Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

@Racheya

You've misinterpreted my post. I meant that after having sexual intercourse, the likelihood of pregnancy is considerable. I wasn't implying that it's extremely high, but if an anxious user posts about it, its likely to be slightly exaggerated (thus 99.9%). It may be that she could already feel the symptoms of pregnancy, but have yet to conduct a test.

EDIT - Oh, so you're going to contribute nothing by posting sarcastic eyeroll smileys? Nice argumentation.

EDIT 2 - I misinterpreted what I said - I was looking at the wrong quote.

@Racheya: I don't - I'm merely speculating pregnancy on the basis of her post. It's plausible, it fits the description, and it causes anxiety. Why is the concept so difficult to grasp?

EDIT - @obfuscator - before you spam any further, answer one question - what assumptions?

EDIT 2 - @Racheya: She may be in the process of finding out, or she hasn't conducted tests and is waiting for her periods. The pregnancy may have already happened, she may not know about it yet.

I've said before - induction. I drew that conclusion on the premises that

She's female (required for pregnancy)

She's anxious (unable to explain it. If pregnant, the girl would be anxious if unplanned. There's many young (20) women out there who plan to have children at a later stage, beyond 25. It's unlikely that she has planned pregnancy at such a young age. This fits the description.)

She doesn't know how to stop it from happening (If pregnant, then its difficult to stop without abortion, which is obviously a difficult choice for many women. This fits the description.)

She hopes it doesn't happen (indicative of only a likelihood of happening. If she recently had sexual intercourse, then there's only a likelihood of pregnancy, thus fitting description.)

She's almost certain it will happen (if pregnant, then she may feel the symptoms, thus fitting the description)

She's uncertain whether she's strong enough to deal with it if it's true (if pregnant, it's difficult to express that she doesn't want it without the potential for social outcasting by friends/family. This also fits the description.)

If it were to be an assumption, I would have no premises to work on. That's clearly not the case, so you're posting libel right now. If you were to argue poor induction, then present your own case. That's clearly not what you're accusing me of. You're accusing me of assuming, but I've shown you that I haven't.

EDIT - 'It is because it is' would be a circular argument. It's a meaningless tautology that tells us nothing more than what we already know. You have clearly not defined it - you have clearly not described its nature/scope/meaning, but merely repeated it.

assumption [uh-suhmp-shuhn]  

as·sump·tion   [uh-suhmp-shuhn] Show IPA

noun

1. something taken for granted; a supposition

2. the act of taking for granted or supposing

Which is exactly what you're doing. Just because you have premises (which are a large stretch, I might add) doesn't mean you're not making assumptions.

You can "induce" all you want from her post; the fact is that until she posts "I'm pregnant"; you're making assumptions.

@mods: I'm done.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I've said before - induction. I drew that conclusion on the premises that

She's female (required for pregnancy)

She's anxious (unable to explain it. If pregnant, the girl would be anxious if unplanned. There's many young (20) women out there who plan to have children at a later stage, beyond 25. It's unlikely that she has planned pregnancy at such a young age. This fits the description.)

She doesn't know how to stop it from happening (If pregnant, then its difficult to stop without abortion, which is obviously a difficult choice for many women. This fits the description.)

She hopes it doesn't happen (indicative of only a likelihood of happening. If she recently had sexual intercourse, then there's only a likelihood of pregnancy, thus fitting description.)

She's almost certain it will happen (if pregnant, then she may feel the symptoms, thus fitting the description)

She's uncertain whether she's strong enough to deal with it if it's true (if pregnant, it's difficult to express that she doesn't want it without the potential for social outcasting by friends/family. This also fits the description.)

If it were to be an assumption, I would have no premises to work on. That's clearly not the case, so you're posting libel right now. If you were to argue poor induction, then present your own case. That's clearly not what you're accusing me of. You're accusing me of assuming, but I've shown you that I haven't.

EDIT - 'It is because it is' would be a circular argument. It's a meaningless tautology that tells us nothing more than what we already know. You have clearly not defined it - you have clearly not described its nature/scope/meaning, but merely repeated it.

1.Makes it possible but not sufficient for anything yet.

2.Unable to describe it? I don't think this fits for pregnancy at all. It's quite easy to explain. Of course she may be anxious and it would make it more difficult for her, but even in that case I doubt she would say she is unable to describe it.

3.As with nearly everything else that is uncertain and lies in the future. Nowhere near a reasonable indicator.

4.Fitting slightly better than 3, but still applicable to a LOT of cases. Plus it might not be as likely after all and just be unconscious exaggeration

5.And again the same - This could be applicable to basically any bigger problem, which is obviously what she talks about so it doesn't narrow down the possibilites at all.

