Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

If I'm going to be totally honest, my mental picture of Africa is still desert and poverty as far as the eye can see. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a picture of a building more than 4 stories high that I knew was from Africa before :???:

I totally wouldn't have guessed that the capital of Nigeria would look like that, mostly because I seem to remember a lot of stuff about wars being fought, and for some reason that makes me assume that the whole city should look like its been carpet bombed.

I know a few cities in Africa are well-developed but I still think a lot of it is wilderness, deserts, and poverty. I should really stop viewing parts of the world in an over-romanticized way but a lot of shows keep drilling that back in my head even though I know a lot of their work is inaccurate at times. :wall:

Having been in Egypt and travelled from Luxor to Cairo on a local train on daytime, I can say that at least this country is mostly villages situated next to the river Nile. Cairo itself looks a lot like the capital of my country, Tallinn, when we got free from Soviets. Except for the subway, of course. It was the cleanest subway I have ever travelled in, though my experience is based on London and NYC subways, that I've heard aren't the nicest. But really, it just shines and it is a major contrast with anything else in the city, as above the ground you can feel and smell and hear that you are in a giant city in Africa. I have no idea what Southern America, Australia and Asia look like, though. As for Europe I can say that it is mostly urban areas, even larger than in the US. Industry is everywhere.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I still picture most of Africa looking like the African maps from MW3 (small, deteriorated buildings with dirt paths). That would be maps like Mission, Carbon, etc.

I don't know how accurate this actually is of the main percentage of Africa, but it's still how I imagine it.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

An entire disscussion and no one mentions Canada? Just to be honest Canada can be quite different than what people think if you see the right parts, heck I live in Canada and I am suprised by what I find in different parts. That's without going out of my province (same as a state).

An entire disscussion and no one mentions Canada? Just to be honest Canada can be quite different than what people think if you see the right parts, heck I live in Canada and I am suprised by what I find in different parts. That's without going out of my province (same as a state).

I'm Canadian too, and I was amazed to learn that some people actually believe we all live in igloos/own a polar bear.

Here's a secret. These are all real questions people asked about Canada when we were hosting the Vancouver Olympics (The answers sadly, are not real).

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow? (England)

A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street? (USA)

A: Depends on how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto - can I follow the Railroad tracks? (Sweden)

A: Sure, it's only Four thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada ? (Sweden)

A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: Are there any ATM's (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto , Vancouver , Edmonton and Halifax? (England)

A: No, but you'd better bring a few extra furs for trading purposes.

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada? (USA)

A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe Ca-na-da is that big country to your North...oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Canada ? (USA)

A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada ? (England)

A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)

A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Vancouver and Saskatoon, right after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Canada?(Germany)

A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Where can I sell it in Canada ? (USA)

A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in British Columbia where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)

A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada?(USA)

A: Only at Thanksgiving.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round? (Germany)

A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada , but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns. (USA)

A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)

A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.

Even though I'm sure at least a few people here have seen that list already (I don't know if we sent it to the non Canadians or not though).

Here's a secret. These are all real questions people asked about Canada when we were hosting the Vancouver Olympics (The answers sadly, are not real).

Q: Which direction is North in Canada ? (USA)

A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Out of all the responses, I liked this one the best. :lol: It's disturbing the questions were more realistic than the answers.

Heh. One of my friend's brothers recently traveled across the USA, Europe, and Australia. He convinced many people that grizzly bear wrestling is a common pastime here in Canada.

Confession. For some reason, despite watching a variety of movies that was scary to others, the first Tremors movie was the first movie to actually scare me as a child. I feel embarrassed considering I saw it again recently and how the cheesiness was able to do something other things couldn't. :???:

Confession: I'm really turned off by a song if it has someone singing.

• Like 1

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Even though I'm sure at least a few people here have seen that list already (I don't know if we sent it to the non Canadians or not though).

snopes

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

snopes

Awww :cry:

Now I just feel silly -.-

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 21 and still never tackled the art of whistling. That's alright though - I would be way too OP.

also, whistling's annoying.

260qqly.jpg

so much. So, so much.

Confession: I have deliberately sabotaged my brother's items several times when he was being too loud with it. About to do it to his music player since he keeps turning the volume up to eleven.

I scare myself sometimes because of how much of an [wagon] I am.

This week a guy at my school's little brother suddenly died. A lot of people were crying but I felt nothing. In fact, I immediately became jealous because of all the attention he was getting from girls and stuff. I feel like such a dick for being like this. I don't know what comes over me.

This week a guy at my school's little brother suddenly died. A lot of people were crying but I felt nothing. In fact, I immediately became jealous because of all the attention he was getting from girls and stuff. I feel like such a dick for being like this. I don't know what comes over me.

No. That is perfectly normal. Why should you feel bad/sorry for something that happened to somebody else who isn't close to you.

The only thing that you might be guilty of is being an attention sucker.

No. That is perfectly normal. Why should you feel bad/sorry for something that happened to somebody else who isn't close to you.

The only thing that you might be guilty of is being an attention sucker.

It's weird because I'm not really even an attention sucker.

Sure I like to have my time to shine at some points like presentations or films I make, but I'm not the person to always want to be in the spotlight.

I don't see anything 'dickish' about it. To be completely apathetic to the entire situation is different from being emotionally insensitive, and it's important to be aware of the distinction. I don't see how it's helping to be blaming yourself either.