Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Dragon Defender = more gf towards CLS and update for damage reduction above 200 = even more gf towards CLS. :D

it has already been shown that CLS is the middle between rapier and maul for safe pvp, even accounting for d-defender and damage reduction update.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Dragon Defender = more gf towards CLS and update for damage reduction above 200 = even more gf towards CLS. :D

it has already been shown that CLS is the middle between rapier and maul for safe pvp, even accounting for d-defender and damage reduction update.

hmm this remonds me of the god books (only the first 3)

everyone wants the one based around damage.

no one wants the one in the middile.

most people want the one based around defence.

(althoigh the damage and defence ones kinda swap a bit for chaotic)

but anyway, knowing how much maths people throw in to this thread,

how much of a difrence would ddef make?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

If people still haven't figured out where Chaotic Longsword is best and where Chaotic Rapier are best then I don't think they ever will.

Fix'd

Oh, and how does Dragon defender affect things? Does is make Rapier superior to Chaotic Longsword now?

If people still haven't figured out where Chaotic Longsword is best and where Chaotic Rapier are best then I don't think they ever will.

Fix'd

Oh, and how does Dragon defender affect things? Does is make Rapier superior to Chaotic Longsword now?

Rapier was always better then cls when wearing a rune defender I'm pretty sure, so dragon defender just widens that gap. CLS is still only good for a couple very high defense situations in which you have to wear a shield rather than a defender.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

When taking a look at the dragon defender's stats, you can see there are way more melee-based attack bonuses added rather than strength (only 1 here). This makes the rapier's inaccuracy less visable. The strength bonus doesn't really change that much. As the dragon defender has better stats than the rune one, speed becomes more important when using it which makes rapier better than chaotic longsword (speed on its own).

Fix'd

Rapier was always better then cls when wearing a rune defender I'm pretty sure, so dragon defender just widens that gap. CLS is still only good for a couple very high defense situations in which you have to wear a shield rather than a defender.

while this is more or less true, cls dps can indeed be higher in important scenarios (safe pvp melee) even with dragon defender.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Damage reduction for hits over 200? Am I out of the loop?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Damage reduction for hits over 200? Am I out of the loop?

Please read the updates, specifically the bts for December.

You'll get the tooth for your loop.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

The rapier is definitely the best weapon for general use. CLS and CM are more niche weapons, IMO. I'm going with the rapier because it's definitely the best weapon for my purposes, which is slayer, safe PVP, and a little boss hunting.

Based on what friends have told me, wouldn't the CLS be better in any PvP situation?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

The rapier is definitely the best weapon for general use. CLS and CM are more niche weapons, IMO. I'm going with the rapier because it's definitely the best weapon for my purposes, which is slayer, safe PVP, and a little boss hunting.

Based on what friends have told me, wouldn't the CLS be better in any PvP situation?

This could change with the armor soaking update, if it's significant then faster and lower hits will be more effective than slow and large hits. Either way you'll get more uses out of rapier in general even if it's not the best in safe pvp, if that's your priority then get cmaul.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

This topic made my decision ages ago..

Ofc I pick rapier.

Faster weapons will own even more with the defence update, that's obvious. But we don't know if monsters will get soak... Probably and hopefully no.

Chaotic rapier is also good at hit an running dragons.

Just use pray, you say?

What about frostdrags? U can pray Mage and drink anti.. While taking no dmg and still attacking with full speed.

Where as with longsword, u can't.

my friends told me law staff is the best. because they say it is best does not make it so.

my friends told me law staff is the best. because they say it is best does not make it so.

my friend losing games bought 10 law staffs because he made a thread once and you told him to

best decision he ever made :]

Also lol at amitoz quoting a post I made six months ago. Rapier is still best for me, though.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

cls is the middle ground between maul and rapier for safe melée pvp

before the soak update cls was slightly better than rapier. after the update it will be worse than rapier. this was shown already

sigcopyaf.png

You don't have any real friends then.

Amitoz.png

oh snap bladewing, you should go cry in a corner.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

+1.

Amitoz.png

So rapier is now definitively better DPS/KO potential than CLS when pitted against melee/mage armor (stuff with significant melee soak)?

Lol CLS is running out of reasons to exist.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So rapier is now definitively better DPS/KO potential than CLS when pitted against melee/mage armor (stuff with significant melee soak)?

Lol CLS is running out of reasons to exist.

the important value is ~20%; above 20% soak, rapier is almost definitively better than CLS; below 20%, CLS is slightly better

sigcopyaf.png

+1.

Sarcasm

And I agree with blade that general advice from random rs friends are rubbish; they're fun to talk to but they're complete rubes when it comes to what's best

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

+1.

Sarcasm

And I agree with blade that general advice from random rs friends are rubbish; they're fun to talk to but they're complete rubes when it comes to what's best

+2, although its funny coming from someone's whose siggy shows her slaying in a DFS :P

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]