What do you want from 2011?

Grimy_Bunyip

In 2009, Jagex announced in the 2009 BTS that it would be the year of the upgrade.

We saw changes to our magic interface, dungeon updates, and graphics upgrades.

And along the end of the 2009 and early 2010, we saw numerous upgrades to skills.

Starting with the upgraded agility courses

Moving onto ancient curses, extreme potions, living rocks, lumberyard/ivies, Surge spells, Kuradal's Dungeon, etc.

By 2010, Jagex abandonned and later readopted the BTS. So we did not get a 2010 BTS.

But perhaps we will get a 2011 BTS this year as it has been readopted.

Jagex continued their upgrade/skill change theme to a lesser extent, following up with herblore habitat, make-x changes, and login lobby changes, and multiple runecrafting.

However, 2010 opened up relatively early in the year with the dungeoneering skill in April, which has dominated the attention of many of the more hardcore audience.

With the release of the final warped floors late in 2010, it seems like there is not much left for dungeoneering the skill.

What do you think will be the running theme in 2010? and what do you want it to be?

Perhaps a year of the quest?

We have many epic story lines impending.

The finale of mysteries of the mahjarrat.

The chaos elemental has predicted the red axe sequel, as well as a dragon-kin related quest.

And of course the dungeoneering finale.

And the signature hero quests, which were announced last june 2010, have yet to make an appearance in any quests other than the low level "blood pact" quest.

Or perhaps the tools for clans announcement will usher in a year of greater community focus, following numerous community events this year such as zombie clan wars.

Obviously as players, there's only so much we can say.

But lets hear it anyways.

PS. I stole this topic idea from Squisher.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

120 Skills pl0x and solution to botting and the GE.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

The smithing update they said was coming a long time ago would be nice and Mourning's End Part 3 (I wish).

Oh I'd also like to know where the King of Falador is.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Personally, I want these in any order:

Zaros to be brought back fully and implemented into the game with quests and a new minigame Castle Wars 2 (oh yeah, it's coming!).

Constitution to max level 120.

80 Defence armours.

90 Attack weapons.

90 Ranged weapons.

Additional Lunar spells.

Easier kingdom management.

Quicker fishing xp (it's the slowest xp in game, possibly Fishing gild expansion?)

Quests to actually end and not lead onto another one, maybe go through all the quests and make most of them end unless there really is any point making one that carries on from it.

Customisable clan-chat/clan friends.

Enchantable armours (eg; sapphire = more magic boost, emerald = more defence boost, ruby = more strength boost, diamond = bit of everything, dragonstone = same as diamond only stronger, onyx = same as dragonstone only stronger).

All of that would make me very happy.

Enchantable armours (eg; sapphire = more magic boost, emerald = more defence boost, ruby = more strength boost, diamond = bit of everything, dragonstone = same as diamond only stronger, onyx = same as dragonstone only stronger).

Great idea.

The year of downgrade. So they can look back at previous updates and make them work(and yes, i'm going by the logic that if upgrading makes things worse, downgrading should...).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I just wish they'd think things through for once, and consider that the game is going to be stuck with the hard (as in, permanent) content they've put in for longer than five minutes, so they should stop trying to focus really hard on holiday events with fancy art that will only be seen for a couple of weeks and then buried forever unless you make the decision to reuse it a couple years later (which requires a graphical retool ANYWAY), and perhaps do something like, say, clean up the cyclops graphics before you release the cyclops update.

Seriously, it's like they've got everything backwards. People don't even stick around in the event area long enough to appreciate all of the great artwork or are able to due to the fact that the area is neckdeep in idiots, but on the other hand places you spend hours at grinding away or hunting look really generic and bare.

Back on the "longer than five minutes" tack, there is also the concern that the content that you're making is actually useful. Will people stick around for a day? A week? Will this be the cornerstone for training a skill or just something somebody would do for fun? Is this actually fun? If it's not, is there a reason for them to be here anyway? Is this reason an actually good reason that you, as a player, would see yourself being here for, or is it a contrived reason that doesn't hold up to further scrutiny? I think somewhere along the line, people were not honest to themselves or glossed over this point, and the end result is lots of stuff that nobody actually uses beyond the first time it is experienced. Later on, they "rework" the area to appeal to updated tastes, but end up slapping a "quick fix" which works in the wrong direction and doesn't actually address the issue, which then may lead to the worse problem of forcing people to deal with the unsolved problem to gain the rewards of your so called solution.

