First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ags is very accurate, attack bonusses somewhere in the 160s,and lets not forget that the spec seems to boost accuracy.

someone loves his ags :D. I dunno man, from what I hear, it totally owns AGS.

Bruno is too scared to pk with his AGS though..

So claws > AGS

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Would u say dds or d claws r better? Dds can poison and only takes up %25 and is also cheaper, while this hits 4 times and takes up %50 and it's hard to find somone selling it.....

I guess you just don't realise what the dragon claws can do, majicyugioh4.

The claws spec drains 50% of the bar, does 4 hits at the same time.

One drag claw special is equal to two Dragon Dagger specials. Why need poison when you can kill someone in two specs?(100% of the bar)

There are alot of mixed opinions here between the Ags & The Dragon Claws. With my attack level (80) I mostly hit better with my Dragons Claws than my Ags.

Ags's specs, alot of the time are pure luck while Dragon Claws hit pretty well.

My favourite: The Dragon Claws

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Would u say dds or d claws r better? Dds can poison and only takes up %25 and is also cheaper, while this hits 4 times and takes up %50 and it's hard to find somone selling it.....

One drag claw special is equal to two Dragon Dagger specials. Why need poison when you can kill someone in two specs?(100% of the bar)

There are alot of mixed opinions here between the Ags & The Dragon Claws. With my attack level (80) I mostly hit better with my Dragons Claws than my Ags.

you seem to be missing the point as with the ags you can hit in the 50's without the spec dragon claws rarely hit on decent armor and they dont hit for much, and putting it all down to the spec, well a double 70 from ags owns the power of the dragon claws, ags is 3 times more accurate no question about it. DDS also is alot more powerfull than dragon claws. ive got all 3 used all 3 and they work as expected, claws fail.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

you seem to be missing the point as with the ags you can hit in the 50's without the spec dragon claws rarely hit on decent armor and they dont hit for much, and putting it all down to the spec, well a double 70 from ags owns the power of the dragon claws, ags is 3 times more accurate no question about it. DDS also is alot more powerfull than dragon claws. ive got all 3 used all 3 and they work as expected, claws fail.

I'm not missing the point at all. Dragon Claws are mainly a weapon used for a special attack. Same with a dragon dagger. You're not going to go to PvP with just a dragon dagger unless you're actually 1-iteming. If you're going with a whip, Dragon claws would be the best choice of special attack weapon. They're ALOT cheaper than an Ags. Can hit more than an Ags with its devistating special attack. With the claws, you can spec twice in 6 seconds. If one special can do the same or more attack than an Ags's special imagine two of those... in 6 seconds. Your opponent doesn't have enough time to Eat & say alive, whereas with an Armadyl Godsword they can easily heal 40+ hp & get pray on in enough time.

If claws are better than AGS, Jagex will nerf claws.

At least I think so.

If Jagex were going to do that, they would have done it yesterday when they nerfed the drop rate. I don't believe they will be changed at all, if they do I really do wonder what their quality assurance team do be up to.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I haven't had a chance to use the dragon claws yet, so I can't really weigh in on this too much. But, I'm not believing any of this "ags is 3 times more accurate" and "the special rarely hits above 20 damage" unless I see some numbers. And it needs to be a lot of numbers. :|

wartortlelove.jpg

I haven't had a chance to use the dragon claws yet, so I can't really weigh in on this too much. But, I'm not believing any of this "ags is 3 times more accurate" and "the special rarely hits above 20 damage" unless I see some numbers. And it needs to be a lot of numbers. :|

Fedorca99, are you in-game now? I can give you my claws for 2 hours if you like.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I tried them, and I must say, they rock! Even on armour!

This kind of post is what this thread needs. I do believe there was a video posted back a page or two of Bwuk Im Pb in Bounty Hunter. That video will show you just how dangerous fighting against someone with claws is. Even on armour.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I been in pvp worlds healing people and venging for no reason, but I have seen many pjs with D Claws, and they do rock for it. I rarely can heal the people because it attacks too fast.

Fedorca99, are you in-game now? I can give you my claws for 2 hours if you like.

I am now. :P

wartortlelove.jpg

Well i've just been on world 2

People offering over 160mil for them...

When they came out street price was like 18mil!?

Those people are obviously lying.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

OK, the results are in! I only had 2 hours with these claws (so far), but I've had dozens of hours with AGS, and thousands of hours of PVP (I've gotten almost 7 furys from fight pits alone), so I know a thing or two about PVP. And this much I know: Dragon Claws Rock.

My tests were like this: Claws, with fury and strength boosting helm\boots\ring\gloves, with no top or bottom armor. I super setted, threw on piety, and specced the first high leveled person I saw in safe clan wars, speccing twice then dying so that I could get many specs in a short amount of time.

The special is simply unbelievable. Out of my dozens, if not hundreds of specs, I missed 2 in a row once, on a maxed player with torag's and DFS. I came back after the death and 2 hit that same player from 97 HP. Used on the average 100+, these claws have a 40%+ chance of 2 hitting the player before they can even react, due to the 'jump' glitches possible (veng then attack a player 8+ squares away - you'll have your second special off by the time you run over to him, leaving him with virtually no time to eat or pray for a virtually guaranteed KO at half health or lower.

My specs were consistently high, netting north of 70 damage per spec very frequently, and absolutely blowing the AGS away (Side note: I versed a player in bandos with AGS, (me with no armor) many times, and I frequently killed him when we were both at full hp\spec\super setted, simply because I could KO him in 2 or 3 hits (d claws work fairly well as a non spec weapon, though obviously not as good as whip - I usually didn't bother switching to my whip+defender combo.

The special was a joke against unarmored\low level players - unlike AGS, which frequently hits low, these specials were devastating, almost always hitting 40+ and sometimes 60+ damage. The most damage I did in a single spec was 82, although my equipment was not ideal - no bandos top\bottom or fire cape. In short, theses weapons are by FAR the best speccing weapon in the game, making the AGS look puny by comparison. The hits are obviously geared towards the upper end - with AGS I rarely hit in the 60s or 70s, but these were constantly speccing near their max, possible a combination of their unique hitting pattern and jagex's promise of 'dealing lots of damage'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

[hide=Large persuasive text block.]

OK, the results are in! I only had 2 hours with these claws (so far), but I've had dozens of hours with AGS, and thousands of hours of PVP (I've gotten almost 7 furys from fight pits alone), so I know a thing or two about PVP. And this much I know: Dragon Claws Rock. My tests were like this: Claws, with fury and strength boosting helm\boots\ring\gloves, with no top or bottom armor. I super setted, threw on piety, and specced the first high leveled person I saw in safe clan wars, speccing twice then dying so that I could get many specs in a short amount of time. The special is simply unbelievable. Out of my dozens, if not hundreds of specs, I missed 2 in a row once, on a maxed player with torag's and DFS. I came back after the death and 2 hit that same player from 97 HP. Used on the average 100+, these claws have a 40%+ chance of 2 hitting the player before they can even react, due to the 'jump' glitches possible (veng then attack a player 8+ squares away - you'll have your second special off by the time you run over to him, leaving him with virtually no time to eat or pray for a virtually guaranteed KO at half health or lower. My specs were consistently high, netting north of 70 damage per spec very frequently, and absolutely blowing the AGS away (Side note: I versed a player in bandos with AGS, (me with no armor) many times, and I frequently killed him when we were both at full hp\spec\super setted, simply because I could KO him in 2 or 3 hits (d claws work fairly well as a non spec weapon, though obviously not as good as whip - I usually didn't bother switching to my whip+defender combo. The special was a joke against unarmored\low level players - unlike AGS, which frequently hits low, these specials were devastating, almost always hitting 40+ and sometimes 60+ damage. The most damage I did in a single spec was 82, although my equipment was not ideal - no bandos top\bottom or fire cape. In short, theses weapons are by FAR the best speccing weapon in the game, making the AGS look puny by comparison. The hits are obviously geared towards the upper end - with AGS I rarely hit in the 60s or 70s, but these were constantly speccing near their max, possible a combination of their unique hitting pattern and jagex's promise of 'dealing lots of damage'.
[/hide]

