3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

This thread is still around? O.0. I gave my ely to a friend, but I might come back now. Not sure though...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h'ween masks seems to be doing pretty well. Santas has been rising a bit, along with easters and maybe rare edibles.

Phats are on the rise. It seems that rares are becoming more on demand. My best theory is that more people are

taking a break from Runescape (for obvious reasons) and are hoping to sell out their whole bank for rares.

The lower rares are going off like rockets. I am seeing people advertising a purchasing price of 160mil for Santas. I dont think that enough people would stop playing to cause this. What could? What is?

wessan.png

h'ween masks seems to be doing pretty well. Santas has been rising a bit, along with easters and maybe rare edibles.

Phats are on the rise. It seems that rares are becoming more on demand. My best theory is that more people are

taking a break from Runescape (for obvious reasons) and are hoping to sell out their whole bank for rares.

The lower rares are going off like rockets. I am seeing people advertising a purchasing price of 160mil for Santas. I dont think that enough people would stop playing to cause this. What could? What is?

Lemme say this again. I think it's because people are "taking off" on Runescape, notably the rich and high lvl players because of Jagex's recent tendency to ignore the playerbase and

causing more loyal players to quit. These quitters are bailing out by selling all their content in their bank for rares to use as a long term investment. Suffice to say their plans are

working quite well.

I've quit due to the exact same reason. Sold out everything in my bank to buy a red mask and santa. Made well over 80m in less than a month. I cannot say any less to how much I

made with my phat.

Another possible explanation are the bots. Making lots of gold and being able to purchase millions without hard work may cause these lower rares to skyrocket. Massive demand for

these lower rares may originate from RWTers.

Lastly, I think the reason why these rares have gone up so high is simply because of the price. Is a purple hat really worth 2 mask sets + a couple santas? The extreme low price ratio of masks/santas to phats

means the rich players are probably turning to masks and santas to use as a reliable investment.

What are the new boots going for?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Anyone know the price of blue phats atm?

Somewhere between 4.2b and 4.3b.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to W2 GE and it's completely dead. Almost everyone there is part of some kind of dicing cc. <_<

Since RSOF is full of price manipulators I'm pretty screwed trying to find accurate prices for anything... Anyone know whether Ely and Divine are still rising, and if possible, let me know recent prices?

Tact.gif

• 1 month later...

Thought it would be a good idea to bump this.

Phats today are diving.

Blue's under 3B, white's 1.8 or so. Red's 1.3. Green's under 1.1B, Yellow and Purple are ~950M.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Phats today are diving.

Blue's under 3B, white's 1.8 or so. Red's 1.3. Green's under 1.1B, Yellow and Purple are ~950M.

Dang, I should have sold a p-hat like I started to a few months ago and bought it back for lower prices. Oh well.

How much are Partyhats going to fall. I still doubt they ever fall into the range of where I could buy one. But it would be nice. ;-)

From what I've seen, they're on the way back up, probably temporarily. The RSOF* offers I saw for purples were ~950M at one point, though they quickly went back up to ~1050M and now someone's buying for 1100M.

*I know RSOF is full of manipulators (isn't the whole rare market manipulators?) but they are usually pretty constant in how far off normal they are, so they're a good enough indicator of relative price movements.

i always seem to sell my phats at the right time

buy white 1.8, sell 2.9, buy 2.4, sell 2.6, now theyre 2.2

nothing should be this expensive though, a partyhat or 99 in everything plus decent gear

perhaps theyll rise for holidays, although i doubt it, people will probably assume theyre gonna rise for holidays and try to sell them early -> drop more

Phats today are diving.

Dang, I should have sold a p-hat like I started to a few months ago and bought it back for lower prices. Oh well.

They stopped falling last night. They rocketed down in price, panic-buing ensued and within seconds they were unbuyable for their previous price + a respectable percentage (Green had been 1050 - unbuyable at 1250). Following that was an instant crash to almost their previous prices. They have been slowy rising all day.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

nothing should be this expensive though, a partyhat or 99 in everything plus decent gear

I agree with this. I'd rather see party hats/other rares being buyable from a store (at reasonable prices, ~2b per hat/cracker etc.) with 100% resell value. Not so much because it's a great solution, but because any form of making hats untradeable (keeping them a limited number in the entire game) puts them even more out of reach than the over max cash price does already.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted