Oh the perils of botting

anonymouse_

The most popular free bot client collected and stored every user's login details, resulting in a lot of accounts having their banks cleaned shortly after the free trade update. If someone you know had their banks cleaned recently, they were probably using these bots. The bot site was since taken down by the owners, coincidentally also the owners of one of the biggest rwt sites. So if you've noticed a large drop in the number of bots recently, this is why. Fun stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

Meant as a statement of fact. Someone should turn this into a discussion.

I like short sentences.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheating comes at so many risks, from both jagex and the people that sell stuff to the cheaters. This update resulted in more gold farmers and capital for RWT sites and decreased the amount of actual players botting because they're lazy. Not sure if it's a good thing or just zero sum.

Honestly i expected a mass ban from jagex, but this works too....i guess...the justice comes from the larger criminals rather than legitimate action....i can haz irony

Heh. You've got to hand it to the RWTers for being clever at fleecing the sheep. I'm sure they've sporadically hacked accounts here and there during the trade limit era, but this has got to be their biggest heist yet.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

They got what's coming to 'em.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm guessing your runecrafting experience will be coming to a halt.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Who needs to buy essence when you could get them as a reward from the runecrafting guild? Heh.

Not all of us have 1+ million rc tokens. :wink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Who needs to buy essence when you could get them as a reward from the runecrafting guild? Heh.

Not all of us have 1+ million rc tokens. :wink:

Pfft. There's always private 5050 clans for those who don't like the click festival that is GOP.

Or some botters could set up 3 accounts with 1 actual player to do the winning.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

What's funny about this post is that I'm pretty sure you yourself are a botter. Why would you know this information unless you are directly associated with these botting sites. Most people don't know that the most popular botting site is run by the gold selling site. Most people also don't know about the login names and passwords being stored. I've seen screenshots of your accounts and it's pretty obvious you bot judging from your stats and wealth.How do I know this stuff myself? take a guess.

2_am_10_hp.png

What's funny about this post is that I'm pretty sure you yourself are a botter. Why would you know this information unless you are directly associated with these botting sites. Most people don't know that the most popular botting site is run by the gold selling site. Most people also don't know about the login names and passwords being stored. I've seen screenshots of your accounts and it's pretty obvious you bot judging from your stats and wealth.How do I know this stuff myself? take a guess.

Yeah right, so because i know things about Obama, I am Obama myself. Sounds nice.

Maybe he has friends who botted or read it on an other forum, heard a couple of rumours and saw many people compaining about being hacked. And there are a lot more of reasons he could have to know this.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I have people on my friends list that bot. I'm friends with them irl and I hear plenty of stuff about botting through him. I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows someone who bots. Does this mean I bot? Hell no it doesn't. Maybe he did some independent research on botting, that's not against the rules is it?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Well%20Played.gif

I just hope this doesn't send d bones up even higher, I was just getting enough money to start training.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Ok, so anyone with high stats and expensive items who knows about bots is a bot. So, if a maxed player spends half an hour googling bots, he or she is a botter. Gotcha.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.