Will you change your avatar to a rush using these? :D

2dgucz6.png

[hide=Large persuasive text block.]
OK, the results are in! I only had 2 hours with these claws (so far), but I've had dozens of hours with AGS, and thousands of hours of PVP (I've gotten almost 7 furys from fight pits alone), so I know a thing or two about PVP. And this much I know: Dragon Claws Rock. My tests were like this: Claws, with fury and strength boosting helm\boots\ring\gloves, with no top or bottom armor. I super setted, threw on piety, and specced the first high leveled person I saw in safe clan wars, speccing twice then dying so that I could get many specs in a short amount of time. The special is simply unbelievable. Out of my dozens, if not hundreds of specs, I missed 2 in a row once, on a maxed player with torag's and DFS. I came back after the death and 2 hit that same player from 97 HP. Used on the average 100+, these claws have a 40%+ chance of 2 hitting the player before they can even react, due to the 'jump' glitches possible (veng then attack a player 8+ squares away - you'll have your second special off by the time you run over to him, leaving him with virtually no time to eat or pray for a virtually guaranteed KO at half health or lower. My specs were consistently high, netting north of 70 damage per spec very frequently, and absolutely blowing the AGS away (Side note: I versed a player in bandos with AGS, (me with no armor) many times, and I frequently killed him when we were both at full hp\spec\super setted, simply because I could KO him in 2 or 3 hits (d claws work fairly well as a non spec weapon, though obviously not as good as whip - I usually didn't bother switching to my whip+defender combo. The special was a joke against unarmored\low level players - unlike AGS, which frequently hits low, these specials were devastating, almost always hitting 40+ and sometimes 60+ damage. The most damage I did in a single spec was 82, although my equipment was not ideal - no bandos top\bottom or fire cape. In short, theses weapons are by FAR the best speccing weapon in the game, making the AGS look puny by comparison. The hits are obviously geared towards the upper end - with AGS I rarely hit in the 60s or 70s, but these were constantly speccing near their max, possible a combination of their unique hitting pattern and jagex's promise of 'dealing lots of damage'.
[/hide]

Will you change your avatar to a rush using these? :D

Fixed large wall of text into more manageable paragraphs. If you think that's text walls, read my slayer thread in rants :lol:

Probably, once I get fire cape and buy back bandos for max strength bonus. Getting a max hit with these should be fairly easy, as everything hinges on the first hit - once that's a 43 or whatever the max is, you have a very good chance of maxing completely for 86-87. But my scrennie there is still 83 damage by itself, and I've hit into the 90s before (no screenshots though). More often then not, though, I get 0-0 on those drag dagger specs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I was able to get my pair of claws from a good friend who went to demons with me (duo) and got a pair on LS. He had already gotten two pairs solo, so he sold me the pair we got for 60K + market. <3:

And the average spec with D claws deals around 35-55 damage. The max is around 83-85. If Jagex is going to nerf them, they will do it during next week's update or not at all.

td2sig.jpg

"Yes, yes, there's a lot of good stuff here. A lot of good stuff. But... I have one concern..."

This thing where players are capable of hitting six or so squares away with the spec, is that intentional? I mean, if other melee weapons are capable of the same, then this was intentional. If not, than this is a glitch/bug and Jagex will fix it in the next couple of weeks or next May.... I have a bit of experience with specials, but not enough to verify whether this is a glitch or not, so I'll let the experts judge.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Dragon claws are wonderful pvp items. A fellow clanmate tried his luck at bounty hunter (p2p) with his new Dragon Claws.

He got a Bandos Godsword and an Zamorak Godsword in the same day.

Honestly, I'd rather have a pair of dragon claws than an AGS.

hzvjpwS.gif