Multi Site Steel War Aftermath - Done - READ FIRST POST!

Well, sadly I couldn't attend this years MSSW but it doesn't look like it turned out the way it was planned.

By reading through the thread most people were saying that there was alot of Bs'ing going on.

My guess, although I wasn't present: Last year members of the other Sites brough The Green capes with them so when they turned up they could switch and cause havoc. It seems that's what has happened this year but on a much bigger scale. They've realised after last year that we have a much bigger memberbase and are able to pull the best numbers.

Conclusion: Other Sites members pretended to be from Tip.It to cause havoc and say we cheated.

Last year waws probably the biggest & best.

If there will be a Mssw5 I hope it's more planned (not that this one wasn't and a huge applause to Ts_Stormrage) as in the leaders of each team get together before it and maybe discuss how it will all go down.

A Congrats to Tip.It on their win, although there wasn't much figting to be had.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously... the only organized fansite I saw was PC, and they had barely anyone and got destroyed quickly. What happened to the other sites? RSC's place was varrock west, right? Well when I went there, there were FOUR people there in steel. I didn't even see them in the war. I mean... there are probably more accusations "tipit had cape switchers and the world was full" etc etc. Pretty good war nevertheless, I got a few loots (nothing good though...). I was surprised when I looted a total of 1000 different runes. Most seemed to be from PC and a few yellow capes. They were mostly airs and fires... I guess we had a few mages there and not just binders.

But seriously, there was barely even a war. Just slaughter. The other sites barely put up a fight.

And then there were those lowlifes in rune who decided to crash. Thankfully they forgot we could use rune weapons. I saw several of them getting owned. Next time we should make it a rule not to chase anyone too far. The reason so many people died was because they chased someone too far, ran out of energy, then a wandering pker in rune or crashing clan saw them and picked them off. The clans were successful at luring some of the more gullible or less experienced players down in single combat to take them 1 by 1 instead of facing us as a whole, next time we should make sure everyone understands that south is single combat. A lot of people were lured south, got owned by a powerful ranger, then yelled at their teammates for not helping.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well, we came to the war, which was supposed to start at 2pm EST hoping to fight vast amounts of people.

When we finally reached the ruined castle and saw only blue dots around we thought the fight had not started so I hid with 'The' members within the Tip.it users and waited paitiently. After a good 10-15mins of absolute time wasting we got told its "over"... wtf?

After walking through the whole thing and noticing that there is NO ONE but green-capes I decided to have a bit of fun and test the tanking ability of random people. So we formed a small group (there was only 20-30 of us) and started koing people.

If you think that absolute boredom leading to us finding a way of entertaining ourselves at the cost of other random peoples Steel armour (you can bloody PROTECT your Rune Weapon.) is "No-Honour"... think about yourself.

Anyway, the event was an utter and absolute failiure. Hope the next one is organised right (hint: dont tell the world before hand, and make signups/ something to guarantee the presence of other fan sites.)

SaDa1337

'The' Clan General.

theooqo6.jpg

Well the war might have been a little better if we'd had more of a fight on our hands but as has already been said those that did turn up to oppose us fought well, sals especially by keeping in single combat to stop our numbers counting. It was a fun event and the afterparties storming the cities of runescape were a nice way to wind down after the war so I ejnoyed the experience and I'll be back for MSSW5 when it comes around.

Those guys who kept me supplied with food; THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I kept some spare food handy and shared it with ts as I followed him as part of his group and I know others did the same. We didnt quite get our leader out alive but thanks too everyone in that group he at least got to the end of the war despite a number of attempts on his life by enemies and greencapes alike.

It was good fighting for you Ts_Stormrage *salutes*. I hope I can do the same in future events

The Suppliers, without you, many people wouldnt have the proper gear, and maybe not even the proper cape either to effectivly fight in this war...

I gave out a lot of supplies before the battle in edge bank for free to those who couldnt afford to gather everything or had trouble aquiring supplies and I wouldn't have been able to give out a fraction of what I did if it hadn't been for a few great people helping keep my trade margin in the positive with junk items. With all the trades I did I'm afraid I couldn't take note of names but you know who you are and thanks for helping me help out our team. I ended up passing out every cape, steel set and strength potion (4) I had to our troops and I hope it helped those that recieved them.

