ever been *tempted* to cheat?

ixfd64

I feel like if there was a minor glitch that didn't affect other players - I would probably use it.

aka. the corp beast glitch, etc

Considering all the outcry about that glitch, an awful lot of players seem to think it affects them. It may not have taken items away from anyone, but besides the general unfairness, it contributed to the price depreciation of those shields.

Were you on during the time?

The shields barely dropped at all in price.

Overall, the demand was so much greater then the supply that you could attribute it all to just random market theory.

Obviously any "glitch" you take will affect others and there's always going to be somebody mad at you.

I was trying to say that if the glitch

a.) affects the whole economy drastically

b.) doesn't directly target somebody

then it's more like a lesser evil.

capt%20kevin.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no. If I find an exploitable glitch, I know I'd probably get banned for using it.

RWT? No way I'm spending real money on Runescape gp, not to mention the risk of getting banned* and losing all the crap I paid real money for.

*as if anyone gets banned for it anymore

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I've definitely thought about it. Like, I've wondered what it would be like to just bot 1 skill on my main. And then after considering it for about a minute, I'd realize that's the stupidest thing ever. I've never encountered a bug that gives me an advantage, unless you count safespotting Zilyana, since that was around for a long time.

I don't break the rules (albeit maybe a bit of language once in a while?) because it's not as much fun and not the purpose of the game. Plus I don't want to risk an account that's so close to max total :P

Although RWT could be tempting, but I'm not much of a money maker.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Hell no. If I find an exploitable glitch, I know I'd probably get banned for using it.

RWT? No way I'm spending real money on Runescape gp, not to mention the risk of getting banned* and losing all the crap I paid real money for.

*as if anyone gets banned for it anymore

I don't think people even get banned for exploitable glitches.

In fact, I don't think people get banned for anything anymore.

There has been tons of times that I've seen both a pm and scammer in the fm and nothing even happens.

Common seriously? At least a mute if not a ban.

I've seen multiple players (presumably younger kids) who have fell for this duping trick.

But when have you ever heard of one of these "double your money!" guys ever get banned?

There's also tons of exploits in the duel arena that have yet to be fixed.

One can only assume that if Jagex is banning people for exploiting these glitches, they would've fixed them afterwards.

Either way, they're making a mistake:

a.) not banning people who are abusing a major gitch

b.) not fixing major glitches

Further more, if Jagex makes a major mistake such as bonus exp from crafting runes in DG - then it's not anybody's fault if they abuse it.

If the glitch is not super ridiculous - whose to say that Jagex just randomly came up with an absurdly unbalanced way to train?

Just like the C2 fishing - was that a glitch or no?

(I mean it obviously wasn't their intention but how can we tell what is or isn't their goal if they don't even try to tell us what's going on?)

capt%20kevin.png

I never have been tempted to cheat, though I'm tempted to keep my summoning cape untrimmed once I get it (which is months away :P).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

would sell any massive amounts of money in a heartbeat for rl cash.

i have botted certain accounts because i don't care if they get banned, i'm not tempted to bot on accounts I actually care about

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

There was a time when I was very tempted (Years ago) that I even ended up looking for a botting site, just out of curiosity, but a few minutes later (I'd say about 5) I just closed it lol. I figured out, why cheat? I mean the idea is to get the stuff on my own so it's worth some kind of online achievement or so, so yeah I did get tempted to do so, but I never did it, and never will :P, I don't think I can stand looking at a skill and deep inside me know that I botted that lol.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Guest jrhairychest

Nope, can't says I've ever been tempted. No idea why anyone would feel the need to unless they were that crap or impatient. I guess a challenge is too much for some people :mellow:

yeah, I've never really been too tempted to cheat. I know a few people who do, and for one guy it kinda pisses me off because it seems like he NEVER gets caught. I did feel bad for one friend though, because he got 80 range on his own, and botted to 85, but he got a stat reset back to level 1.

As for RWT, I've never had enough money in-game to consider selling, and the average price is like, $1 for 2m or something? In the short run it might be worth it, but I can't imagine paying more than $10 for anything. And if something's less than 20m anyway, why bother paying real money?

Bug Abuse: I've never known any bugs haha. I wasn't p2p for Penguin Hunting, and I only started in 05 (so nooby though) so I probably missed everything anyway.

No.

One thing that always annoyed me was a particular famous person who killed many players outside of the wilderness, and in their reply after they were permanently banned they said anyone who had the power they were given would have abused it too. To that I say they were extremely presumptuous.

If I accidentally came across a bug I would never abuse it, in fact I would report it immediately like I have done so with many other bugs. I find satisfaction knowing that I've probably saved a few players from falling victim to the bug, and a couple times J mods have turned up thanking myself and the other players warning people of the bug - which is pretty awesome.

2vuhgcn.png

I've been very temped to exploit bugs that I've stumbled across (such as an MTK bug that instantly filled the storehouse), but I've always immediately reported the bugs as I've come across them and not told anyone else what they were and how I did it until several months later when the bug is presumably fixed.

