11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

You can still avoid rerolling, if you send one of your ships out on Hook (now Scythe for some) and the other to do a couple shorter voyages from Arc or Skull. Once I hit Scythe I will use this to gather the bamboo and gunpowder I need, since it will be almost impossible to finish 15+ voyages all Scythe in the 24h window.

You can still avoid rerolling, if you send one of your ships out on Hook (now Scythe for some) and the other to do a couple shorter voyages from Arc or Skull. Once I hit Scythe I will use this to gather the bamboo and gunpowder I need, since it will be almost impossible to finish 15+ voyages all Scythe in the 24h window.

Yeah I know right? The only think people have is the godsend of a VNC program. Right now I feel like zezima when he was farming setting alarms to wake me every 2:30-3 hours. Then signing in on my VNC to check ports.

Right now I'm thinking the best gameplay maneuvering would be to set your concentration to the scythe pre-rollover, switch it to the hook post-rollover, send out a ship for the scythe then do the rest of the voyages that come from your hook concentration. When you are close to the scythe voyage hitting home switch back to the scythe. That way when your next voyage goes out your chances are greater to get another scythe voyage. I suppose you could make it a bit more relaxing and just switch only to get one hook voyage versus one scythe voyage. Once you unlock the third ship it would be a wiser choice to do this anyways so you can send out 1 hook and 2 scythe voyages.

Savvy? (Savvy means "understand" in pirate)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Because of the reduced returns of completing voyages in earlier regions, I was thinking that the most efficient route would be to complete as many Scythe voyages in a day as possible (i.e do only Scythe until 2-3 hours before reset), then rushing your remaining few in the last hours before reset. This would maximize the distance traveled and get you to the next region faster.

Of course if you are diligent enough you could use the method you have described (and that method would certainly be better in early stages when we are low on Scythe crew).

You make a good point, but I feel that the tactic I mentioned would also help wrap up the other building upgrades while working on your scythe progression as well. That was also a big selling point to getting the warehouse upgrade and third ship because your efficiency would be crapped on with just two ships.

In my honest opinion I think things are getting pretty hairy because even in the scythe region you'll still see other area voyages. I suppose my tactic would be ok for when your going for those two upgrades, but after that I guess doing as many scythe voyages in a day would be the best route.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think it would be good but it depends on how easy the scythe voyages are. If they are too difficult you will need more resources to buy the new crews etc. I personally like your idea of doing scythe + hook missions by alternating the area in between sending. This way you can also maximize your chances of success (I imagine 3 ships will be more difficult because it needs more high level crew which at first will be rare)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yeah getting cherrywood and finishing all your voyages might be much more harder until a third ship comes into play.

I think a third ship will be more difficult to focus solely on cherrywood missions because those are more difficult, and it becomes more troublesome to send out 3 high success ships. But being able to do 1 cherrywood and 2 slate, that could be very handy :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yeah getting cherrywood and finishing all your voyages might be much more harder until a third ship comes into play.

I think a third ship will be more difficult to focus solely on cherrywood missions because those are more difficult, and it becomes more troublesome to send out 3 high success ships. But being able to do 1 cherrywood and 2 slate, that could be very handy :)

Well the specing out progression generally stays the same throughout this piece of content. By that I mean you generally go and buy crew; then ship specs: deck, ram/figurehead, hull, rudder; then port upgrades, generally should be from most to least important, which are warehouse, then bar/lodgings. After that its situational. Workshop upgrade so you don't xp-waste on longer voyages, third ship for efficiency. Rest I think is for efficiency as well.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

grr hating this. I just cant get anywhere with upgrading my ship. Every time I get close to getting enough slate for an upgrade I lose some on a ship repair because I just can't get my ships over 75% success with all of these 7.5k or multiple 6.5K stat voyages.

Don't do them then. I've been cancelling missions that are too difficult for my current set-up and haven't been having a big issue. For me, that means not doing difficulty 4+ quests. Figure I'm never going to be the first to make the special items and all the gp that'll come with that, so just take it nice and easy.

Better to skip a voyage than having it set you back.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Can you lose crewmembers at 75%? That would be the only setback that would keep me from wanting to try a mission if I could score that high on my ship's voyage.

Yup, I lost my one of my Overseers (still miss that guy) at a high success rate. Don't remember the exact %, but it was in the 70s.

Jagex need to let us change the focus of each individual ship instead of the focus being a broad option that applies to them all.