And with that I have just one last thing to say...

Tip.it forever!

Rebornflames.png

As the flames that made up the phoenix slowly burned out,

Only ashes were left where once it stood,

It would be reborn from the ashes,

The phoenix would rise again.

I was there, too. True, I haven't written many posts on tif, but i feel part of the community nevertheless, so wanted to help support tipit in mssw.

The sight of all the green capes wandering through wildy was pretty amazing, although I almost missed the takeoff because of a surprise exam random (failed to pick up the book of xp because couldnt find it on the crowded bank floor lol).

Tipit outnumbered others, which I think is a good thing, since it shows how many ppl wanted to fight for tipit.

I do think it's pretty annoying idea of fun to kill team members while still on war grounds just because youre bored...

Oh well, I managed to stay alive and even participate in the fights, and only died later in Fally when 3 ppl with our teamcapes decided to attack me. Probably bored, too? I dont mind really since I don't miss the outfit, and I couldve changed worlds after the actual war was over, but stayed to see ppl having fun in Fally.

Well... the begining was fun, logged in about an hour before the start. Quickly gave away the few full suits of steel armor I had made and dropped the other pieces infront of the table in the Edgeville bank. Spent the rest of the time waiting in the bank with all the other tippers and watched bs'ers killing others outside the bank. "lovelost" was the only name I really remember that was killing people outside the bank.

I was a part of Stormrage's (I did spell that right? right?) group that ran into the wild, now that was an epic run really sweet. Once we arrived at the fort there was so many green caped men and women everywhere.

Then the problems started, people killing other people even though they were wearing a green cape, then people killing other people even though they were wearing the actual cape. That's what happened to me...

"Oh look a level 75!! Kill HIM!!" - pretty much an exact quote.

Rather disapointing, I mean... so what if I'm a level 75, I wanta fight too! I'll help with the next one, I'll try and sluppy as much steel armor as I can. But if the bs'ers are as rampant... blah... it was real bad.

Maybe a sheet where people can sign up for the war and fall in under the command of sub-commanders who then report to commanders. A bit more organization would've made it real nice.

Still... at least the run to the fort was nice... that sea of green capes :D

Good job on the win. I'm from Pure Community, just to let you know. I just want to let you know, that, no matter what other PC members say, you guys put up a good fight. I know we at PC, didn't put up that much of a good fight, because either we were split, or we weren't ready yet, as of us running south for that reason. To us, pulling 430 Opts was actually a good thing, seeing as that is about 130 people in the wild. If our top clans attended we would of put you guys a challenge (Fatality pulls 100+, Final Ownage Elite pulls 100+, The Last Pures pulls 80+, Mayhem Makers pulls 80+), and including the other clans that I didn't mention in there.

Anyways, next year, we'll put up a better fight, and we'll make sure all our pure clans attend it.

Note: We were easy because most of us is 1-20 defense. ^_^. Hope you guys had fun. Grats on the win.

I had a fun time, especially in Falador when a killed someone, (not from tip.it :thumbsup: ) and got a decent drop. Here are some pics:

[hide=]a "sea of green" on our way to war:

msswseaofgreen.png

Lot's of tiffers:

msswskullXbones.png

Tif owns all, (after i got bsed :evil: )

msswtifownsall.png

And my decent drop from a non-tiffer:

msswafterpartykill.png[/hide]

I lost my rune scimitar, but i got a rune sword, power ammy, some cakes, earth runes and druidic mage bottom 0 out of it, :D .

Colin+227.png

If you think that absolute boredom leading to us finding a way of entertaining ourselves at the cost of other random peoples Steel armour (you can bloody PROTECT your Rune Weapon.) is "No-Honour"... think about yourself.

Umm even though I don't want to add to the "hating" going around :? ...what rogues like yourselves did really didn't entertain the other Tip.Iters at the event. People were probably not concerned about losing their rune weapons but losing their trust of their fellow Tip.Iters. I doubt in the wars to come people other than your own clanmates would be encouraged to fight alongside you. The point of MSSW is to unite a fansite, not assemble a bunch of renegade clans going around and killing random teammates. Really SaDa, your nonchalance is inconsiderate and disrespectful to other members of the Tip.It community. And if you are encouraged to kill out of boredom...it shows you lack the discipline for these kinds of events...even when the event is primarily a fun one.

Please if I may ask you...next time be considerate of your fellow Tip.Iters. We all wish to enjoy this event and not get ko'ed by our teammates (thank Saradomin I made it out without being backstabbed).

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Hello, I am a member from RuneCrypt.com. First off, I would like to congratulate everyone on a job well done, again, at winning. Ya'll had a lot of member participation and were very organized in what you did. Sadly our site maybe only consisted of 16 people, take or add a few, this year. Our leader was unable to make it, as well as a lot of other people, so this did hurt us a lot, lol. We weren't able to be organized this year since we didn't really have any leader to tell us what to do and such like last year. But all in all, all of us had fun, and that's what matters. Hopefully next year, if possible, we will have a lot more members come out and put up at least somewhat of a challenge. Comparing to last year, we sucked big time this year, lol. Anyways, congratulations on the win again, it was well deserved. :)

I had an alright time. We went out, killed what seemed like maybe 10 people, then went home. I didn't get backstabbed and I didn't die, I got attacked once but it was quickly handled, and I killed 2-3 people. All in all, it was a pretty boring war.

Sal's is claiming we used magic and rune... funny, because we piled every magic/rune user there. ;)

Well, I hope you all read the first post now :) its updated and all that...

I would like to thank the people who came here from PC and RC for their sportsmanship... And thank you Sal's Mod for showing your true colors...

It's funny how I've been playing "where's waldo" for the past half hour with all of your pictures... Its really fun to see me stand out in that white stuff :D (and DANG I'm in a lot of em)

[hide=Examples]10.png

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9926 ... siisk2.png[/hide]

Also, Mario Sunny had an interesting view on things:

[hide=His text]

Brief summary of the war:

Under ts stormrage, tip.it decided to arrive early on the battlefield. Of course, just like last year, the second the entire army crossed the ditch, there was mass confusion. People lost stormrage, who ran (instead of walked), and it was just like a good ol' deathmarch (more like a deathrun). Well, the tip.it army, seemingly scattered across the wilderness, was constantly pounded by rune clans and rangers. Despite all that, hundreds of battle-ready tip.iters arrived on at the battleground. But there was no one in sight. Suddenly, reports came in of PC death dotting in the west. Stormrage got a bunch of troops following him, and attacked PC near the member's wilderness gate. At first, it appeared PC had the upper hand, as dozens emerged from the death dot to attack tip.iters. But PC could not keep up with the constant flow of tip.iters pouring into the battlefield, having heard the call. While PC was getting hammered, another rune clan attacked both armies from the south. But after about 5 minutes, all enemies were destroyed on the site. Right after that, we were told to rush back to the main battlegrounds, because Sals had begun their attack from the south. Again, hundreds of tip.iters poured southward, picking off Sal's army. Sal's had a good strategy though - they stayed in the single combat area, and it took longer to kill all of them, even though they had less than the PC army. After a few minutes, it was obvious who had won the war. Both of the major enemy armies had been salughtered: tip.it stood the victor once again.

After that, I organised a falador raid and got about 70 tip.iters on me. It was quite fun, we piled random people in multicombat zones. The tip.it army had split up into smaller (yet still powerful) factions raiding runescape. For the next half hour, tip.it had taken control of world 62, piling innocents in cold blood and picking off the surviving fansites. My own army passed some of the other tip.it divisions three times, it was very fun. Then we decided to go into the wilderness and see if we could kill some runers. Unfortunately, I ordered a pile on a 113 and didn't realize he was part of a 15-man clan. A 102 mage started blasting me, and I had to run while my confused and bewildered army tried to keep up with me and shake the mage. I arrived in edgeville with no food and 50hp, still carrying my full rune and skulled (I din't want to lose that because it is hard to buy).

