Weekly Poll: native language servers, would you use?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

This week's poll asks:

Would you use different language servers if they were released in your native tongue?

•  
    [*:t3aoktvo]Yes

[*:t3aoktvo]No

[*:t3aoktvo]Sometimes

[*:t3aoktvo]Already in my Language

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

~N_odie <3:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

NO.

I would stay on the english servers.

I is as bad as it is allready on the dutch servers, where I can see mangled Dutch AS WELL AS mangled English in several forms of 1337-speak. Let's not make things worse as they are allready.

To that, you may add that sometimes, the translation is really awkward (sp). I mean, "Karil, de besmette" ? For all you no-dutch speakers, it sounds HORRIBLE!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I'd love a Czech server, fat chance of seeing one though.

My entire family is Czech and I frequently talk with my parent's friends (also Czech) so I keep fluent in both Czech and English. We have almost no Czech literature that I'm interested in so playing RuneScape in my second language would polish of my fluency in the language :)

But then again, there are much bigger crowds for Jagex to appeal to, so again, fat chance.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I'm not a big fan of "1337-speak" (that's what they call it, right?), so I would definitely use an English-language server if there were such a thing.

I can dream, can't I?

:thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Sometimes.

I couldn't probably stand Finnish item names for long. :lol: But on the other hand, the servers would eliminate the occasional need of a dictionary. ;)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

^ Lol. :P

I've heard the worst mispronunciations of RS items etc. Unfortunately there aren't English letters that will allow me to write many of them.

I don't really know if I'd use FInnish/Swedish servers, were those my native languages, but I'm pretty sure my friends would so of course that would influence it.

C2b6gs7.png

No. A lot of quest names and items would have just plain silly names. However, it could be good since they would probably stop censoring regular Finnish words and start censoring Finnish swearwords. I know Swedish people would also appreciate a censor update even if they didn't care for their own servers. Even words like "good" from the Swedish languge are currently censored in RS.

Rao.png

EDIT: (I voted "no")

I agree to all of you that Dutch RS-speak would sound ridiculous. And anyway, I'd want to polish my English for international college...

(if I ever get that far, that is)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hell no...

Polish servers would attract sooo many immature and underage players... and I play on english servers to improve my english xD

19w is unofficial polish server. DO NOT GO THERE!

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

I would. But what are the chances they would decide to make Icelandic servers? No way in hell.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I agree with Zimbu. Somethings just sound wrong. And I know its almost with every language.

Yes, it would be nice for younger players if there is language they understand but no, I wouldnt use it.

I will get on it sometimes, although I'd probably prefer the english ones, because if i translate the things on the English/American server to Dutch, it sounds quite stupid :P

Patjj_King.png

angel2w.gif

99 Fletching,99 Cooking,99 Ranged,99 Smithing,99 Defence, 99 Hitpoints

Pmg, I killed 16264 aviansies for 92-99 Ranged <3:

Dragon boots: 43

Abyssal Whips: 8