing huts and carts every time I thought about the country.

landingc.jpg

Yep. No modern buildings or industry here.

I can relate here. All I ever used to see as far as pictures of say China, were pictures in history books in elementary, so I needed up with the silly mental picture that they didn't have any modern buildings or industry. Even once I realized how crazy that mental picture was, it took a little while before I stopped picturing huts and carts every time I thought about the country.

landingc.jpg

I used to have the same viewpoint, except that I thought all European towns were medieval castles/villages and saw Africa the same way Drizzle did. Of course, I ended up getting more cynical about the country I lived it when I began interacting with people from around the world and took an interest in history documentaries. Weird how your viewpoints can change bit by bit and don't notice until you grow up.

The society we live in, where millions of children starve and Donald Trump has a skyscraper.

That too. Also where millions of acres of farmland are used to grow tobacco. Which kills us. And then makes us devote enormous medical resources to trying to keep us alive.

Actually, the nicotine has been either added for more effect or genetically modified for nicotine, the natural crop itself really wasn't that bad

anyways, so many essays and tests, and awaiting word for a job, so much going on right now...

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

[hide]

landingc.jpg

I used to have the same viewpoint, except that I thought all European towns were medieval castles/villages and saw Africa the same way Drizzle did. Of course, I ended up getting more cynical about the country I lived it when I began interacting with people from around the world and took an interest in history documentaries. Weird how your viewpoints can change bit by bit and don't notice until you grow up.

[/hide]

Yeah I guess it's a common misconception. This is Abjua, the capital of Nigeria and I doubt many of you would have guess that this picture is from Africa.

nigeria---abuja090511110245.jpg

rosssigfinal.jpg

If I'm going to be totally honest, my mental picture of Africa is still desert and poverty as far as the eye can see. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a picture of a building more than 4 stories high that I knew was from Africa before :???:

I totally wouldn't have guessed that the capital of Nigeria would look like that, mostly because I seem to remember a lot of stuff about wars being fought, and for some reason that makes me assume that the whole city should look like its been carpet bombed.