21st September 2011 - Members� Loyalty Programme #2

Pirkka

Loyalty comes with a reward this week, as we unveil the latest batch of Members Loyalty Programme items! So, if you are yet to sign up to the programme, please click here or visit the RuneScape homepage (select "Members Loyalty Programme" from the Account drop-down menu).

There is something for everyone with this fresh batch, and the auras are no exception. We can proudly reveal the upgraded auras, which improve the abilities of auras that you may have purchased from the first batch. Got a Sharpshooter aura? Purchase a Greater Sharpshooter aura, and your ranged accuracy bonus increases from 3% to 5%. The majority of existing auras are now available to upgrade (you will need to purchase the original aura before you can buy the upgraded one). We’ve even taken the opportunity to revise the Poison Purge aura, which heals you when you get poisoned, rather than preventing the damage.

It’s also clear, from the auras you’re using, that combat auras are a firm favourite, so we’ve obliged with a few more. Equilibrium reduces your max hit by 25% but increases your min hit by the same amount; Inspiration refills your special attack bar with each successful hit; Vampirism converts a portion of the damage you deal into life points; and Penance refills prayer points whenever you’re damaged.

If combat’s not your (punch)bag, then there are five skill-based auras available. There’s the Resourceful aura which, when you would normally deplete a woodcutting or mining resource, will instead offer a 10% chance that it will not deplete. Thieving gets the Five Finger Discount aura; Mining gets the Quarrymaster aura; and Lumberjack is – unsurprisingly – the Woodcutting aura. Finally, the Wisdom aura is for the big spenders; it may cost an eye-watering 40,000 loyalty points, but it increases all experience gained by 2.5% for 30 minutes every 24 hours.

For information on new and existing auras, click here.

Beyond the auras are four new costume types. Theatrical gear, pharaoh outfits, cheongsams or changshans (depending on gender), and silken outfits are available as sets to purchase. We also offer the ability to purchase recolours of your gnome scarves, lunar equipment and staves of light. Emote fiends can select from six new ones, with a personal favourite being Disappear, which makes you feel like a ninja.

For information on new outfits, recolour options and emotes click here.

There are two discounts available for a limited time, so opportunists should grab the half-price saxon outfit and dervish outfit. While you’re there, you’ll likely notice the revised Members’ Loyalty Programme store, which gives you an attractive and intuitive layout from which you can make your purchases.

As has been mentioned previously, the number of loyalty points you receive per month will increase, depending on how many consecutive months of membership you have had without a break. Further details of how this works can be found in the Loyalty Programme FAQ.

Mod Rathe

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

It seems Xuan’s store has been successful, as another one has popped up in Varrock! Travel to Varrock Square to browse at your convenience from our second Loyalty Store.

You may notice some changes to your emotes interface, as well as certain Clan Citadel interfaces this week. This is to prepare for clans who are reaching Tier 5 of their Citadels very soon. At Tier 5, clans will be able to get access to the Clan Theatre, which comes with a number of emotes that you can view early from the emote interface.

The Head Guard in a clan citadel can now be used as a banker, and the box of capes next to the Battlemaster now works as a bank chest. Activities such Fletching and alchemy are no longer prevented in citadels.

Patch notes:

Graphical

Cave walls in Senliten’s tomb were misaligned.

New motifs have been added to the Clan motif selections.

The pressure pads in the Confusing Portals puzzle room in Daemonheim are now visible in all graphics modes.

The animation for Farid Morrisane’s mouth has now been fixed.

The Herblore skillcape’s emblem now renders correctly.

The graphical glitches within Zemouregal’s fortress have been addressed.

Spotty capes now render correctly with POH workbenches.

A hanging pirate in Lunar Isle has been updated.

The polar camouflage kit now draws correctly.

Quests & Tasks

The cramulet now works on cats in the Rat Pits.

Beacon parts from Ritual of the Mahjarrat are now discarded correctly outside of the quest area.

When removing the Vyrewatch disguise your prefix is now removed correctly.

The interface for bane bolts and arrows now correctly states that you are making 50 instead of 10 or 15.

Bane ore now works with urns.

The quest rewards for Ritual of the Mahjarrat are now accurate.

Zemouregal’s notes no longer refer to Hazeel being restored by his cult if you have prevented this.

The gate of Menaphos, is no longer labelled as the gate of Sophanem.

The dwarven army axe works on trees in the Mountain Daughter quest.

Characters in Lucien’s house now have different chat according to Lucien’s status after Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

The Akrisae armour set now has the correct quest requirement listed in the pre-purchase info.

