Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Everyone is going to get something.

Sounds to me like this means F2P. If so, there are a couple options:

New skill - not until after the exp weekend

Elite Diary - maybe, F2P should get Lumby but it isn't confirmed

New boss monsters - could be

CC / FL update - very likely

I've probably missed some known F2P future updates, but meh....

The fact that they said 'huge number' makes me think the last 2 on my list will be for sure, then maybe a small thing just for members to make the elitists happy.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Something for everyone"...could be an update that also goes to F2P...which might mean the new skill this week? That would be something!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

It's going to be the Clan Chat/Friendlist update, It was said in around august the project has been started, so 6 months development for a clanchat update, which is a big piece of content, you can fix bans without resetting ccs, same with ban lists, apparently there's going to be a clan list too so you don't have to add to friends ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It's going to be the Clan Chat/Friendlist update, It was said in around august the project has been started, so 6 months development for a clanchat update, which is a big piece of content, you can fix bans without resetting ccs, same with ban lists, apparently there's going to be a clan list too so you don't have to add to friends ;)

Probably a dumb question but what's a ban list?

And are we talking about this week's update or next week?

Ban list refers to Clan Chats, and most often would be used where the owner is not always present. As of now, when generals kick a user the kick only lasts one hour which only delays the person from spamming etc. A ban list would be where a ranked player can essentially add a player to the owners 'ignore list' to keep them out perminantly. So anyone can keep a disruptive player out of the clan chat indefinitly.

Since this Twitter came out today (?) it is most likely going to be the update that happens in 1-2 days. Unless of course they find a huge bug in it, but if it's simply CC related, there aren't nearly as many permutations to check as say....enchanting bolts....(yes, I went there).

Ban list refers to Clan Chats, and most often would be used where the owner is not always present. As of now, when generals kick a user the kick only lasts one hour which only delays the person from spamming etc. A ban list would be where a ranked player can essentially add a player to the owners 'ignore list' to keep them out perminantly. So anyone can keep a disruptive player out of the clan chat indefinitly.

Since this Twitter came out today (?) it is most likely going to be the update that happens in 1-2 days. Unless of course they find a huge bug in it, but if it's simply CC related, there aren't nearly as many permutations to check as say....enchanting bolts....(yes, I went there).

Cool thanks I had no idea what he meant by a ban list lol.

I still feel the usage of the word "smorgasbord" might be an indication of something Fremennik ON TOP of clan chat update.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Everyone in TIF's CC has been getting booted randomly at the same time today aswell, saying 'You have left the channel', so something is definitely going on with clan chat.

TIF doesn't have a CC.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I certainly think it will involve an update to friends/ cc lists and management as, has been pointed out previously, Jagex said they were working on it.

Further to that, I had a curious message in my chat window yesterday: "You do not have any messages to which you need to reply." Could we be getting a form of offline messaging?! Please forgive my speculation if you know what I did to get that message and tell me so I can reproduce it. :)

Everyone in TIF's CC has been getting booted randomly at the same time today aswell, saying 'You have left the channel', so something is definitely going on with clan chat.

TIF doesn't have a CC.

Lady Heinous

Orc.png

TIF doesn't have a CC.

Lady Heinous

That is an unofficial clan chat. Tip.it does not control or moderate it.

I certainly think it will involve an update to friends/ cc lists and management as, has been pointed out previously, Jagex said they were working on it.

Further to that, I had a curious message in my chat window yesterday: "You do not have any messages to which you need to reply." Could we be getting a form of offline messaging?! Please forgive my speculation if you know what I did to get that message and tell me so I can reproduce it. :)

That just happens when you press "tab" when nobody has sent you a message while you have been online. Sorry to burst your bubble :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

TIF doesn't have a CC.

Lady Heinous

That is an unofficial clan chat. Tip.it does not control or moderate it.

Yeah but it's still referred to as the TIF clan chat in general. While we won't say one is the 'official' chat - if someone is talking about TIF or HYT chat they generally mean Lady Heinous.

Clan chat changes don't really bother me, but I can see why they'd be useful. Also I'm thinking there will be more than JUST the CC update.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

That just happens when you press "tab" when nobody has sent you a message while you have been online. Sorry to burst your bubble :P

ty ty :) The suggestion of offline messaging is always met with the monumental task of delivering such a system (which I appreciate) so I figured it was more likely something I did. Just serendipitous timing. lol :)

I still feel the usage of the word "smorgasbord" might be an indication of something Fremennik ON TOP of clan chat update.

smorgasbord is a type of sandwich, so a sandwich of updates.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I wonder how many people googled 'smorgasbord' :P it can also simply mean 'a varied collection', so basically we'll probably get lots of little updates, mostly CC and friendlist related.

Edit: Beaten by a matter of seconds :P

Orc.png

I wonder how many people googled 'smorgasbord' :P it can also simply mean 'a varied collection', so basically we'll probably get lots of little updates, mostly CC and friendlist related.

I know I googled it ;)

Mirriam Webster says this:

1 : a luncheon or supper buffet offering a variety of foods and dishes (as hors d'oeuvres, hot and cold meats, smoked and pickled fish, cheeses, salads, and relishes)

2 : an often large heterogeneous mixture

So, Jagex could mean that we are getting new foods, or that we'll get a wide range of different updates. Definition 2: implies that they won't be the same, so, along with the CC updates (pretty much confirmed by how easy the hint was), we might get a totally different update along with it.

Smörgåsbord is swedish for sandwich table iirc.

I think there's too much literal translation going on there. The word is used outside of its literal meaning and the other language twitter hints appear to indicate that it's not to be taken literally...otherwise there would be something about food in there, wouldn't there? Instead, the figurative definition seems to fit, since that's what is indicated in other twitter hint translations.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]