computer games stole my son

hockey0510

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet anyone here would rather hang out with friends than click on a screen once in a while

You obviously don't know most of RS.

Now he's white

Did anyone else find this incredibly hilarious?

If his sister moved out before the parents found out you'd think she'd had the commonsense to tell them. If not, she should had at least stayed to help.

This is a sickness, called "I can't take the flipin blame for ruening my childs life" syndrom. It is something my former gardian is known for. I hate all parents that would rather play the blame game than look at themselves and ask "what could I have done better?". But nope, not for them. :notalk:

My grandma, who I lived with, would rather say I was possesed by demons (thats what she thought made me move out of her house when i turned 18... :roll: ), than admit she was wrong in her ways. She did not realize that she beat my little brother up because of him trashing the house, was simply because she did not take the time to supervise him, and make sure he was not in trouble. And that is just one example. :x

You all talk about the degrading of the general RS comunity, and may i tell you, its not just the comunity that is degrading. The vary act of parenthood is turning into a carnival of broken families, abandoned children, child abuse...the list goes on and on. Man, this world is so [bleep]ed up... :evil:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

I blame the child, too be honest he needs to show some more self control, juist because he is 15 and wants too try out new things doesn't mean that he has to just instantly become addicted to it, what would of happened if every 15 year old kid had their first marijuana joint or cigerette even and gone off and become full "pot addicts" just because they liked it? This kid needs to learn some self control :-s

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

16 hours a day is pretty bad. I've done it a few times but I didn't put anything off to play that amount of time, I just simply had nothing better to do with it. but 16 hours every day is tooooo much. Thats the kind of person that needs some intervention. It's not hard to quit rs but alot of people don't see it as an addiction and therefore don't take action against it. Not everyone can break it themselves because they don't see their own errors. If a loved one is spending tooo much time on the game you should show them you love them by stopping them.

Smokeing killed my father and raped my mother. But seriously. If his parents cant lay down the law and direct his way of life or thinking. Well then he and them fail together as a family.

I blame the kid.

You're 15 you moron, gather up some responsibility and get off the #*$&%$@ computer.

I mean, they definitely aren't exactly A-class parents, but what the hell is that kid doing playing 16 hours a day? If he's got a problem that he's avoiding by playing, he needs to frikking man up and face it, instead of draining his worthless life into a game. Loser.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Has someone already typed this up? If not I will.

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Since when does playing for 14 hours a day show an addiction? I play for up to 15 hours sometimes, why? Because I can, and because I have nothing better to do.

If you play RS for 14-15 hours a day -- you're addicted.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is WRONG with this family? They have NO communication and NO control over their children, I may be addicted to runescape but not THAT addicted!(im actually considering quitting)

Edit: This also makes me consider about a law that requires a license to become a parent...(take a test and if you pass you can be a parent) I have thought of this for a long time, I might actually DO something about it eventuly, or someone else will...

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Since when does playing for 14 hours a day show an addiction? I play for up to 15 hours sometimes, why? Because I can, and because I have nothing better to do.

If you play RS for 14-15 hours a day -- you're addicted.

~q

Agreed. I bet you cant go a month without RS.

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Noob Sammich, i have been going a month without RuneScape. I hardly ever play anymore, but I still do go on forums and look at the updates. I feel sorry for the son, but its his fault. His parent's are partly to blame, but the majority of the blame falls onto the son. Maybe if he went through therapy he might get a little better, but I'd never play for 16 hours straight anything. Except maybe halo 3 when it comes out...

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

In my opinion it's not all runescape's fault. One of my pet peeves is when parents rant about how their children are "addicted" to runescape, when half the reason they are addicted is because of the parent's lack of discipline.

Ok, sure runescape is addictive, like every other game. I can't argue with that because it is entirely true. But what was said in the article- the kid wouldn't go school for 2 months? Isn't that the result of bad parenting? Slap your kid on the bottom for god's sake and teach him a lesson. Don't listen to him if he yells and screams at you, making threats to leave the house; the bottom line is it's for his own good. If I had kids I would NEVER let them play 16 hours a day. 16 hours of gameplay, 2 hours for meals, and 6 hours of sleep? That's insanely horrible for anyone's health.

If I met that father I would slap him in the face. I'm quite disgusted of hearing parents complaining about their children falling into the wrath of runescape when it was really half their fault in the first place.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

am i the only one that wonders the kids stats?

no kidding eh?! 16 hours a day rofl, i think we all have the right to call this kid a NO LYFER, parents=phail! kid=no lyfer! swaggeh=|337.

By what i read this kid is not a member...holy cow i cant last 10 mins in f2p let alone 16 hrs!? and yeh jordan, you phail at being a dad. :roll:

Let your yellow mellow.

ad hominem is an adjective btw, not a noun.

and he goes to a community college...therefore, he's not very smart by my standards. If he was smart, he'd probably go to a decent school. People who are intelligent don't usually volunteer to go to a community college...because it's a community college.

1) Cool, got it.

2) Gee, water is wet. Some people don't volunteer, but because there are other factors. As I said: other reasons. People have such silly standards nowadays.

EDit: in my haste to post my anger i didnt read many posts and it would appear what i said has been said 50 times already so i will add this, if the child hates school because of bullying or w/e it is down to the parents to TALK to the child and find out these problems and then offer advise, talk to teacher, sue the school or w/e(its America). The child obviously isn't in a happy place if he's spending all his time on his own and skipping school.

Maybe not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth%2C_Western_Australia

I am a tree.

You know, I've been playing runescape for 4 years, and every day after school, I'd play rs, I would play non-stop in the summer, I kept my 90%s in school, I am under-weight by like 30 lbs, I have good posture, I'm always told how I am a happy child, yet runescape is 2/3s of my life.

Some of these stories of dropping grades, weight gain, and all that seem to me like bull crap.

I hardly even believed this article. C'mon, turn off the internet, put a pass on the comp, I'm sure after 3 days of violence the darn kid would stop being violent, content with himself, be stuck up for about a week, then he'd start to change back. Honestly, the parents need to go and get help themselves.