All assumptions are based on *something*. As long as there aren't at least some reasonable indicators(which there honestly aren't) the assumption wouldn't be based on anything convincing from an objective point of view. If there were reasonable indicators, it would still remain an assumption, just one that's a bit more likely and actually based on some good indicators for it.

It's the coincidence that they all reasonably fit. Do note that I've never said for any certainty that she is pregnant, I'm simply saying that it's probable on the basis of what I've inferred from that post. I realise that a lot of what she says is rather vague, hence its cryptic-ness. I'd like to see an alternate scenario that ticks all boxes though, however insignificantly it may be.

In my mind, it does narrow it down to only a few options (maybe she's waiting for some sort of result). I've guessed it from there.

I define assumptions to be what is accepted to be true without proof. I don't accept it to be true, but I give it a chance to be true on the basis of what I can interpret. I'm not sure how many alternate scenarios there could be that ticks so many boxes, if its as vague as you suggest.

EDIT @obfuscator - to take for granted/a supposition is the same expression. You've not defined it any better than saying assumptions are assumptions. I don't know precisely what you mean when you say 'to take for granted', so it'll be pointless to argue until you clarify.

I don't think its an assumption because a) I haven't accepted it to be absolute truth - merely an (arguably) likely probability, and b) my 'proof' would be the premises that would reasonably allow me to draw that conclusion.

Err...I'm not pregnant.

The reason why I am reluctant to say is because it involves legal matters, and I'm fairly sure it could get people in trouble if I mention any more about it.

You don't know the situation and I don't have to tell you. I merely wanted to get that off my chest, because its really been bugging me.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Okay, there we have it. I didn't induce it well. I still maintain that its not an assumption simply because I haven't expressed or accepted that it was the truth, rather - it was probable that it was based on reasoning.

EDIT - No one has coerced or otherwise pressured you into revealing the situation, so why are you so quick to accuse? I know that you don't have to tell me, so your little rant is absolutely meaningless.

An assumption does not exclude your acknowledging of other possibilities. Just sayin'

That said, I fail to see the logic reasoning to the conclusion or assumption you came.

I have a confession too...

I did something that I'm not allowed to do.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Err...I'm not pregnant.

The reason why I am reluctant to say is because it involves legal matters, and I'm fairly sure it could get people in trouble if I mention any more about it.

You don't know the situation and I don't have to tell you. I merely wanted to get that off my chest, because its really been bugging me.

Well that just took the wind out of somebody's sails.

Good luck with whatever it is, hope it works out in the end.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

An assumption does not exclude your acknowledging of other possibilities. Just sayin'

That said, I fail to see the logic reasoning to the conclusion or assumption you came.

You're pregnant too?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You're pregnant too?

Obviously.

Not really. I'm actually perfectly allowed to be pregnant, as an adult. :P

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Because you're a girl, and you have a confession...

Sherlock Holmes says his best advice is to go to Planned Parenthood to get it sorted out.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You are right, but that's not why it wasn't an assumption.

It was because of "a) I haven't accepted it to be absolute truth - merely an (arguably) likely probability." If I had met the criterion of accepting it to be true before being presented with evidence, then you/other users would have every right to accuse me of making unsubstantiated assumptions. It wasn't the case, hence why I maintained that I made no assumption in that specific response.

EDIT @sees - way to misrepresent my position. What next, a sarcastic response in a flawed attempt to taunt me?

Well actually she just killed her neighbour in a fit of rage and buried the body in a bog, and is afraid that the law is eventually going to catch up to her.

This induction happens to fit all your checkboxes too. :P

OT : I actually feel somewhat guilty regarding disasters/tragedies happening in other countries (Japan, Haiti, Uganda etc.). On the one hand, I feel bad that this stuff happens to all these people, and during the brief period after the news hits my thoughts go out to them - but afterwards it completely slips my mind and it could very well have never happened, and I couldn't care less about it. So I end up with this weird feeling of guilt about something that I couldn't do anything about anyway.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well actually she just killed her neighbour in a fit of rage and buried the body in a bog, and is afraid that the law is eventually going to catch up to her.

This induction happens to fit all your checkboxes too. :P

No it doesn't. There's a criterion called plausibility.

A vast majority of people don't commit these crimes, whereas the likelihood of pregnancy is considerably greater.

Normally I dont get effected when natural disasters happen unless I'm actually in one (which I havent yet) but the Japanese Tsunami last year really did hit me in a way. I dunno if it was because im accustomed to the culture or the iron-will of the people I heard about such as the teacher who used his dying body to hold up a structure to protect his students or the officer who breast-fed over 100 orphaned newborns who parents were either missing or swept away.

I did have a bigger typed one but my Router got spoofed as I clicked Post.

Also, is it normal to want to BE in a natural disaster? to feel first hand what its like?

Popoto.~<3