A quick way to judge how this would work is to take two hypothetical players and work your way through the content, one being extremely dumb and unable to grasp the situation without handholding, and one which will be analyzing every single aspect of your update and will immediately dump it if they don't find anything useful there. Actually, the dumb one will probably dump it too, if they think it's too tedious. If you don't see either of them returning later on, it's gonna be dicey for your project.

While there are balancing issues and other technical problems to deal with, at the end of the day, if you don't see your efforts improving the experience beyond a superficial glossiness of new content, you may have to review the purpose and function of what you're making.

8f14270694.jpg

Necromancy (2nd .. summoning .. book?)

Shapeshifting (... a branch of magic and/or summoning ?)

Elemental attacks (atm there is little to no difference if you attack with water or earth magic except .. the little damage difference)

Better fishing xp/h rates (it's effin slow)

Completing the diary set

One of the above ^

Abyssal Queen

Requires: 99 Slayer

Location: South of the Abyssal plane. You would need to squeeze through the fissure in the southern wall to enter the Abyssal Queen's territory.

Examine: The harbinger of destruction

If you can imagine, the Abyssal queen would roughly look like this. The head would have the same features of the current abyssal demon (eyes, mouth, colour etc.), but the shape of its head would be that of the alien from the alien vs. predator movie trilogy - elongated and extremely intimidating. Finally, the body would have the structure and look of the ant, only the back would be MUCH larger, sort of like the red back spider - only burgandy, and with a black stripe instead.

At half health she would call upon her 3 Abyssal minions. These would be the Abyssal myriad, Abyssal legion, and Abyssal Sentinel. These creatures would detach themselves from the Abyssal Queen's shell on her back (sort of like in 'the mummy' movie where the skeletons come to life from off the walls) and would immediately become aggressive towards the nearby player/s. These Abyssal minions would need to be killed before attacking the Queen again. Failure to do so would cause her to rapidly gain health.

Unique drops could be: Abyssal whip (of course), Harbinger hounskull (helmet), Harbinger plackart (platebody), Harbinger Cuisse (legs), Harbinger Gauntlets (gloves), Harbinger Sabatons (boots)

The 3 minions could drop harbinger armour too, though it would be extremely rare.

Edit: here is a concept I worked on using SPORE. It's not quite realistic or how I imagine it to be fully, but it is a rough idea. The head I imagine would be longer than this, and the body, much bigger. It should have its legs much higher and have spikes at the joints, but spore has its limitations o_O either way this should give you guys a general idea of what it would look like, hope you like it :D

abyssalqueen.gif

Dragon kiteshield

I think this will come out in 2011. I truly hope there will be ornament kits for it too, though it's probably doubtful :-/

Smithing update

Like others have suggested, I wish there was some sort of way to add augmented gems to armour - which could give amazing benefits, such as increased max health, chances of hitting 1 speed notch faster etc. though we can only wait and see what Jagex has in store for us on this update

Shapeshifting skill

Gain timed 'totem' abilities and recharge your Shapeshifting points at any gorilla statue/totem pole in Runescape. I would LOVE to see this skill in RS. We already have gorilla statues and totem poles littered around Runescape. It could work like Summoning. You would create the creature's 'totem' to use whenever you want. When you decide to use the totem, it would shatter and you would be under the effects of that creature. The effects could be like the juju potions. For a mining totem, you could be under the effects of the 'stone spirit' - with a greater chance of banking ores whilst you mine. There is so much potential with this skill, and I personally would aim for 200M xp just thinking of what it could be like if it was added to RS.

Master skillcapes

For any skills that you have 104,273,166 XP in, you could purchase a blank master skillcape for 120k coins from the rewards trader in Daemonheim, and show it to the master of the skill you have level 120 in (XP wise) to retrieve the master skillcape for that skill. There was a poll on whether or not there should be master skillcapes for all skills, and surprisingly it was almost split right down the middle of yes/no votes 50/50, so they are wanted by many people!

Skill specific dungeons

Outside dungeons for ALL skills! With this update there would be a dungeon for each and every skill. Can't seem to kill Night-gazer Khighorahk with your 1 attack and strength? No worries! With a firemaking dungeon you could use your handy tinderbox and fire up some flame traps to kill it instead! Think herbs, potions and seeds can't kill a boss? Think again! Grow deadly vines and make exploding potions to obliterate the end room boss! After the boss is killed a reward chest would appear (just like barrows!).

Each dungeon would use only 1 skill (unless melee/range/mage combat is required with skills like Summoning + Slayer). The slayer dungeon would have slayer monsters and certain tools needed to defeat any monsters. At the end of each dungeon there would be a boss you need to defeat. After this has been completed, you will see the reward chest, and gain a certain amount of dungeoneering xp as well as a few items. These could include:

Skill tomes - specific to each dungeon. I.E. if you're in a firemaking dungeon, you may receive a firemaking tome. If you are in a slayer dungeon, you may receive a slayer tome, a farming tome for a farming dungeon etc. These tomes reward you with xp depending on the difficulty you chose for the dungeon, how many monsters you killed/puzzles you unlocked using your one skill etc. :-)

Skill specific item rewards I.E.

herblore dungeon = herbs/2nd ingredients/potions

slayer dungeon = small chance of a rare item from a random slayer monster that you can kill. I.E. if you have 85 slayer at the time that you complete the dungeon, there is a small chance you could receive an abyssal whip (and I do mean a SMALL chance!) other rewards could include noted pure essence, runes, noted food etc.

firemaking = logs of all types, higher logs being rewarded for a greater difficulty

You would be able to bind items in these skill-specific dungeons, however these binds would be seperate to those in Daemonheim dungeons. So for the firemaking dungeon, you could bind a rune tinderbox (highest tier), which would give you the ability to burn logs twice as fast, set up flame traps much faster, and kill the boss with ease!

Ancient scroll rewards - after a dungeon is complete, you would have a chance of being rewarded with an ancient scroll. These would contain secrets towards the skill you used for the dungeon. I.E. for the slayer dungeon, you might come across a scroll which teaches you how to favour a task, giving you the chance of obtaining a certain task more often. You may also come across a scroll which gives you access to a new area full of Abyssal demons even! Once the secret is learnt, any repetitive scrolls found would give dungeoneering xp instead.

There is much more but that's the basic idea for skill specific dungeons :-)

2vuhgcn.png

Gain timed 'totem' abilities and recharge your Shapeshifting points at any gorilla statue/totem pole in Runescape. I would LOVE to see this skill in RS. We already have gorilla statues and totem poles littered around Runescape. It could work like Summoning. You would create the creature's 'totem' to use whenever you want. When you decide to use the totem, it would shatter and you would be under the effects of that creature. The effects could be like the juju potions. For a mining totem, you could be under the effects of the 'stone spirit' - with a greater chance of banking ores whilst you mine. There is so much potential with this skill, and I personally would aim for 200M xp just thinking of what it could be like if it was added to RS.

It could be done with potions as well (goblin reminder :P)

Wolf clothing + some enchanting = werewolf

A ritual dance ?

Absorbing power (for elementals)

They can implement ... a lot of techniques for the different transformations.

Like every year since 2008:

ge removed, wildernes return

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I would like Dungeoneering to have more training spots. A few ideas for this could be...

Small dungeon "shortcuts" like the one under white wolf mountain (unlocked after fishing contest) but you need to grind your way though instead of simply walking it. Very much like in Daemonheim with the skill doors.

This could be like the resource dungeons but instead of it being a dead end, there is an opening at the other end that you can get though.

E.g. 1, Going from one side of the water to the other, instead of chartering a ship you can attempt to Dung it across, it will take longer but be more fun.

E.g. 2, Having more areas like the Stronghold of Security/Player safety but have Dung integrated with it so say in the desert there is a Dung that goes down in floors in a similar fashion to the original, but it is themed with differnt stuff, like a pyramid. Just expanding the skill will make it seem less like a glorified mini-game.

I would also like to see some nice updates to woodcutting, they had some cool ideas with the canoes a while back. Maybe add some more things that can be done with the logs, more decorative armour? Magic log legs? lol

user1-dark.png

Smithing update is the most needed thing in my opinion. There are other smaller fixes that could be done but this would allow so much.

Smithing could allow high level smithing to lets say modify rune to be untradeable, have 80 defense requirement, and give higher damage reduction or a strength bonus or reflected damage or whatever.

It could also tie into a high level weapons update.

Apart from this possible tri-skill update... an update to constitution to allow for more then 99 would be amazing.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

more bosses, grandmaster quests like rotm5, and the dung finale

This plus high-level, untradable updates for most production skills. I'd also like them to spend some time rethinking some of their more WTF updates.

Oh, and if they could fix the KB, that'd be nice, but that's asking for way too much.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Maybe a couple of quests and a new boss monster. Honestly, I feel like RS doesn't need that much new content, it's already got a lot. And every time they do make new content, if it isn't better than the previous stuff people complain about worthless rewards and if it is better than people complain about it being overpowered. Blah. So a few cool quests and a really hard boss monster that makes the GWD bosses look weak. Haha.

vettro.png