[/hide]

I had to run because I was being attacked the second I stepped foot outside of Edgy bank :P But year, you are right... I think at some point I had both you, DBZ, Killerred and even Thiesje at my back (seriously, you were supposed to lead your own units :P)

As for the whole "We got bored so lets kill some fellow Tip.iters" with SaDa episode; that is the sharp contrast a Clan has with a Community Fansite where clans do not play any major role... Knowing a bit about clans myself, I can see where this comes from, but that doesn't exactly justify it... Even then, you should always leave the leaders alone, as they are the ones keeping the whole unorganised mass together...

I thank you all for the compliments, but TBH, in this war I was nothing more then a rally point. I didnt need to give orders. I just went where troops were needed, as I doubt I had at any time less then 80 people following me. When the enemy was spotted, it got swarmed, end of story :)

Whether this was due to the ammount of people that read the instructions post or not, I certainly hope it was :)

Still, I expected a lot more of a fight... Anti-Tip.it Alliance next time around, anyone? That'll settle it for sure that we rule it all :D

Greetings and goodnight (I'm knackered) from me and my clan (who are still raving mad that we pulled it off again :))

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Well first of all thank you to everyone who came.

Secondly, we need to sort out how we start the fight maybe do it at a certain time and once that time has past then its started?

Thirdly gratz to the black capes who killed me. Would of given you more of a fight but pc froze ahh well +)

Finally. Bsers whats the point? I know its bound to happen. But still. If those people who attacked me dont see who people are when they mention groups they are in and who they are then its pathetic. Anyway rant over.

Once again Thank you too all who particpated. And hopefull next time we can have a bit more order in the scheme of things

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Umm even though I don't want to add to the "hating" going around :? ...what rogues like yourselves did really didn't entertain the other Tip.Iters at the event. People were probably not concerned about losing their rune weapons but losing their trust of their fellow Tip.Iters. I doubt in the wars to come people other than your own clanmates would be encouraged to fight alongside you. The point of MSSW is to unite a fansite, not assemble a bunch of renegade clans going around and killing random teammates. Really SaDa, your nonchalance is inconsiderate and disrespectful to other members of the Tip.It community. And if you are encouraged to kill out of boredom...it shows you lack the discipline for these kinds of events...even when the event is primarily a fun one.

Please if I may ask you...next time be considerate of your fellow Tip.Iters. We all wish to enjoy this event and not get ko'ed by our teammates (thank Saradomin I made it out without being backstabbed).

Totally agree with lady shahdie there, Full steel and a rune scimmy arent alot to lose but its really the priniple of it imo. At the last Mssw i pretty much did what you did by the sounds of it, stayed by the castle until Tip.it won and then got turned on by bored bsers.

If you had got into a clan chat of one of the generals and followed them you might have seen some action, I helped Ts_stormrages mob beat back the Pure community on the west flank and then had a go at a couple of Sals guys south of the castle. As a result I had a good time. If you had got a bit more involved maybe you wouldn't have been so bored.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

If you had got into a clan chat of one of the generals and followed them you might have seen some action, I helped Ts_stormrages mob beat back the Pure community on the west flank and then had a go at a couple of Sals guys south of the castle. As a result I had a good time. If you had got a bit more involved maybe you wouldn't have been so bored.

I originally was in Ts Stormrage :). I lagged out and rejoined under Mario Sunny. Mario was no where to be seen but then out of no where I see Stormrage emerge from the battlefield with his white armor and horse shield. I then fell in on him, got a nice screenie out of it (see the pics I posted on Pg. 5), and helped with a few kills or two. It was incredibly fun under that unit. All the Tip.It generals really did awesome in my opinion...regardless of a few renegades running around <.< .

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

The event: Well I had fun. ALOT OF FUN. I killed 2 non-tip.iters both with help that I got items from and a few other non-tip.its I helped with. I killed one tip.iter (whoever you are I am sorry. Acsidents with lag...) and I was nearly killed by 6 other tip.iters that thought I was a spy. I escaped with a rune scimmy, a rune dagger(what did they expect to poisen us in a non-member world or somthing?) and over 60 addy arrows. I picked up about 2k worth of stuff that would not sell in ge. I was behind TS most of the time but not always. My first steel war and hopefully not my last! I was wondering though...How many people tip.it and non tip.it showed up a clanwars by mistake?

The after Party review: it was awsome! tip.it owned Falador and semi-owned barb! I feel bad for the unsespecting by passers and teleporters. I killed one of them. Lucky person teleported with no stuff on him.

