Addicted To Runescape

Phyrexial

Just wondering does or has runescape ever effected your "real" life because at the moment it's really affecting mine..... in the last 3 months I almost tripled my total exp from when I last played...lol I came back to runescape after a 2 year break and was basically rich as I had a ton of rares banked from runescape classic but man this game is addicting to the point where all I want to do is play for hours on end and I know its wrong im actually ashamed of myself over the last few weeks,but I just can not shake this addiction at the moment... lets hear input... stories etc.

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS Addiction was a problem for me........like 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

Now I hardly play anymore. All I'm doing now is messing around and giving away stuff to random people.

Money is so easy to come by, even doing nothing but lending my phat can easily get me 3m per day.

All I'm doing now is messing around and giving away stuff to random people. Money is so easy to come by, even doing nothing but lending my phat can easily get me 3m per day.

I'll take it :thumbsup:

On-topic, I kind of used to be "addicted" way back in 2004, but it was really only during the summer, when I had to be playing Runescape at least 12 hours a day. You know you're playing a ton when you're getting about 150K xp per day ranging black dragons with (usually) iron arrows. It didn't really affect my life since it was, well, summer.

Used to be majorly addicted a few years ago, but more recently I can take it or leave it, if I have something more productive to do I will. My reasoning is I want max total and as long rs isn't going anywhere for a few years I know I'll get it, don't have to rush as fast as possible might aswell just take it easy and enjoy it :) think of your goals, think how long they will take and realise your not gonna get them by playing 20 hours a day and burning out and losing your social life, but by being consistent and enjoying it

Bbk.png

Playing it more than I'd like to at the moment. I've finished uni, haven't exactly got an amazing job and it's hard to find time to hang out with friends. Our shifts all clash who still live here and others have left.

Filling in a void with runescape, it isn't dominating my life, still have my priorities but wish I had more stuff to do to get away from it!

Oh, this thread again...

Anyway, reading many of these threads I have noticed that most players are trying to fill some sort of a void in their lives. I started playing again earlier this year for similar reasons. I wouldn't say that i'm addicted though, it's just a fun pastime for me, just a game.

I know what you mean man. Back when I started in like '05, I was seriously addicted to this game. Played for a few years like that then quit for 2. I checked my time played the other day and I have 175 days played. Now, I've only been back for about a month so I know I haven't logged in much time. But that's just mind-boggling to me. I'm never going to let that happen again, mostly because I was much younger back then.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Oh, this thread again...

Anyway, reading many of these threads I have noticed that most players are trying to fill some sort of a void in their lives. I started playing again earlier this year for similar reasons. I wouldn't say that i'm addicted though, it's just a fun pastime for me, just a game.

yea cant really measure addiction by timeplayed - i never was very social - however w/o school or work i play a toooooooooooon im going back to school and doubt i'd really play much at all..I think i was addicted when getting 120 dg but then it just became skillin consistantly w/o really caring and logging whenever to go out with my family - ect. Thier are hobbies that are more interesting than scape but its not always good to force yourself to do a hobby (tho if you feel like reading you should read or if you wanna draw or do hobbies like music/sports should do that too. Also study and homework should go before scape not at the same time..

3hrs of homework

1hr of scape

beats out 4hours of scape/homework in terms of overall stuff getting done usually probably

StarViv.png

Runescape is addicting whether you think so or not. It doesn't even have to be the game itself. Take the clanning world. I didn't play the game, but I dedicated a lot of my time towards the clanning side of things. It is just as time consuming, if not more.

j0xPu5R.png

Tbh it did effect me a lot more than it now does, I've quit and rejoined a few times and in doing so have learnt just to play for fun as opposed to what I think is the addicting bit - levelling up.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I used to be bad about using the game as a tool of procrastination, but that's not really because of Runescape, I used television, books, etc. in the same way. Now I've gotten much better about those sorts of things; When I have things to get done, I don't even think about playing. Its really just a question of self-control and priorities. I'm sitting about 8 hours away from 99 firemaking, but I haven't played all week because of college.

Edit: I used to play for 10+ hours a day with no problem, but after quitting (because of school) for a year, I can no longer be on that long. I'd recommend setting limits, such as 4 hours a day.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Try to do a variety of things with your free time. It tends to make you appreciate each one more rather than just playing rs, or doing on thing everyday. Try forcing yourself to do certain things, like doing simple exercises every now and then. I understand if you have a lot of free time and just spend it on rs, but don't let rs miss opportunities. If someone asks you to do something, don't make an excuse and just play rs. Take that those opportunities and you shouldn't have a problem.

If all else fails and you can't seem to manage it, just stop playing rs. You don't want to find yourself regretting all the time you spent on here.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I wear a diaper while DGing so I don't need to get up. It's the same one that cosmonaut in space wear.

Jelly?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I find myself filling most of my free time at home with this game. But, if I have a responsibility or friends just ask me to go out, I usually do it. Although, a few times I have made excuses to stay in. :shades:

VsaJs.jpg

Addicted? No. Should I have played less? Probably.

This pretty much concludes what I feel too. And a lot of my friends too. I'm not addicted to the game, but perhaps I should play less than I do :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak