who holds the true power in runescape? MELLE!

fireside8

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

That's right, its so cheap fast and easy to train melle, and guess what, it's the best monster killer by far in the long run.

Why would anyone become a pure Ranger or Mage is beyond me.

Open to discussion, how to get through the game without raising attk and str let me know

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

becoming a range/mage tank? def > atk/str imo....and that combo with bolts and ancients is deadly to any1 ur attacking.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Melle, huh? Isn't that a frosting? Like marzipan, but for those with weak constitutions?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Number one, it's called Melee.

Number two, pure rangers and mages hit higher. I've seen a ranger hit 47 in Bounty Hunter. I've seen mages hit around 20-30 with Ancients fairly easily. Plus, melee takes forever to train.

Number three, all of us lazy people are gonna train melee.

Why is this even here?

wow.jpg

Glad to know my homies are looking out for me.

Everything has a reason behind it (yes, including life), and that includes range and magic.

Melee, range, and magic all have their pros and cons about them. No use trying to say melee is better than the other two.

Have a nice day! Remember, duckies go moo.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm a pure ranger, I suppose.

Why did I train it? I like the idea of having almost themed characters. I never roleplay, but I plan to get my range maxed out, followed by fletching, woodcutting and agility. I guess I just like the concept. Runescape is really the only MMORPG where you can be a "master" of every skill.

Melee might be easier to use in certain situations, but I believe in PvP that I generally have the advantage. I'm going to be 99 Range and 70 Def, and under 90 combat without summ. I think that's a pretty powerful character, and it's perfectly balanced, unlike a 99 att 1 def 99 str meleer.

melee has the ags, dragon claws and the dragon dagger.

range has the dark bow

magic has ancients. (maybe magic needs an update?)

Dragon bolts are more dangerous than Dark Bow.

They hit consistantly high, and your opponant never knows when you will hit a random 50+

melee has the ags, dragon claws and the dragon dagger.

range has the dark bow

magic has ancients. (maybe magic needs an update?)

Dragon bolts are more dangerous than Dark Bow.

They hit consistantly high, and your opponant never knows when you will hit a random 50+

Dark Bow is usually used for its special to kill then switched back to the main weapon if necessary.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Number one, it's called Melee.

Number two, pure rangers and mages hit higher. I've seen a ranger hit 47 in Bounty Hunter. I've seen mages hit around 20-30 with Ancients fairly easily. Plus, melee takes forever to train.

Number three, all of us lazy people are gonna train melee.

Why is this even here?

Range/Mage doesn't hit higher than melee at all. Mage has a max of 32, 30 if we're being realistic. Getting a max hit out of all the ammunitions in Range is very difficult (mainly talking about dragon/onyx bolts there), but I think dark bow hits ~84? One in a million chance of getting max due to two seperate hits aswell. Melee has godswords hitting in 70's, dharoks hitting 110+ PvM, DDS hitting 90+, etc.

Anyway, melee isn't as overpowered as people make it out to be. It isn't all about max hits. Range and mage both have extremely high accuracy while melee at times can be all hitting 0's. Range has the combination of accuracy, speed and powerfull hits. Mage has extremely high accuracy, stat nerfs and ancient spell combos. Mage is a bit below the rest, not by as much as people think.

The reason why melee is so preffered in boss hunting is because mains tend to favour it more (it is cheaper after all) and you can virtually melee in any armour. Melee, range and mage. With range your stuck in d hides and mage in robes.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Erm, I range and Mage.

*points at signature*

Yep, solo hilt when they were 141m and a magical combat guide. Can melee kill 7 people at once? All of whom are attacking you? Magic can. Range is cheap and extremly effective in both PvP and PvM. I infact no longer own a whip, no use for it. If I don't have a bow/staff/wand, I'm wielding my gold castle wars sword. Melee is useful, but it doesn't blow away any other class. Want proof? PM me, and suit up for combat.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Erm, I range and Mage.

*points at signature*

Yep, solo hilt when they were 141m and a magical combat guide. Can melee kill 7 people at once? All of whom are attacking you?

Dragon Two hander.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

sorry range if so much better

range has the darkbow which can one hit along with onyx and d stone bolts

and the obvious fact of being a ranged attack

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

While this image is grossly oversized for signature purposes, it does sum my opinion on ranged vs. melee nicely :P

378414193_ace0b2bb8a_o.gif