07-Dec-2010 - Warriors� Guild and Dragon Defender

Michael

Is it just me that thinks its weird that the requirements for Defender are 50 Attack and 50 Defence to wield? Shouldn't they both be 60?

I think it's still 60 and the KB is just wrong again.

Anyway, tried for a bit since I'd heard in my clan that they were instanced, but oh well. :/ I'll just get at the weekend/next week sometime.

On another note, I'm getting pretty sick of people saying "0mfg botters." Clicking faster than you doesn't necessarily mean someone's botting, it could mean faster connection or just faster reactions. I was standing at the wall and spam clicking at one point since I'd read the tip on RSOF and got a good few kills. (No defender though :()

Yeah, everyone around me were apparently botters because no human could click that fast. I thought bots were generaly slower at everything compared to a player that knows what to do.

I got in most of my kills by spam-clicking. Got defender at 11 or so kills.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found an excellent spot and camera angle, found a good world with a great ping and I was sat happily racking up the kills and getting called a bot/nerd or whatever. Got a Dragon defender around 30-40 kills. Currently at about 60 kills so far, I will eventually get my placeholder.

I'm very happy to finally have a Dragon Defender but I am very underwhelmed in the way it was released, the Warriors Guild didn't get a very good revamp.

+6 Strength Bonus meh

Once again Jagex sucks up to Dragonfire Shields, just like when they removed the +7 Strength bonus from the chaotic kiteshield.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Disappointing update in every way really. This still doesn't make warriors guild useful in any way and what they basically did was add one new monster and two more items, all in a days work. They must be rolling under their tables laughing at the people fighting to get a chance to kill a cyclops every 10 minutes- and it's not as though this wasn't predictable- i was there for the initial update when people needed to get 7 defenders and it was a crazyhouse back then...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I went in to try (on dialup as well, I'll note). Got a number of normal cyclopes kills, 1-2 cyclossus attempts (each time I got stunned and then kill-stealed due to my own fail).

Better off waiting on my end, honestly. I may have enough tokens to sit in there and try for a few hours, but right now, it's just too laggy and busy for me :P

Grats to those who have gotten one or two, though. Hopefully it'll have died down a bit by this evening/tomorrow morning so I can try again. Otherwise, I'll just go do other stuff till it does.

Link_Olaran.png

Jagex failed by making the helm tradeable. Now you got all the merch's sticking around after they get there defenders simply because they have a new item to hoard now.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You can't hoard a common drop.

You can if you have them camping cyclopse spots. On 112 right now there are 4 cycplose spots that are taken up by ppl who already have d def and helm. And they are getting almost every kill.

michel555555.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You can if you have them camping cyclopse spots. On 112 right now there are 4 cycplose spots that are taken up by ppl who already have d def and helm. And they are getting almost every kill.

No. I got 2 just messing around getting a defender. They're EXTREMELY easy to come by, and will crash the moment that place stops being ultra crowded.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

No. I got 2 just messing around getting a defender. They're EXTREMELY easy to come by, and will crash the moment that place stops being ultra crowded.

Which would happen sooner if the helm wasn't tradeable and their wasn't the effect of a new item entering the market and most people then wouldn't stick around for multiple helms.

michel555555.png

There. Finally got one.

Managed to set myself up at one spawn. Took me about 50 kills to get it. Got about 20 kills in a row at the end. A lot of rage was directed toward me - but hey, I'm really fast at clicking.

Got a mask too, but didn't really want it.

Which would happen sooner if the helm wasn't tradeable and their wasn't the effect of a new item entering the market and most people then wouldn't stick around for multiple helms.

Only the most gigantic morons are going to hoard these assuming they'll rise.

It's not going to be the big deal you're making it sound like.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Only the most gigantic morons are going to hoard these assuming they'll rise.

It's not going to be the big deal you're making it sound like.

Yes it is idiotic, but some people are trying to get as many helms as they can. The helms wil crash but it will take a while and before then its going to be an even greater pain for people trying to get the defender.

michel555555.png

What do helms even have to do with it?

They're going to crash like... tomorrow.

Just causes more overcrowding now, it'll cause nothing in the long term but annoying in the very, very short term.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You can really easily steal a cyclosus. That's [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed]ed.

0/10 for this piece of [cabbage] update. :angry:

Other then having a better defender...100% agree.

I give this update a 2/10

The 2 only being for the new defender.

The implementation of it was horrible

The Cyclosus should be player chosen...if they makes anyway sense...kind of like those treasure trail mages, where only one person can fight them.

There weren't any additions to the guild...the only change is the way tokens work.

The mask does nothing (as far as I know so far)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Man, everyone is so friendly in the Warriors Guild! Offering trades, saying compliments about my clicking speed with phrases like "auto-clicker!", even giving me free teleports to falador! Too bad I was busy fighting a cyclossus and wasn't able to thank that man.

Got my dragon defender after about 20 kills, so glad I can leave that disgusting place.