The only difficulty I see with this though is that voyages are shared between all of your ships. I think a system where they split the 15 daily voyages up between the available ships would make things much more versatile.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Jagex need to let us change the focus of each individual ship instead of the focus being a broad option that applies to them all.

The only difficulty I see with this though is that voyages are shared between all of your ships. I think a system where they split the 15 daily voyages up between the available ships would make things much more versatile.

I think... I don't know. I disagree with you. I mean I know where you are coming from and agree on perspective, but with the solution I think not. I think having it where you can set the loadout potential of each of the three normal voyage slots would be much more versatile. That way you could operate under the assumption that one ship focuses on the scythe (slot 1), another on the hook (slot 2) and a third ship on the scythe again (slot 3). So to say you would maybe have the option to focus on three different areas. The way it would work though would stay the same such as the slot focused on the scythe region would still have the potential of getting voyages from the lower regions like it is now.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I highly disagree with a divide by ship system.

What if 1 ship gets all naff voyages for the day whilst another gest several long but awesome ones which you can't do timewise in a day?

Suddenly you have one ship doing something worthless whilst missing good voyages.

Also how pray tell are you going to divide 15 daily voyages between 2 or 4 ships.

1 ship works fine 15 a day.

3 is ok at 5 each.

but 15 don't divide into 2 or 4 neatly

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

grr hating this. I just cant get anywhere with upgrading my ship. Every time I get close to getting enough slate for an upgrade I lose some on a ship repair because I just can't get my ships over 75% success with all of these 7.5k or multiple 6.5K stat voyages.

Don't do them then. I've been cancelling missions that are too difficult for my current set-up and haven't been having a big issue. For me, that means not doing difficulty 4+ quests. Figure I'm never going to be the first to make the special items and all the gp that'll come with that, so just take it nice and easy.

Better to skip a voyage than having it set you back.

Tried that but when I did I ended up with only 4 voyages from that set that i could actually do at over 80% and they were all just bamboo or gunpowder. I'm getting no slate voyages under 6.5k anymore.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I think... I don't know. I disagree with you. I mean I know where you are coming from and agree on perspective, but with the solution I think not. I think having it where you can set the loadout potential of each of the three normal voyage slots would be much more versatile. That way you could operate under the assumption that one ship focuses on the scythe (slot 1), another on the hook (slot 2) and a third ship on the scythe again (slot 3). So to say you would maybe have the option to focus on three different areas. The way it would work though would stay the same such as the slot focused on the scythe region would still have the potential of getting voyages from the lower regions like it is now.

I should have thought of this lol. This would be ideal actually, it would still let you send any ship on any voyage and leave the chance of getting lower tier voyages when you're focused on a higher one.

Also @Sy, quite simple really, just put the leftover voyage(s) on one ship so one has slightly more than the other. Or they could just increase the amount of voyages you get incrementally depending on how many ships you have.

Sylpheed.png

Finally got myself 6 combat clansmen, 5 seafaring clansmen and 4 morale clansmen, 2 overseers and all but 1 hull and 1 rudder upgrade to buy. then back to arc and skull for supplies to upgrade my buildings before I hit scythe region.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I think the best port upgrades are the warehouse and shipwright. The rest is just increased luck really.

Still worth it. A shot at a bureaucrat is nice.

gallery_173254_290_46988.png

The Scythe, for those interested. My first cherrywood mission is 3600 morale/seafaring for 160 or so, taking 4.5 hours :/.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think the best port upgrades are the warehouse and shipwright. The rest is just increased luck really.

Still worth it. A shot at a bureaucrat is nice.

gallery_173254_290_46988.png

The Scythe, for those interested. My first cherrywood mission is 3600 morale/seafaring for 160 or so, taking 4.5 hours :/.

Better start switching focuses to maximize slate returns for the third ship. From here on out you'll max at 10 voyages a day (4.5 hours / 24 hours in a day = 5(+0.33) voyage rounds x 2 ships = 10 voyages with a remainder of 1.5 hours) with maybe another two more out if you are savvy with your time when the system rolls over. When you get the third ship you'll get out all 15 evenly in a day (4.5 hours / 24 hours in a day = 5(+0.33) voyage rounds x 3 ships = 15 voyages with a remainder of 1.5 hours).

So priority might actually weight more in favor of getting a third ship over the warehouse upgrade f you plan to transition into the scythe more over than getting the resource increase. Personally I think getting the warehouse is a higher priority because you can do the random low end mission you get and save the resources for later. Eh it's honestly a pretty even necessity no matter which way you see it.

Edit: also got my 2/4 tetsu chestplate scroll piece.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png