And while it is not botting by JaGeX's standards because it is input through a keyboard using no software systems, I have set up one of those drinky-birds (ya know, like the kind that "drinks" the water out of a cup) to press numpad 5 on my keyboard to alch a big 'ol stack of whatever while playing xbox haha and occasionally looking over to make sure I didn't get random event'd. (Mods if this isn't kosher to post, please edit this or PM me to edit, or both)

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

I've been very temped to exploit bugs that I've stumbled across (such as an MTK bug that instantly filled the storehouse), but I've always immediately reported the bugs as I've come across them and not told anyone else what they were and how I did it until several months later when the bug is presumably fixed.

And while it is not botting by JaGeX's standards because it is input through a keyboard using no software systems, I have set up one of those drinky-birds (ya know, like the kind that "drinks" the water out of a cup) to press numpad 5 on my keyboard to alch a big 'ol stack of whatever while playing xbox haha and occasionally looking over to make sure I didn't get random event'd. (Mods if this isn't kosher to post, please edit this or PM me to edit, or both)

not mine but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui9EXgE1j14

it's not the original, but close enough.

It's human nature to be tempted to cheat in the most basic sense of the term, but I'd never do it because I value my character far too much. It's my only account and I've poured an absurd amount of hours into it, and most of them were for enjoying myself as opposed to being efficient.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yes it was tempting and I did. Not sure of the forums policies about mentioning breaking RS rules.

When merching was very profitable selling bils for real life £, did it semi-regularly.

Edit ~ On second thought don't think this is classed as cheating as I recieved nothing in-game just real life benefits.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I am now going to point out that although I don't trust downloading a free bot, wouldn't pay for a paid bot (which is less risky then a free bot but still risky) nor would I ever wish to risk my account, I've thought about botting and I understand why people would want to bot certain parts of RS.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It has been said numerous times, but it seems I am going to have to say this again.

If you have a problem with any moderator actions taken, you are free to PM an administrator or another moderator, we all more than happy to help. There is also a thread currently dedicated to users telling us their problems with the forums and its moderation http://forum.tip.it/topic/291488-tif-is-bit-overermoderrated/ With an announcement for this as well, it should be clear that talking about moderator actions in this thread should not be done.

Addmission to rule breaking will always be removed whether or not a topic is asking for it or not. This is stated very clearly in the forum rules http://forum.tip.it/topic/48092-tip-it-forum-rules/

It is up to you if you admit to rule breaking. If you don't want to, you do not have to post.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Going wayyy back to the first days of rs for me, I did cheat, or atleast, did dishonorable things.

I caught someone drop trading, and instead of reporting them I actually got roped in to help move items from one account to the other, I assumed it was his own but he could have easily have stolen from other accounts. I helped him for a couple of days and finally got a mithril plate and 2h bought from the cash, and I kept stuff like lobster certificates too.

I did download a bot, my friend found it and said it was absolutely amazing for mining coal. I couldn't mine coal at the time but decided to download the bot ready for it in advance, I deleted it well before I even hit 20 mining however, because I found that fishing was more profitable and fun.

Within the first year or two of playing, I was hacked (possibly by a friend too) and that knocked it into my head that I would never consider botting or even thinking of going onto private servers/cheat sites, gold sites etc, for the sole reason of me never wanting to lose my stuff again. Pertrified that just clicking to visit a site could come back to bite me in the ass one way or another and make me lose everything I worked for.

I definitely considered bug abuse, and was all geared up too - when there was the ROW and Corp Beast bug/ How could I say no to possibly getting a divine sigil? Found out it was patched by the time I got to the cave :lol:

Nowadays other than that ROW bug I don't think of cheating, I enjoy trying to surpass my friends by grinding it all myself and I absolutely cannot bear the thought of doing anything to jeopardise my account. I have put too much time into it to let it all be taken away...it's also why I can't give up playing RS too :/

No.

One thing that always annoyed me was a particular famous person who killed many players outside of the wilderness, and in their reply after they were permanently banned they said anyone who had the power they were given would have abused it too. To that I say they were extremely presumptuous.

If I accidentally came across a bug I would never abuse it, in fact I would report it immediately like I have done so with many other bugs. I find satisfaction knowing that I've probably saved a few players from falling victim to the bug, and a couple times J mods have turned up thanking myself and the other players warning people of the bug - which is pretty awesome.

I remember when that happened I think - wasn't it in a POH? The Fally Massacre or whatever?

All skills - 35+.

All skills not named "Dungeoneering" - 50+

Come on ToG and Resource Dungeon exp!

Sure I've been tempted, I've even ventured onto botting sites, and let me tell you, some of those pictures are mouth watering, hundreds of millions of gold and xp for seemingly no price. But in the end, fear of being banned will always outweigh the desire for fast and easy levels.

Rejected.jpg