Arrav now retaliates correctly in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

The inconsistency about whether boosted stats worked in parts of Ritual of the Mahjarrat has been fixed.

Minigames & Distractions

You now get a message when you become eligible to use the experienced challenge rooms in the Burthorpe Games Room.

Timers such as the prayer points drain are now paused during matches in the Burthorpe Games Room.

Teleporting from the tight-rope in the Circus no longer messes with your model.

Some text on Wizard Elriss’ rewards interface has been changed.

Baskets of strawberries no longer confuse your follower in Temple Trekking.

The Prayer Renew timer is now stopped when entering a Duel Arena match.

Miscellaneous

The bottom-most item in the Grand Exchange’s list of item sets now responds to clicking.

Rank tooltips in chat channels in the lobby no longer appear in the wrong places.

Prayer point restoration messages in Daemonheim are now correct.

The standard stat-restoration potion now restores the Prayer stat.

Spelling and grammar fixes for various messages.

The Superheat Item and Plank Make spells now interrupt the Home Teleport spell.

The Task system’s pop-down message did not appear when you completed the To Catch a Karambwan task.

The Confusing Portals puzzle in Daemonheim could be skipped by logging in and out.

The dwarven army axe now works cuts gems correctly.

The Invoke Spring emote is now available in the weather category of emotes.

A troll that attacked some mercenaries no longer changes its combat level.

Fewer messages are given when a Prayer Renew timer is running, and all messages are now added to the spam filter.

Fellstalk has been added to Bob Barter’s price guides at the Grand Exchange.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.5% for a half hour is pathetic anyway. If you're thinking about using it for a buyable skill, it won't make much of a dent in the overall cost.

None of these new auras really appeal to me. Still waiting for 15k points so I can be Count Vlad Dracula.

Wowy,

"it may cost an eye-watering 40,000 loyalty points, but it increases all experience gained by 2.5% for 30 minutes every 24 hours."

Yet more buyable extra xp :roll:

The next tier of that aura is permanent 2.5% xp.

Most of the tier 2/3 aura's look useful in one way or another, guess were going to have to wait for people to work out exactly how useful.

Winarr.png

Patch Notes

Graphical

Cave walls in Senliten’s tomb were misaligned.

New motifs have been added to the Clan motif selections.

The pressure pads in the Confusing Portals puzzle room in Daemonheim are now visible in all graphics modes.

The animation for Farid Morrisane’s mouth has now been fixed.

The Herblore skillcape’s emblem now renders correctly.

The graphical glitches within Zemouregal’s fortress have been addressed.

Spotty capes now render correctly with POH workbenches.

A hanging pirate in Lunar Isle has been updated.

The polar camouflage kit now draws correctly.

Quests & Tasks

The cramulet now works on cats in the Rat Pits.

Beacon parts from Ritual of the Mahjarrat are now discarded correctly outside of the quest area.

When removing the Vyrewatch disguise your prefix is now removed correctly.

The interface for bane bolts and arrows now correctly states that you are making 50 instead of 10 or 15.

Bane ore now works with urns.

The quest rewards for Ritual of the Mahjarrat are now accurate.

Zemouregal’s notes no longer refer to Hazeel being restored by his cult if you have prevented this.

The gate of Menaphos, is no longer labelled as the gate of Sophanem.

The dwarven army axe works on trees in the Mountain Daughter quest.

Characters in Lucien’s house now have different chat according to Lucien’s status after Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

The Akrisae armour set now has the correct quest requirement listed in the pre-purchase info.

The inconsistency about whether boosted stats worked in parts of Ritual of the Mahjarrat has been fixed.

Minigames & Distractions

You now get a message when you become eligible to use the experienced challenge rooms in the Burthorpe Games Room.

Timers such as the prayer points drain are now paused during matches in the Burthorpe Games Room.

Teleporting from the tight-rope in the Circus no longer messes with your model.

Some text on Wizard Elriss’ rewards interface has been changed.

Baskets of strawberries no longer confuse your follower in Temple Trekking.

The Prayer Renew timer is now stopped when entering a Duel Arena match.

Miscellaneous

The bottom-most item in the Grand Exchange’s list of item sets now responds to clicking.

Rank tooltips in chat channels in the lobby no longer appear in the wrong places.

Prayer point restoration messages in Daemonheim are now correct.

The standard stat-restoration potion now restores the Prayer stat.

Spelling and grammar fixes for various messages.

The Superheat Item and Plank Make spells now interrupt the Home Teleport spell.

The Task system’s pop-down message did not appear when you completed the To Catch a Karambwan task.

The Confusing Portals puzzle in Daemonheim could be skipped by logging in and out.

The dwarven army axe now works cuts gems correctly.

The Invoke Spring emote is now available in the weather category of emotes.

A troll that attacked some mercenaries no longer changes its combat level.

Fewer messages are given when a Prayer Renew timer is running, and all messages are now added to the spam filter.

Fellstalk has been added to Bob Barter’s price guides at the Grand Exchange.

The Confusing Portals puzzle in Daemonheim could be skipped by logging in and out. - Pretty unhappy if they finally "fixed" that puzzle. :angry:

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Wowy,

"it may cost an eye-watering 40,000 loyalty points, but it increases all experience gained by 2.5% for 30 minutes every 24 hours."

As if it matters? It's only 2.5 [bleep]ing percent for 30 minutes every day. I can't see any situation where that is useful except maybe Summoning. But you might as well save the charms and just do it on the BXPW every 6 months rather than spend 6 months of membership on this (fail) aura.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Wowy,

Saw this as well, and I assumed it meant GP, not actual money. To be honest though, if someone wants to buy that much membership for 30 minutes worth of a 2.5% increase every 24 hours.

In my opinion, that is not worth it. But yes, they are making RuneScape a buyable game, despite claiming not to be doing that. Sigh.

Wowy,

As if it matters? It's only 2.5 [bleep]ing percent for 30 minutes every day. I can't see any situation where that is useful except maybe Summoning. But you might as well save the charms and just do it on the BXPW every 6 months rather than spend 6 months of membership on this (fail) aura.

I agree its fail, its just the fact that they continue to feel its ok for the game to keep on selling extra xp <_<

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Does this mean that this armour actually HAS a quest requirement to use it? :unsure:

Retaliates "correctly"? You mean, you don't have to whack him 100 times now during the battle? Do you still have to left-click to attack him?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

The standard stat-restoration potion now restores the Prayer stat

They are now sold out on GE because people think they restore prayer points, which they don't lol.

:thumbsup:

outfits look nice, auras I agree with what people said before me.

I'll save up to become "wunderkind Noobz" :shades:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Wowy,

Saw this as well, and I assumed it meant GP, not actual money.

That makes no sense at all...

If someone wants to spend that much?

It comes free with membership your not paying any extra for it.. I'm completely baffled as to what your thinking.

Just some quick math for anyone interested, the spec restore aura with a crapier restores 22.5% spec bar every 30 seconds instead of the standard 10%, Darts & knives on rapid restore 35%, is it just me or does that seem like a lot of claw specs?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Another bit of quick math, to buy all the available auras, it takes 2 years and 7 months of continuous membership.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Wowy,

It comes free with membership your not paying any extra for it.. I'm completely baffled as to what your thinking.

I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to the idea that, after paying for 4-5 months of membership, AND saving up roughly 4-5 months of loyalty points, you can get a [sarcasm]whopping[/sarcasm] 2.5% boost to your XP rate for a whole half hour per day, is akin to "buying" massive amounts of more XP ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Wowy,

I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to the idea that, after paying for 4-5 months of membership, AND saving up roughly 4-5 months of loyalty points, you can get a [sarcasm]whopping[/sarcasm] 2.5% boost to your XP rate for a whole half hour per day, is akin to "buying" massive amounts of more XP ...

:rolleyes:

I'd also like to point out that the 2.5% in prayer, using frost dragon bones, which is arguably one of the fastest skills to train, only works out to a savings of 17 frost dragon bones, roughly 187k gp/day. I for one won't be buying that aura any time soon.

EDIT: If you want to look at summoning, with Geyser Titans, you save 36 blue charms per day.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It seems inspiration will restore .2% special per hit not per damage, which means you'll restore 7.5*.2 = 1.5% special per 30 seconds extra at 100% accuracy and a 4 tick weapon.

Vampirism and penance are/seem quite powerful, I can see them being used. Especially solo god wars, where you can rely on soul split to heal between kills, altar to restore prayer etc. they can cut a significant amount off the potions you need.

Equilibrium + Storm of Armadyl is 221 - 228 base hit? Aka guaranteed 360s? Korasi's specials hitting 200-600 normally now hit 350-450? I'm not sure it's useful but it seems like this could be unavoidable KOs.

Other auras are lame. No greater knock-out for me :(.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted