19-Apr-2011 - Items Kept on Death Changes

Michael

Glad to hear they didn't change Livid Farm by that much. Haven't checked but 20% decrease would imply it now takes around 35 hours instead of 44. still way longer than MA. They really should make the wishes better though to make it worth spending any more time there after unlocking all spells...

MA gives a maximum of 12 ranks per hour. At the minimum, it would take ~25 hours to get 300 Rank. I wouldn't say that's way longer. Besides, even after you get your rank, you still need to play MA to buy rewards if you run out of credits. The spells stay forever.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 million?

Not even close HAHAHAHAHA.

Bruno, are those numbers the possible value range of certain items?

dont forget, if dfs is charged it loses ge value

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Beware, spoilers below :o

[hide]Can't say I enjoyed that, the graphics were nice especially with the stone spirits and such but it all seemed like a bad attempt to popularize Evil Trees, the ice crown looks good but I don't really like the Sunrise crown, and I wouldn't use them to contact the queens. It wasn't the same without the Easter Bunny, he was there but just stood there and didn't add anything to the event :( I think an attempt to make the rewards useful kind of ruined the point of having fun whacky costume items that aren't particularly useful. [/hide]

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Members chopping down hawthorn trees in F2P. If that isn't advertising member's content a la gnomecopter style, then I don't know what is. Just reinforces the view that F2P is a demo. Heh. Oh, and did I mention non-members only get 1/2 of the holiday event? Attempting to get the ice crown is for p2p only. Such a pity.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Members chopping down hawthorn trees in F2P. If that isn't advertising member's content a la gnomecopter style, then I don't know what is. Just reinforces the view that F2P is a demo. Heh. Oh, and did I mention non-members only get 1/2 of the holiday event? Attempting to get the ice crown is for p2p only. Such a pity.

Thought it was funny when I saw members wearing dragon items achoppin in f2p...

Also I didn't know the evil tree was so... sexy.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just after I bought t10 desp :/

It's now affected by Desperado, so wouldn't that be a good thing?

T10 is 330k tokens, for an essentially useless class now.

I don't get it. Wasn't this a great update for hexhunter owners? Can't you hit even higher now that it stacks with Desperado?

And yay, finally I can fight in the Wilderness with Magic only without having to risk 430k tokens :smile:

110419190235.png

??

The hexhunter bow is now affected by the Desperado Dungeoneering ring.

Some items

Fire cape 3.1m - 4.6m

Chaotic staff 13m - 21m

Farseer kiteshield 15.1m - 21m

Arcane stream 1.8m - 3.2m

Ring of vigour 4.6m - 15m

Onyx (i) ring 11.6m - 13.1m (= onyx ring =12.9m?)

How do you know this?

??

The hexhunter bow is now affected by the Desperado Dungeoneering ring.

Ok well I'm pretty sure he meant he bought t10 Sniper.

It's amusing to me that 3BO'ers would get so upset and defensive when told that their desperado rings didn't work with their hexes. GG.

now brb buying t10 desperado

When I was questioned on using Sniper and I informed them Desperado and Hexhunter didn't stack I knew they thought I was [developmentally delayed]ed. Nice to see it in writing that we were right all along.

It's about as bad as the "you are now entering the member's zone" pop-up when you complete a bronze sword request from Aksel in the workshop. Expect to see more of these p2p intrusions on what is supposedly a complete and separate game in the future, way things are going.

EDIT: as for the death mechanics being revised, say hello to "casual."

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Items kept on death seems unecessary to me. They always update things when people have adapted to a certain way of game. It's s if they are planning chaos.

The holiday event was OK (as always they want to promote membership), and the rewards seems onsided. Two crowns that are designed for female heads. Specially the Sunbeam crown. So in this case the developers behind the event chose females in favor of men. So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

EDIT:

I see that you keep some good stuff when you die: diary items being the awesome part.

That makes this update nice :thumbup:

Two crowns that are designed for female heads. Specially the Sunbeam crown. So in this case the developers behind the event chose females in favor of men. So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

Even if that's true, it's not as if almost all other armor is designed for men. :rolleyes:

Tact.gif

It's about as bad as the "you are now entering the member's zone" pop-up when you complete a bronze sword request from Aksel in the workshop. Expect to see more of these p2p intrusions on what is supposedly a complete and separate game in the future, way things are going.

EDIT: as for the death mechanics being revised, say hello to "casual."

Now hang on, you do realise how bad it was a few years ago, before MMG came along, right? This is a very light nudge in comparison.

Also, the death mechanics aren't as forgiving as I feared they were going to be when they were first mentioned. Ultimately the idea is to stop the scam where someone drops 4 items with high alchemy values like dragon longswords in the wilderness, so that whoever picks them up will lose items of much greater value when killed. On the other hand, certain aspects like choosing what you want to keep and more liberal respawn points are completely unnecessary.

~ W ~

sigzi.png