Mod Mark H reveal RuneFest item 2010

_YB_

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but if you "need" this banner, then you're playing RuneScape for the wrong reasons.

You pretty much summed it up.

Theres a difference between needing and wanting. ;)

Got my dad in on buying 2 tickets. Now we just have to find out where in London it is and how much any additional costs will be.

I'm sorry, but if you "need" this banner, then you're playing RuneScape for the wrong reasons.

You obviously didn't read enough of the posts then.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Got my dad in on buying 2 tickets. Now we just have to find out where in London it is and how much any additional costs will be.

Share me the other code :mrgreen:

Not sure if I get 2, still waiting on them. :P

You will get 2 codes, it's 1 per ticket.

I see that some of you think there are too many personal attacks in this topic. If you see any personal attacks, feel free to report them. A Moderator/Super Moderator/Admin will then look at the post(s) and deal with it/tem if necessary and as soon as possible.

However, the definition of personal attack, is not that a reply starts with another user's name or that it's critical.

If you dish it out, you have to expect a little colour back. ;)

Laikrob,

Tip.It Administrator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Ugh. Really guys? This isn't a huge deal. It's not like people are actually going to carry it around every second of their life. It's not like it will cause even a slight difference in the game play. You want one so bad? Get a ticket and stop complaining. If Jagex wants to thank the players that will be attending something important for them, let them do it and stop complaining about it.

Trapt45.png

I'd love you forever :P

I, like many in the runescape community am a completionist. What may seem like nothing to you is something to us. I cannot have a zamorak body and platelegs without having the kite and shield; that's how I am, and so many are which is why you see so much backlash.

---

You find fun in playing such a pointless game that's all about grinding and grinding... I find it fun to complete everything. There's nothing wrong with that,

I, like many in the runescape community am a completionist. What may seem like nothing to you is something to us. I cannot have a zamorak body and platelegs without having the kite and shield; that's how I am, and so many are which is why you see so much backlash.

---

You find fun in playing such a pointless game that's all about grinding and grinding... I find it fun to complete everything. There's nothing wrong with that,

Your bank space wont let you complete everything, so as you've failed already its not a big deal you don't have the flagstaff.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I disagree with anyone who thinks this is the slightest bit fair. If you're not born in the land of Jagex, look at it from our perspectives. Honestly, do you really think it's fair for people from across the world to pay thousand/s for a plane ticket to get a holiday/event item? I don't think so. It's not only unfair, but it's also a contradiction to their own rules - by paying for a real life item in exchange for an in-game item. I don't know about you, but Jagex has let me down on this matter.

2vuhgcn.png

I live in california, with the exception of Hawaii, Alaska or Australia im probably one of the geographically farthest away from Britain and least able to get there for a meet up. I still find them adding an item for the people who do go to be fair.

Actually more than half of the locations on earth are further away.

And about the item I don't really care, it's just a fun thing to show that you were at the event. I everyone could obtain one it would lose its purpose.

namnlskopia.jpg

I think it's fair. We'll see if this topic gets made again next year when they do RuneFest 2011 in the USA.

Im betting yes. :P

Think Jagex are on holiday, havent gotten any code and its been over 24 hours.

Probably because of the bank holiday, which means no update tomorrow. :(

I'm not sure there would be another series of whining about it really if they did it in the US next year, but that's just my opinion.

But yeah, it's a small untradable item, why are people SO worked up about it? If it was like a bloody Godsword I'd understand, but it's not. It's a little banner or flag or whatever you want to call it. It is unbelievably insignificant!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm not sure there would be another series of whining about it really if they did it in the US next year, but that's just my opinion.

But yeah, it's a small untradable item, why are people SO worked up about it? If it was like a bloody Godsword I'd understand, but it's not. It's a little banner or flag or whatever you want to call it. It is unbelievably insignificant!