Final thoughts: Next time I feel an alience coming on between the other sites. But they could never pull it off because we simply have to many spys on all of those sites. So go tip.it!

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

Yeah, I'm thinking that in the next war we'll have a few alliances between the smaller sites, and possibly a "everyone against tipit" type thing. I mean, our community at the event was massive.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

None of us were every were at the same time, so none of us can claim to know everything about the war. This is what I saw.

Tip it got off to a good start, we had several hundred people ready even several hours before the war started. I checked some other clan meeting spots and the were virtually empty. Tip it not having a single leader to direct everything was a bad descion, it apeared that our leaders weren't comunicating well enough and were making individual decsions. While I was waiting in edgevile I noticed no magers with the tip it cape, I saw maybe 4-5 rangers with non steel armor with tip it capes.

At about 4:43 by my clock the majority of tipiters left for the battle flied. As mario_sunny when people crossed the ditch they lost track of who they were fallowing and ended up finding their own way. said The tip it army arived at the battle fiel about 10 minutes early. Our army was condensed to the castle and just aoutside for a few minutes. Then as people from other sites started to trickle in tip is dispersed both south and west. Chaos dominated after that. Our army was spread out but it was not that inportant because other clan sites were not ariving in large numbers. During maybe the next 10 or so minutes people lazily moved around attacking any white dot.

There were several ocasions during this time when some clans attempted to crash. The one I witnessed was on the hill outside ther castle ruins. About 15-20 players, mostly level 110+ and in full rune, logged in simotaniously and attacked with melee, mage and range. Until then everyone had been standing still but then there was a large movement of player atatcking each other. I lagged badly and had to refresh my browser. After was back on it became aperent that we had crushed them trough sheer numbers. I have heard that there were multiple inciedents like this of atempted crashes, along with the the stray high level player on his suicide run. I think this is were the misconception that tip it used range came from because many of the crashers were using range or mage. I also saw some rangers and magers that bore the colors of other sites attacking tipiters.

After what I would call the actual war part, people got bored and started killing anyone with out a team 39 cape, or any one who was fighting someone with a green cape, or anyone who looked at them funny. After another 5 minutes most of our leaders were killed by our own team and with suprising cordination the decsion was made to kill the rest of world 62 as well. And so the war was over and after parties insued, the largest one was at falador in order to recreate the falador masacre.

As for any wrong doings of tip it the only one that I was aware was that we left too early. That many not seem to be to much of an advantage but it was. None of the other site had left early. Tip it had time to remobilize into a single group and gather their people. Because we were waiting for them, other clan sites had no chance to gather thier people and thus we killed the individual member of their team much more easily than would have been the case if everyone had arived at the same time. I have no doubt that tip it would have won regardless but it would have been a very diferent fight.

My sugestion for the next mssw is to try the clan wars tournament again. It might not give justice to the size of the site but it will to the strength of thier player and their strategies. It will also formalize it and eliminate cheating or unfair advantages in any way.

A quote worth of the ocasion,

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry

Actual quote "The best laid schemes o' mice and men Gang aft a-gley"

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

So we formed a small group (there was only 20-30 of us) and started koing people.

Nobody gives a damn about 30k lost; but we lost our trust for our allies, which means a bit more...

MSSW4TI.png

Great event as usual. I think since we own so much, we should make an event where we just go around to all the hot multi spots and own it up. It would be funny to have Tip.It own all of varrock or fally for a few hours. :thumbsup: :twisted:

A MESSAGE FROM A SAL'S MOD:

there were several assassins instantly attacking me the moment I left the bank, they were noob so didn't do much harm to me

on the way to the wild we were ambushed several times by rangers and mages

and from clan wars to the battlefield was one big ambush place

if any of those tipit guys are reading this, and I'm sure you are. You guys are pathetic

just pathetic losers

cheating like this for a simple game...

bah

I won't be joining the next steel war because with all over cheaters it's no fun at all

enjoy your winning it must be really feel good to know you guys won by being the living definition of the word noob...

I hope you guys take this into consideration next time so it make it more fun for others next time. ::'

Well they are the living definitions of Sore Losers

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg