What do you want from 2011?

Grimy_Bunyip

even back in the "golden age" people said runescape sucks now.

Yeah, well when things are bad people always say "things couldn't possibly get any worse". Then the universe takes them up on that bet, and things DO get worse.

Just kidding. But yeah, there will always be people who aren't satisfied. And there will always be people who are NEVER satisfied. That, and Runescape has for some reason become the butt monkey of MMOs. Despite the fact that there are MUCH worse MMOs out there. Better graphics usually, but less grindy? Hell no. Even quests are usually just grind sessions in games like that. Go kill 20 goblins or whatever... -.-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh this is kind of a patchwork broken game all around, it would take an rs3 update to fix all the problems.

Not really. On the most part, it works fine. The days of updates big enough to redefine the game are long gone, because the game is far bigger than any update Jagex can muster without being tempted to releasing it in parts.

Also, I like the idea of cleanup year, filling up the empty spaces in content, and tidying up every interface to be elegant and efficient (as well as standardised! The huge variety of older and newer windows makes them very unintuitive). Also, more clothes and character personalisation. That was probably the most widely supported update I've ever seen, and I'm keen to see more.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Uh this is kind of a patchwork broken game all around, it would take an rs3 update to fix all the problems.

Not really. On the most part, it works fine. The days of updates big enough to redefine the game are long gone, because the game is far bigger than any update Jagex can muster without being tempted to releasing it in parts.

Also, I like the idea of cleanup year, filling up the empty spaces in content, and tidying up every interface to be elegant and efficient (as well as standardised! The huge variety of older and newer windows makes them very unintuitive). Also, more clothes and character personalisation. That was probably the most widely supported update I've ever seen, and I'm keen to see more.

wasnt that this year's theme already?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Updated Gnomes, Dwarves, Dagannoths and Trolls. Seriously, it's been 2 year since WGS and the other Trolls an Gnomes still haven't been updated?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Prifddinas opened, Castle Drakan opened, soul altar, Mahjarrat ritual, Menaphos opened... Year of the Quest sounds great.

I think Jagex can actually make Mahjarrat appear in all these things. I really want to fight a Mahjarrat now, too, so that's a nice match :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Stellar Dawn.

was actually going to mention that :P

it's dated to be released in 2011

and rumor is Jagex wants to charge $20/month for it.

You need a reasonably high quality game for that.

And I don't think we've seen Jagex prove themselves in that regards.

honestly I can't see that game being successful with 4x the subscription cost of runescape.

I'm also wondering if it will affect runescape in any way. Maybe overshadow it or something.

Naaxi.png

I want dung exp cap to be raised to 2b so the good dungers will come back again. I also want a way to ban maxed players that cant dungbfor crap from world 53, sadly thatvis not going to happen.

and rumor is Jagex wants to charge $20/month for it.

I heard it would be the same price, but lower if you are a subscriber of both funOrb and RuneScape.

just a little update which would be nice, 2k+ total worlds maybe?

I would also love this.

Most of all I just want them to focus on whatever the update may be. Such as to not repeat the dragon defender or rather the lack of a dragon defender update.

Attack bots. Its becoming ridiculous again. They need to inform us that they know, whats happening and if they are going to do something about it. Perhaps think about giving players or player mods some extra power. Even if its to make mod reports important again. (As they are currently not.)

Less minigames.

Quests with requirements or a better ratio/balance. (Atleast one quest with a requirement - Make a runescape unprecedented update.)

More high skill stuff - Continue on in developing the skills that havnt yet been focused on so much at the higher end.

A new CEO if they dont begin reinforcing their own rules, think about how their own updates effect the players negatively (putting a stop to it - More this year than any other imo.), and attacking bots correctly with harsh punishments - Allowing legit players to have the upperhand rather than being made fools of.

This year has had some very good updates but it has also had the worse decision making for a long time imo. Either that or they are becoming too cooperative and less community friendly. Besides all these community events.. (Which is usually lesser jagex employees?) Their actions show otherwise.. For me its mainly against bots and their stance has been highly controversial lately..

Bad karma for this year imo if they dont begin addressing serious issues rather than giving us more minigames. Peoples attitudes towards botting are becoming very thin lined.

I'm a pure F2P player, these are my small whises:

A really outbalanced combat triangle:

-better mage robes (gravite plated combat robes, new FoG rewards)

-gravite arrows that hit slightly harder than addy arrows (gravite bow exclusive)

-gravite studs than can be smithed/crafted on green dhide

Some outdated membership 'bosses' than can be transferred to F2P:

-red dragon + his island in wildy for solo players.

-black demons for solo players

-black dragon, not the King

-any kind of grouping boss, our clan need new social events.

My name is Greedy, but i hope i'm not asking too much!

greedy44.png

A new CEO.

/Thread.

:thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.