Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me:sell mith chain 1k

scammer:i buy

scammer trade

i put up the chain

scammer declines and asks for the chain first

(i know he wants to scam me by takin the chain and loggin off)

i have some fun with him

i take out 300k frm bank and put it with the mith chain

the guy quickly accepts

on the 2nd screen he accepts again

and i decline

scammer:thanks you ******* noob

and he logs off

i tell every1 in the bank

we all laugh like mad

i report the moron for abusive language lol

knight95007.png

Well I wasn't really scammed, but I was minding my own business, and some guy I never have met before pmed me and asked:

Him: hi can i have 20k free

Me: why should i give you 20k?

Him: because i protected u in wildy yesterday

Me: i never go to the wildy so its quite unlikely u did

Him: yea i did, im ur friend. i know you, ur nonmembers!

Me: well good luck being on my ignore list!

Kinda weird

Senuessa.gif

Well, I'm sure most of you know the new popular scam where someone takes you into the wildy, to "make a video of them KO'ing you". This happened to me twice, the first time, I picked up the items, and logged out. 4 free Torag Hammers ftw :D . The second time, the person tried to trade me the items, instead of them appearing on the ground. It was too risky because I had like 12 hp from them getting my hp down to "KO" me, so I had one of my friends come and try to kill the girl, but she logged.

Another time I almost got scammed was when I was going to sell 8k Bowstring. And of course the person wanted me to trade in the wildy, unlucky for me is that I didnt really know about this scam. But I was wearing full Lunar, so the spell just bounced off and I ran home. ::'

Soccer31691.png

*99 Fletching - June 16, 2007

*Quest Point Cape - January 5, 2008.

*Proud Owner of ALL Void Knight Helms and FULL Void Knight Armour

*Draconic Visage Drop - February 1st, 2008

I woke up this morning and checked my E-Mail, I Saw an E-mail from "Jagex" saying I was chosen to become a player mod, I checked the link in the E-mail and it happens to be a phising site...

Im just sharing this with all of you...

72izmds.jpg

6kyop43.jpg

Spread the word so nobody gets spammed!

Some people would fall for it... wow there are doing everything to get passwords for accounts now.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The person thats hosting the app on that site isn't the sharpest tool in the box either.

A simple look up on a 'who is' site provides the domain owners full name and postal address.

I guess they can look forward to some interesting mail from Jagex Towers in due course.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

I believe Jagex could actually take legal action against the domain owner, for copyright infringement, at the very least. I don't know if phishing is actually against the law, but that website certainly breaks copyright laws as it is exactly the same as the runescape website, including the "copyright information" at the bottom.

td2sig.jpg

Look at the 2nd screenie, on top it says: "Jagex Applications - Where your future is" - haha!

Anyway, nothing new & most people should be aware of this. :uhh:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Geez if I had to make a topic everytime I used to get such similar mail...

Who cares, those who fall for it SHOULD be keylogged. That's the only way they will ever learn. There are PLENTY of warnings from Jagex' side and tipit's side about these mails.

Fall for it and I couldn't care less if you'd get your stuff stolen on your account.

I believe Jagex could actually take legal action against the domain owner, for copyright infringement, at the very least. I don't know if phishing is actually against the law, but that website certainly breaks copyright laws as it is exactly the same as the runescape website, including the "copyright information" at the bottom.

Potentially the site owner could be charged with an offence against 1990 Computer Misuse Act as well.

Mind you, I'm guessing that would be the last thing on their mind if the person was faced with naive, but psychotic wannabe p-mod.

Something along these lines I would imagine. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

2039962591_baceb4f1ee.jpg

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg