22-Mar-2010 - Fish Flingers

Melencholy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that the graphics inside the D&D look different than elsewhere? Your character looks a lot more "smoother".

Maybe they are testing some new graphics with this D&D?

The graphics have also been swiped from another game, Eräjorma, that was released in 2001.

kalastus1.jpg

This will be one of the first times that a new content comes out and I will not even bother checking it out. I always hated fishing in games like Breath of Fire and such.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Recent High level updates :

Kuradal's dungeon. 08-Dec-2009

Nomads Requiem 11-Jan-2010

Agility Benefits for Fishing, Hunter and Thieving 19-Jan-2010

Chance of Double Law, Death and Blood Runes 01-Feb-2010

Strykewyrms 08-Feb-2010 (and the new drops!)

Well, I would hardly call that "hardly any high level updates this year".

It's more like: we had a month without high level updates.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I am in my 10th year of playing, id like to see runescape around in another 10 years still being devoloped and updated there is only so much you can before you really can add anything else so im glad they aren't finishing the skills and i hope they drag out finishing them with high level content for years. I think i play runescape alot, almost every day, but i only play for like an hour or so. I guess if you no life the game you can get all 99s and then have stick up your butt about not having anything to do... but i dont think Jagex made the game for players that sit and play 10-12 hours a day month after month grinding everything out. I will defend most of what Jagex has done with the game as i have been around to see it when it was just log in (there was only one server). Any way back on topic this little fishing game seems nice dunno when i get around to playing it... Not a huge deal but i love that i wont have to keep bringing rope to the kalphites lair.

Nomad's Requiem 11-Jan-2010

Herblore update?

Prayer update?

Can't forget those two.

Nomad's Requiem 11-Jan-2010

Herblore update?

Prayer update?

Can't forget those two.

Calendar year (2010) so we can forget those two ;).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Guys, I am not even going to consider doing this D&D. If I open the activity page at the moment.. THERE ARE JUST TO MANY THINGS TO DO!!!! that act purely as a distraction. You do get a reward for these and they are optional ofcourse! Usefull rewards gained by spending your time in a fun way to distract you from grinding. Therefor I chose not to do this. Just like I have never done Fist of Guthix. I have enough distractions.

If I ever go fishing, say.. I set a goal like 85 fishing.. then I will do this. It will be useful, it will refresh my brain from staring at a fishing spot. For most people fishing is fun (for those that do it) After a while (say an hour) the fun starts to wear off. Then this fishing contest is ideal :D

For those whiners (yes I said it!!!!) saying it isn't what they wanted. Though break on you. It is optional! In my personal opinion (which I stated above also) you don't have to do this. The rewards are to be lived without with. Getting a bit of extra bank/inventory space which is also a little clumsy.. o well. If you are looking for the highest content only (70+) then you're just going to have to hold on. New skill coming up, Fairy part 3 in the pipeline, new strange power in the pipeline. Plenty of things to come by.

PS: If you are a high level and you whine, make sure you've completed the elite ardougne Diary. If you've done that and at least half the champion scrolls, then you can whine :P (for those who can, feel free)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Guys, I am not even going to consider doing this D&D. If I open the activity page at the moment.. THERE ARE JUST TO MANY THINGS TO DO!!!! that act purely as a distraction. You do get a reward for these and they are optional ofcourse! Usefull rewards gained by spending your time in a fun way to distract you from grinding. Therefor I chose not to do this. Just like I have never done Fist of Guthix. I have enough distractions.

If I ever go fishing, say.. I set a goal like 85 fishing.. then I will do this. It will be useful, it will refresh my brain from staring at a fishing spot. For most people fishing is fun (for those that do it) After a while (say an hour) the fun starts to wear off. Then this fishing contest is ideal :D

For those whiners (yes I said it!!!!) saying it isn't what they wanted. Though break on you. It is optional! In my personal opinion (which I stated above also) you don't have to do this. The rewards are to be lived without with. Getting a bit of extra bank/inventory space which is also a little clumsy.. o well. If you are looking for the highest content only (70+) then you're just going to have to hold on. New skill coming up, Fairy part 3 in the pipeline, new strange power in the pipeline. Plenty of things to come by.

PS: If you are a high level and you whine, make sure you've completed the elite ardougne Diary. If you've done that and at least half the champion scrolls, then you can whine :P (for those who can, feel free)

Yes, I'm a whiner because it's not what I wanted. Not like I have an opinion about what I was hoping for and didn't get and simply said so. I'm clearly a whiner. I'm just as tired of people like you who tear people down simply because they don't like an update and completely ignoring their reasons. You just want to call everyone a "whiner: because then you can dismiss anything they might have to say that is contradictory to your own opinion because they're a "whiner."

For this one, today is my last day of membership and I was hoping for something more to do with my last two days. I never said the update was bad, but not what I wanted for this particular week. So I was disppointed, not in the update, but in general.

Oh, and FT3 is hardly in the pipeline. It's get another graphical rework. It's release date is now somewhat scheduled for august 31st, 2012.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The Champions' Challenge isnt exactly high level content =/

Yeah it's not and it's not something all people will do, because it's not really engaging content its mind numbing killing of monsters that have no advantage of killing them unless you get one from slaying by some odd chance.

I can whine all I like though I pay my membership fee and I'm entitled to my opinion, I didn't realise there was a requirement to whine!

Thank you.

Yeah it's not and it's not something all people will do, because it's not really engaging content its mind numbing killing of monsters that have no advantage of killing them unless you get one from slaying by some odd chance.

I can whine all I like though I pay my membership fee and I'm entitled to my opinion, I didn't realise there was a requirement to whine!

Thank you.

Please, let me show you the way to the RuneScape Official Forum, where many like-minded players would love to join you in your cause.

You know you belong here.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

There's one part that annoys me a little about all these d&d's. It's that they amazingly good xp compared to the input needed. Stars can only be done once a day, but are the best mining xp while you do them, about the same for trees, penguins, no doubt. Shattered heart, more or less. Tears of Guthix; a lot of xp compared to the two minutes or so you spend on it.

Getting quite a lot of xp in a little time isn't bad for me, but the time restrictions annoy me. Although they are absolutely needed, to hinder the content to become overpowered, I feel like it's forcing me to do it. Every day, there's trees, stars, b-staffs, mtk, other stuff to buy, now this fishing stuff, and every week there's a lot more. I'm not doing all of these atm, because I usually don't have the time to do them all. But when I don't do them, I feel like I'm missing out on xp that I would get in a faster rate, than just training it normally.

But when that is said, I do love these as well. It's just that there are so many of them now.

Scherzo.png

Thank you.

Please, let me show you the way to the RuneScape Official Forum, where many like-minded players would love to join you in your cause.

There's areas of RSOF which excel parts of these, areas such as the maxed players area has good information bring up nice training tips, current issues debates and quite a few suggestions actually make it through to game content with some adjustments ;)

Getting quite a lot of xp in a little time isn't bad for me, but the time restrictions annoy me. Although they are absolutely needed, to hinder the content to become overpowered, I feel like it's forcing me to do it. Every day, there's trees, stars, b-staffs, mtk, other stuff to buy, now this fishing stuff, and every week there's a lot more. I'm not doing all of these atm, because I usually don't have the time to do them all. But when I don't do them, I feel like I'm missing out on xp that I would get in a faster rate, than just training it normally.

But when that is said, I do love these as well. It's just that there are so many of them now.

I know exactly how you feel. These dailies are becoming more of a chore than a distraction :/

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

@Blood Pact ranting:

Aww, you can't just enjoy the quest because low levels can do it too?

It was a crappy quest anyway. It had next to no story, no plot and hardly a cliffhanger. Why call it a quest if it's just a combat tutorial. And I bet I'm not the only one who expected more from the 300QP mark than a tutorial and an ugly helmet.

I said some stuff far more valid than that one quoted point but anyway...

How exactly is having a cliffhanger good? I was quite pleased that this particular quest had everything accomplished, and the guy referenced (Dragith Nurr?) actually appeared after the quest, rather than us having to wait months or years (not that we really would for a low level quest like this, but take Rag and Bone Man for example!)...

**Logging on now to see the new Fishing Guild!

2dgucz6.png

Thank you.

There's a huge difference between most of the posters here and the ones on the RSOF, and you know that. You seem to have some sort of strange vendetta against anyone who dislikes or disagrees with anything that Jagex does or releases. There's a certain irony in your directing an intelligent poster and maxed player like Smellysocks to the RSOF. What have you contributed to this thread besides your petty attempts at belittlement?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Best way for medals is to do all 6 fish varieties, working in a team is very helpful for this. This way will earn you 2 medals a game and you can camp at the heaviest fish afterwards to boost your score, I have come in the top 4 everytime that I do all 6 fish. If you aren't up to doing all 6 fish and would rather camp one spot then you are looking at 1.17 medals per game (on average). This is because you will earn 1 medal for having an average rating of over 80% and you will have a 1/6 chance (16.67%) at randomly getting the heaviest fish (which would award you with the 80% of total fish from the heaviest variety). This minigame is really all about the medals seeing as tokens come in very quick. In the future I see it possible to get all 4 medals (or atleast 3) as long as you can get a decent sized team going, as I will explain below.

With say an 8 man team you can all split up and send 2 people to each spot, they will find the 100% at each spot and with any luck all 6 fish would be found right away, otherwise you could just all work together to find where the last 2 fish are. One person will have to identify the heaviest fish quite quickly (this is the reason you may only get 3 medals, assuming you choose the wrong one). You will get 100% on the other 5 fish you are missing without error (keeping your average rating over 80%) and then go camp the heaviest fish hoping that overall you will get 80% of your total catch at the heaviest fish. In this way you would be set up for all 4 medals, 15k+ weight and heaviest fish caught most likely.

This is just my strat, and I get top 5, if not top 3, every game.

Zerg docks, start fishing. Once you find 100%, go read the forums, watch TV, or actually pay attention to the game.

This will not give you as much medals, but it'll still give you other stuff.

This is just my strat, and I get top 5, if not top 3, every game.

Zerg docks, start fishing. Once you find 100%, go read the forums, watch TV, or actually pay attention to the game.

This will not give you as much medals, but it'll still give you other stuff.

Haha, "Zerg docks." I lol'd.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.