Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Your mighty fortress will not only be your home, but also a proving ground within which you and your clan-mates can gather resources and learn to work and fight as one, whether it’s for future battles or just to prove that you’re the greatest clan in the game!

Does that mean skill resources?

Also, I laughed at their first statement

We’ve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

:thumbdown:

mlskid
[ Display Name History ]

mlskid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:mlskid

Can't wait to see players in w2 near grand exchange getting pk'd

O wait that was gonna b a surprise!

Sadly, I think this might actually happen.... So before the update week i'm definitely banking everything and then logging on. :mrgreen:

EDIT: @above, Yes, that is in reference to resources for skills such as woodcutting, combat, runecrafting, summoning, etc... at least from What i've read i'd assume so. But then again, we only have to wait what? 26 hours until we can read more about it? :shades:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Wio, lol

BBK
[ Display Name History ]

BBK

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • RSN:BBK
Biggest update of the year? nah sounds lame to me, whats with jagex's obsession with clans and the community, I couldn't care less the clan system was fine 5 years ago.
Posted Image

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
If we can do skills in the clan citadels it might a be a decent update. But I'm sure they will find a way to mess it up

mlskid
[ Display Name History ]

mlskid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 667 posts

Biggest update of the year? nah sounds lame to me, whats with jagex's obsession with clans and the community, I couldn't care less the clan system was fine 5 years ago.

LOL, this year's theme is... CLANS. Remember that from all the way back in the beginning of the year? I'd assume also that is why they are calling it the biggest update of the year, as the year is based around clans, and then this is the biggest clan update... Personally if ROTM comes out this year, that'll be the biggest update to me. :unsure:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Wio, lol

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
I still don't understand why they have to make it look like a circus

mlskid
[ Display Name History ]

mlskid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 667 posts

I still don't understand why they have to make it look like a circus

Because circus' are fun? imo..... :thumbsup:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Wio, lol

FIREWORKS
[ Display Name History ]

FIREWORKS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:lox

Please Jagex dont let RS turn into EVE with Player owned stations, areas, etc.

Hilarious. With absolutely every update there are people that compare rs to other games. Truth is, there is not much completely "original" you can do these days...

Anyway, this sounds super cool.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

258ForLife
[ Display Name History ]

258ForLife

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:258 for life
  • RSN2:Matt258
Should be Good Update with your Clan members being able to help get resources, build Rooms, training areas. I'm sure there will be Monsters in Dungeons/Rooms to be Fighting. Probably an area for making Battles. To bad its only for P2p since F2p has Clans to.
Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers
Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!
Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!
0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii
I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)

Will probably be stuff like magic/ yew trees or new locations for other redundant but fairly high level content (charm sprites, adamant ore etc).

Either that or another poorly worded post, maybe something such as a clan bank for supplies such as sharks etc (obviously you would have to trust clan members not to just clean it...)
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts
Okay, so this has infact been the thing that has inspired me to actually find a clan of like-minded people...and i've actually found one :shock:

What's next? I'll stop doing solo dungeoneering? :ohnoes:

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Speaking purely in terms of DGS, my thoughts are:

- It's not Daemonheim, so I can't see this being a hangout spot for DGS.
- If non-recruits can't join, I'll be mad - we have a lot of members who are in other clans.
- I think all of DGS will be in our citadel for like a week just to check it out, and that'll be kinda cool, but I can see it being abandoned quickly.

Still, I hope they do this right. It has potential to be cool.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
This update may make me want to join a clan. Does Tip.it have any "clans" I can join?
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

exterrrr
[ Display Name History ]

exterrrr

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • RSN:Juxter

Inb4 bot clans.
Posted Image
Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Inb4 bot clans.

Bot clans wouldn't affect other clans though, each clan should have its own citadel with its own resources.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

We’ve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

I'm surely missing something...
This update really shows Jagex has lost every single touch with the playerbase.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
I have to admit that i'm having mixed feelings about this update.

Sure i'm drooling becuase of all the potential rewards that could come from this. Multiple teleportals, clan only training spots, clan bank ect.

But, depending on how expensive this will be and any in game rewards, this might kill some of the smaller clans. People new to the clan world will just join a huge clan to just take advantage of the citadel and some of the communities will start to degrade. I can see this turning into any other game where clans offer an in game bonus and clans might start adding members fees to joining the clan or to stay in the clan.

Its going to be harder to find a clan to just hang out and chat with after this comes out.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Heisenberg
[ Display Name History ]

Heisenberg

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 302 posts

Nobody uses clans? news to me.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Nobody uses clans? news to me.

I believe he was refering to Jagex saying that there have been some huge updates this year. If Jagex ever listened to the playerbase then they would realise that no one really thinks there have been any significantly large updates this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users