Read this, it sums it up nicely. ;)

---

Personally I wouldn't wanna be seen with that flag. Anyone seen with it is going to be made fun of for spending hundreds of dollars, or even going to the event at ALL.

But yeah, it's a small untradable item, why are people SO worked up about it?

It's not about the item, it is about how Jagex has made it available, the divisiveness it is creating, and the inherent contradition of their own oft-stated opposition to allowing real-world considerations to affect items you get in game.

There are principles involved here. You either get that, in which case you inherently understand the opposition; or you don't, in which case you think people are getting "worked up" about an item, when that's not what they're worked up about at all.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Also, whats the real issue here, im willing to bet most of the people complaining would say its fair if Jagex hosted the event near their home.

As it stands, I wouldn't attend if they held it within walking distance (not that they would - I live in the boonies).

As people keep going back to the "insignificant item" fallacy (staff members again, I note) - I must point out - it's the principal of in-game rewards for real world cash that is offensive.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Also, whats the real issue here, im willing to bet most of the people complaining would say its fair if Jagex hosted the event near their home.

As it stands, I wouldn't attend if they held it within walking distance (not that they would - I live in the boonies).

As people keep going back to the "insignificant item" fallacy (staff members again, I note) - I must point out - it's the principal of in-game rewards for real world cash that is offensive.

Yes indeed... i live a short plane journey away and have plenty of time and money to attend the event, but i have no intention of going and would feel embarrassed to prance around in the game with the banner if i did have one

What i - and many other people - object to is that Jagex has made it so that real life money buys an ingame item

rsbotsonline.png

But yeah, it's a small untradable item, why are people SO worked up about it?

It's not about the item, it is about how Jagex has made it available, the divisiveness it is creating, and the inherent contradition of their own oft-stated opposition to allowing real-world considerations to affect items you get in game.

There are principles involved here. You either get that, in which case you inherently understand the opposition; or you don't, in which case you think people are getting "worked up" about an item, when that's not what they're worked up about at all.

It's an item to say that you were there­...

Noone 2will find it cool a year from now, noone will even think about it...

About those collector people: I don't care. Too bad, you were not there.

What a bunch of whiners.... Jagex organises an event that seems awesome, and obviously had to choose 1 location on earth to organise it. I'm in Canada, so I'm not going there, but I hope there are gonna be others in North America, and then everyone will have the opportunity to get one, the year telling where and when you went there.

Remember: IT HAS NO USE. If they got one-handed godswords, I'd understand the crying, but that's just silly.

WarBlastoise.png

I have only read up to page 3 on this subject but feel I have to reply.

I live in England and have bought my ticket and now have my banner.

I can weild my banner or plant it in almost any place i choose. If I weild it it is just like a banner from poh or from doing one of the challenges. If I plant it it is one big advertisement for the runefest.

Yes I live in England and am able to go but it will cost me travel expenses to get there and also overnight accommodation. Maybe my train ticket is not quite as much as travelling from America or Australia but it is still extra on top of the price of the ticket.

Please remember that Jagex said that if this was a success they would consider taking it across the pond. So we in England are being used as experimental dummies. The event when they bring it over to America I can assure you will be bigger and better than the English one.

As someone in an earlier post said, if they give the flagstaf of festivities to everyone perhaps they can give the bunny ears or the rubber chicken to everyone too.

It could be worth pointing out that when all is said and done Runescape is only a game. When you play bingo do you always expect to walk away with the big prize.

It's an item to say that you were there­...

No, it's an item to say you had $125 to blow. Whether you are there or not is immaterial: send them the money, they give you the item.

What a bunch of whiners....

Expressing concerns or issues about something is not inherently whining, when those concerns are expressed in a rational and reasonable manner.

Again, it is not about the specific item, it is about the principles involved. I personally not only don't want one of these, I don't usually even do holiday events. I just think this was a very bad idea because of what it is doing to the community, and the "do as I say, not as I do" message it sends.

Remember: IT HAS NO USE.

Then why can't everyone have it?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png