Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stev

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stev

  1. You could always use Tip.It's map tool. It's a bit on the large side, but it gets the job done: Dungeoneering Map Tool A tad late but... DGSweeper has some very large updates headed its way. With such a large amount of interest in it (it'll hit 60,000 downloads in a few hours), it's been heavily optimised with some really huge plans for its future; things I never thought would happen when it was initially built for my pals in DGS. Some of these things involves other people aiding in certain areas of its development since my time to dedicate to it is limited. People who are capable of designing a DGSweeper for Macs have been asked and, from what I got out of the conversations, when their time isn't stretched so thin from school, they'd give it a go. Hell, I just bought a 790 page book about Java, to refresh my memory, and another on programming for Macs. Who knows. :P.
  2. Great idea! I'd like a link to that, please. As long as it's not a malicious site, Tip.It doesn't mind if you post links. We're not as strict as other.. Um.. Zybez. :P.
  3. Stev replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    My_Eggs, Send that to her.
  4. New hardest 1v1 boss, eh? I don't even wanna try it, it's so embarrassing.
  5. Can that update and the original post on this thread by funman please be edited on the first post? Done. :).
  6. I wouldn't use SwiftKit. All they'd really have to do is switch the URL it loads when you click, "Play RuneScape", to a phishing site and you wouldn't know any better. Wouldn't even need a keylogger. On a not-so-serious note... Great music. ;). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnONMzvZdQ
  7. If they had really listened to feedback, they wouldn't be cramming SoF down our throats every other day. In-fact, there wouldn't be any SoF at all.
  8. Keep in mind that any posts accusing someone of botting or cheating is against TIF's rules. Any posts doing so will be removed. Thanks!
  9. I liked the look of SGW at the end of the actual video. EDIT: I added the original Behind the Scenes video to your post Bly. Didn;t think you'd mind. ;).
  10. Switched the GUIs to be entirely object oriented (a lot faster and easier to manage). Changed functions like... _DGSweeper_Math_Format_Seconds(N){ H:=Floor(N/3600) N-=H*3600 M:=Floor(N/60) N-=M*60 S:=Floor(N) Return H " : " M " : " S } ...to... _DGSweeper_Math_Format_Seconds(N){ Return (H:=Floor(N/3600)) " : " (M:=Floor((N-H*3600)/60)) " : " N-H*3600-M*60 } ...which is 2x as fast. Wouldn't seem like much, but when it calculates it every 50ms, it adds up. Instead of it capturing and disposing of 2 bitmaps for the map and legend, it captures one and scans/crops it into 2. The math functions I was using to position/draw it were fast on most modern PCs but caused bad lag on older ones. This was the main cause of the CPU usage. GDI+, each time it redrew the utilities, would retrieve and store the resource image dimensions. This was so if I changed corner/border/background/etc images, the DGSweeper would not need updating. It'd still draw properly. This has changed dramatically. Previously the DGSweeper would... Get applet position and dimensions Move the DGSweeper's windows based on RuneScape's position ...but now... Get applet position and dimensions Now, because of the object oriented windows making it easier and faster, it only attempts to reposition it if it knows RuneScape has moved It would show/hide the windows each 50ms, even if they were already shown/hidden (just in-case one was supposed to be shown/hidden but wasn't). Again, because of object oriented GUIs making it easier, they only attempt to show/hide if it knows that they aren't shown/hidden when they should be. For example, RuneScape wasn't shown a second ago but it's visible now... Show the windows that should be open. It won't show/hide again until the state/position of RuneScape changes. I've updated the GDI+ library it was using to be a lot faster. Especially the functions used to display text. I use a better/faster method of locating the RuneScape applet. Everything is now handled in one object, _DGSweeper, where before there was _DGSweeper, _Resource, _Property. The method it uses to confirm if a map is present on the screen's been changed and runs a lot faster. The list goes on... :P. Sorry for such a long post on your thread, Kim!
  11. DirectX. Game is unplayable in software. Can't run in OpenGL or DGsweeper won't work. (Crashes my graphics drivers when they both run at the same time) It works one some computers with OpenGL. The problem it has is that OpenGL tries to display itself over transparent windows that overlay it (Including Skype popups) and the transparent/alwaysontop window tries to take back the spot on top. In my spare time, when I get an hour or so, I've been doing probably one of the biggest updates to DGSweeper yet. Mind you, I can only rarely get on, and when I do it's not for long. However, a lot of problems, including the one you mentioned, should be taken care of. It'll also require a lot less CPU. Sitting idle, DGSweeper 1.0.3.2, on my shitty PC, runs at 27% CPU. Bad, yeah, but that one's also got the absolute bare minimum specs for Windows XP (Specifically for testing). DGSweeper 1.0.3.3 (I may just call it 2.0) runs so smooth and so quickly that it rarely hits 1% CPU on that very same PC. It'll be so much lighter on your PC that hopefully you'll be able to properly use it on DirectX without crashing your graphics. ;). You won't notice much of a difference in its visual design... ...but 99% of the changes are under the hood. If you don't mind, what are your graphics specs?
  12. I'm simply arguing the logic/probability of mass bans existing. It makes no sense, seeing as how the people I know who've been banned using free-poorly-written-scripts have been banned within hours of using them.
  13. He has Squeal of Fortune in his a-log as well. RuneSpan + Squeal I guess. I haven't logged in to see RuneSpan XP rates yet... Are they really that good?
  14. Why do people think they do mass bans? Does it really make sense that Jagex collects thousands of accounts that are confirmed bots to simply ban them all in one day? Don't forget that people's memberships expiring and causing them to be taken off the hiscores is also a cause.
  15. Hey guys! There's been a thread about this for a few days now. If you wouldn't mind posting on that one, [15-May-2012] Stomp the Bosses!, so we can prevent multiple threads. I've moved you're posts into the other topic. :). Thanks!
  16. Stev replied to F3arNaught's topic in Tech and Computers
    *Moves to General Discussions » Tech and Computers* If you can think of a better forum, or would prefer it somewhere else, don't hesitate to PM myself or another mod/admin. :P. I'm hesitant to hop into any voice chat with people I don't know. The only ones I'm in are either with my clan or in DGS' Ventrillo. That's just because of what RSI mentioned. Used to PK and stake and was constantly losing my gear to DDoSes. Just be careful. :). If it smells fishy, it usually is. *Sniff*.
  17. A lot of their content is at least inspired by other games, books, movies, and various mythologies. Now that you mention this one, they do seem near identical. I wouldn't mind seeing a thread with more of these to show just where Jagex got their inspiration. ;). It was one of the interesting things I found with Rune Wiki, that they'd list this type of information. Also, I moved the thread to RuneScape » General Discussion. :).
  18. There are a large number of ways of obtaining someone's IP address. As there is no proof of which method was used, bickering back and forth will do nothing to help the situation; even if it's simply stated as a possibility. We are all for you educating people on ways to protect themselves by posting methods which could have been used, but please be sure not to point fingers. As far as the possibility of it being handed over by a TIF staff, Tripsis and MageUK were nice enough to correct and assure users that this wasn't the case. Although yes it could, even to the slightest degree, be considered a possibility. Thanks!
  19. http://www.runescape.com/splash.ws Still works. It's what I've always used when viewing the splash.
  20. You wouldn't pay 50M for a hex? I'd pay 250M+ in a heartbeat. GJ on the dungeoneering though, bud. Good to see you finally getting at it. Can't wait to get back on. Been with friends, had some appointments yesterday, a lot of stuff to fill out... But getting there! Missin' you guys. <3:.
  21. OMG, no way! So you're telling me 90% of members are using free spins for a chance at free stuff? If you put Juna into a tab, or even glass for flasks, troll invasion, or other daily/weekly crap, you'd probably find that 90% of members doing them too! Funny thing is, the other 10% are probably inactive members, such as myself. The stuff Jagex tells themselves to get away with crap is pathetic. I used to think they were just trying to blow up our asses with this crap, but I actually believe that even they are starting to believe the bull they're saying. Pathetic.
  22. Not touched Dungeoneering (Or RuneScape for that matter) in over 2 weeks. Go go go!
  23. It was one of the companies I used to aim for for a very long time. I'm sure I'd like to be a part of it now, but not as proud as I would have been in the past. I was planning on bringing a few things to RuneFest if it were to be in New York. ;). Pff, Jagex would be like who is dis scrub, we've had our heads too far up our own asses to meet the community. Grimy-poo, you sir just won the game. <3: you. :P.
  24. Only like a bajillion years late (sorry) but OMFG I LOVE YOU CHERREMY-POO! Trying to pass me while I'm gone. Tsk tsk. :P.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.