200M in all Skills

Makilio

@langer:

Do you think you could add the actual amount that various people gained in specific skills in your weekly updates, e.g. Drumgun gained in fletching (18m), woodcutting (3m) etc?

I just think it would make them much more interesting personally :)

im sure he could do that so for him to incorperate that into his posts every weekend track all the players for him and send him the information ^_^ There ya go

aribiterspar3.png

@langer:

Do you think you could add the actual amount that various people gained in specific skills in your weekly updates, e.g. Drumgun gained in fletching (18m), woodcutting (3m) etc?

I just think it would make them much more interesting personally :)

http://runetracker.org/track-skiller

Just change "skiller" to whoever you want to see the weeks gains for. It would be kind of a waste of Langer's time to go through and post all of those numbers when they are already listed on runetracker is a graphical format, rather than just plain text. Also I think it would just be a lot of clutter to do it for all of the skills, but I think that total xp gained each week (ie. Skiller (+11.88m)) wouldn't be too much extra work for Langer. If he is willing to do that.

She should stay at rank 15 for at least 6-8 weeks.

Who do you suppose is posing a threat for her if she'll only last that long until knocked off this list?

No one in fact... she will then pass Erw J for rank 14.

In fact I see no new faces in the top 15 for the next 3-4 months at the pace everyone is going right now.

At what stage do you expect skiller 703 to enter the top 15? (Presumably for Erw J?) Or is there somebdoy closer to entering the top 15 that I've forgotten about?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

@ Homer

Skiller 703 is on pace to catch up to Erw J in about 18-20 weeks and it looks like he's in the best position as I haven't seen anybody outside the top 15 that has a high and consistent pace with high XP.

@ Mercyarms

I will probably add the total XP gained in the last week, but like Xen said, it would clutter the post if I added specific skills.

Btw, I use runetrack weekly gains for each top players to get a good idea of what went on in the last week.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Just curious, but why does everybody keep going on about merchanting as if it's the only quick way to make money? The same recent update also made it so you can get full loot from player killing again and staking is allowed to profit now as well. All three methods of money making listed in my post have potential to be the fastest profit in the game and all three bear risk which is more than acceptable to somebody that can weigh it well and make wise choices about where they invest or who they fight.

I'd venture to say that if somebody knew what they were doing, staking is easily the fastest money in the game, though it's fairly high-risk due to the large number of bugs which have existed for a long while without being reported since no profit was gained by exploiting them; once those get patched over and staking is safer, shouldn't we start considering its potential as a major money-maker for anybody attempting this goal, especially so for those that have outright opposed arbitrage as a way to grow their bank? After all, if you had a decent starting fund you could potentially make all the money to finish every buyable skill in only an hour or two. (Though you could equally well lose the same amount in that time, but that's where picking your fights carefully comes in.)

Bartuccio3.png

Just curious, but why does everybody keep going on about merchanting as if it's the only quick way to make money? The same recent update also made it so you can get full loot from player killing again and staking is allowed to profit now as well. All three methods of money making listed in my post have potential to be the fastest profit in the game and all three bear risk which is more than acceptable to somebody that can weigh it well and make wise choices about where they invest or who they fight.

I'd venture to say that if somebody knew what they were doing, staking is easily the fastest money in the game, though it's fairly high-risk due to the large number of bugs which have existed for a long while without being reported since no profit was gained by exploiting them; once those get patched over and staking is safer, shouldn't we start considering its potential as a major money-maker for anybody attempting this goal, especially so for those that have outright opposed arbitrage as a way to grow their bank? After all, if you had a decent starting fund you could potentially make all the money to finish every buyable skill in only an hour or two. (Though you could equally well lose the same amount in that time, but that's where picking your fights carefully comes in.)

If that was aimed at me (please just quote instead of saying "why does everyone"):

Merchanting used to be the best as a great moneymaking source for a few minutes per day, whereas other methods take time. That was turned upside down if you only look at merchanting.

I agree about staking as a great moneymaker. However, I would say you have to base it on the individual cases of the top contenders. If they are no good at staking or don't like it then it doesn't really matter what the potential is. Conversely if a great staker is or becomes a contender they will have an advantage. Also, something to think about: winning enough for 200m exp in all buyables in one session would require a continuous streak of roughly 50-50 wins, assuming you could find someone willing to stake you large enough. In other cases, is it consistent enough for the long term?

PKing is not very good cash. To get on the same level of staking you have to cheat by ddosing your opponents (though you can do that in staking too so the point is null), which no one who valued their ingame time would do. Again, you would have to look at individual technique, but PKing is a bigger time investment than staking for smaller returns (even though the chance of winning can be much greater than 50%).

2496 Completionist

She should stay at rank 15 for at least 6-8 weeks.

Who do you suppose is posing a threat for her if she'll only last that long until knocked off this list?

No one in fact... she will then pass Erw J for rank 14.

In fact I see no new faces in the top 15 for the next 3-4 months at the pace everyone is going right now.

At what stage do you expect skiller 703 to enter the top 15? (Presumably for Erw J?) Or is there somebdoy closer to entering the top 15 that I've forgotten about?

At current rates, Tg is expected to be the next to enter the top 15 from Erw J in about 16 weeks time, though he has slowed down a bit recently.

cause most high rolling stakes are boxing or ddsing..etc mostly luck based things where its same exact wepon ( or hands/feet) against the other and probability tells us since you dont have infinite money to stake with youll lose your bank before you get the money needed for 200m buyables

aribiterspar3.png

with merchanting being more profitable now, it is a shame he refuses to attempt it, a few weeks of successful merching could help him out significantly.

Merchanting got better for items like ely/div/rares, but much worse for everything else.

It took a week but the margins on the regular items before the update are now *very* small to the point that merching is slower cash/hr than other sources.

So it is a huge hit for people without buyables done, but not so much if they weren't merching before.

Trust me, that sucks just as much for me lol. That means I can no longer get good money if I ever decided to merch. 600+ tds kills so far, no effigies or claws or anything yet, frost bones went from 14k to 22k ea, meaning I now need over 6b for 200m prayer (something negative always happens for the skill that I'm training to 200m). Oh, and, unlike other top players, no donations for me AT ALL. No luck ftw? And don't even suggest staking, with my luck I'll lose a 500m stake against a lvl 80 with 99 str or something lol.

In other words, no choice but to give up on 200m prayer, and I've gone back to 7 hours of sleep since I'm fed up of waiting on that guinness record to be placed. Hooray. :(

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

with merchanting being more profitable now, it is a shame he refuses to attempt it, a few weeks of successful merching could help him out significantly.

Merchanting got better for items like ely/div/rares, but much worse for everything else.

It took a week but the margins on the regular items before the update are now *very* small to the point that merching is slower cash/hr than other sources.

So it is a huge hit for people without buyables done, but not so much if they weren't merching before.

Trust me, that sucks just as much for me lol. That means I can no longer get good money if I ever decided to merch. 600+ tds kills so far, no effigies or claws or anything yet, frost bones went from 14k to 22k ea, meaning I now need over 6b for 200m prayer (something negative always happens for the skill that I'm training to 200m). Oh, and, unlike other top players, no donations for me AT ALL. No luck ftw? And don't even suggest staking, with my luck I'll lose a 500m stake against a lvl 80 with 99 str or something lol.

In other words, no choice but to give up on 200m prayer, and I've gone back to 7 hours of sleep since I'm fed up of waiting on that guinness record to be placed. Hooray. :(

*sadfais* :(

Keep up with the WC/Fletching tho

I feel your pain when you said that [cabbage] happens whenever you train a certain buyable skill. Same thing happened with me but I'm only going for 99 prayer :P

Makaveli_93.png

Why not try to plow through slayer and farm for herbs at the same time? It might take awhile, but at your speeds, you could probably rack up millions by the end of the month. Or even max dungeoneering and use your points to farm Frost Dragons yourself?

I think you're in a win-win situation here :thumbup:

@Zarfnot: I will :), still keeping hope something will happen that will enable me to get 200m prayer after all though, like an update that will make prayer really cheap too train, or a rich fan donating a partyhat or 2 - both very unlikely lol. Speaking of partyhats, have you guys seen the prices of them? I saw a person buying a red phat for 1.7b this morning O.O

@Adam: I'm actually hunting right now to get them ugune seeds, which is taking hilariously long (6 ugune seeds in 500 common jadinko's....), and then farm torstols once i make them farming juju pots. Frost drags would be nice, if everyone that isn't staking/pking wasn't doing them, but unfortunately they do. There's no way you could stay there long term, because you'll get so annoyed by all them immature spot crashers that you'll seriously wonder why you're spending so much time on this game. Slayer is bad money if you aren't lucky, so would be the same as tds. Infact, it's no money or even money loss unless you get visages etc. Not sure what dung has to do with moneymaking...ah well XD

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Not sure what dung has to do with moneymaking

Dungeoneering isn't a money maker but you can save money recharging you Chaotic Rapier/Longsword paying with tokens and cash isntead of just cash.

I don't think 2mil per 5-40 hours is much of an issue actually.

If your average exp/floor is 140k and you find a team and complete a dungeon every 30 minutes, and you pay 200k gp and 20k tokens for a recharge, you save 1.8m gp for 43 minutes of work (2.5m/hr saved).

Or you could use your tokens to get a 1.1x exp modifier by buying exp and just be out 2m for every recharge.

I would say 2.5m is significant savings, but of course it only matters if you actually use that many charges (you would have to be doing 200m slayer to come close).

@Drum

Hang in there, TDs are very fickle with their drops :wall:

2496 Completionist

Floor 60 is 195k-200k for rush, the lower floors (30s) are around 100k. I don't know the exact number, and it will vary among resets, but I felt 140k was a nice safe estimate, taking off a little for the occasional death/skipped room.

2496 Completionist

Dungeoneering isn't a money maker but you can save money recharging you Chaotic Rapier/Longsword paying with tokens and cash isntead of just cash.

Buy coal bags and alch them. Or is that profiting from magic? :blink:

Buy coal bags and alch them. Or is that profiting from magic? :blink:

gem bags apparently have same alc half price which gets me wondering whats the most profitable item to alc?

well i ahve 3m tokens...id only get 21m alcing up gem bags for alll that work - buy one confirm alc buy one confirm alc buy one confirm alc

but just wondering lol

StarViv.png

Yep Lof, would only make prayer a little cheaper I think - actually I don't think it will change the price at all because you spread the ashes the same way you would bury bones = only a little exp. Very unlikely you'll be able to use these ashes on gilded altar imo.

yIUqy.jpg