200M in all Skills

Makilio

Buy from www.newegg.com and you'll save a few hundred bucks at the same time. I have a desktop with a Radeon HD 5770, a 2009 card I think, that runs RS at 50 FPS np. The card is still manufactured I think and costs only $99. The Radeon HD 6770 is basically the same thing rebranded and costs a lot more. You may not be able to find a computer on newegg with the 5770, idk. The general cards, if you're dealing with AMD/ATI Radeon, is to focus on the 4800+, 5700+, or 6700+ cards. 7000 series is just starting to come out, with several cards coming out in February, but they'll be more expensive. The 6000 series should become cheaper as well. If you get a 7000 series card, 7600+ would probably be good. I recommend AMD over Nvidia because it's more bang for your buck. My own desktop tower only cost me like $730 and that has a 6-core processor too lol. There's really no reason to spend over $1k on a desktop tower since you can get desktops with 6900+ cards for about that price.

GPU barely matters, I can max RS on my Intel HD 3000. What matters is single core speed; Runescape only runs on a single core which means 6 cores in your case won't help at all, you want the fastest possible cores which are Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge.

An i3 2100 paired with a 5770 would max Runescape fine, and if anyone reading this is buying I suggest a Z68 chipset to allow upgrading to a 2500k or Ivy Bridge in future.

Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8ghz. Turbo brings it up to 3.3ghz. Far more than needed... I didn't mention CPU because it is really irrelevant tbh. My netbook with an atom processor can play RS on Software, although recent updates have made it particularly low framerate. OpenGL/DirectX modes use the CPU even less. You don't need a high end video card to run RS, but even a medium card will provide better results than getting a medium CPU. If I'm on a laptop, I'd take an AMD A-series integrated card (more graphics based) over an Intel HD integrated card (more general processing based) any day.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Buy from www.newegg.com and you'll save a few hundred bucks at the same time. I have a desktop with a Radeon HD 5770, a 2009 card I think, that runs RS at 50 FPS np. The card is still manufactured I think and costs only $99. The Radeon HD 6770 is basically the same thing rebranded and costs a lot more. You may not be able to find a computer on newegg with the 5770, idk. The general cards, if you're dealing with AMD/ATI Radeon, is to focus on the 4800+, 5700+, or 6700+ cards. 7000 series is just starting to come out, with several cards coming out in February, but they'll be more expensive. The 6000 series should become cheaper as well. If you get a 7000 series card, 7600+ would probably be good. I recommend AMD over Nvidia because it's more bang for your buck. My own desktop tower only cost me like $730 and that has a 6-core processor too lol. There's really no reason to spend over $1k on a desktop tower since you can get desktops with 6900+ cards for about that price.

GPU barely matters, I can max RS on my Intel HD 3000. What matters is single core speed; Runescape only runs on a single core which means 6 cores in your case won't help at all, you want the fastest possible cores which are Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge.

An i3 2100 paired with a 5770 would max Runescape fine, and if anyone reading this is buying I suggest a Z68 chipset to allow upgrading to a 2500k or Ivy Bridge in future.

My computer's managed to split it over multiple cores, since I watch it do it. Every once in a while, you can tell its all on one core becuase that one will be near max and the others will all be near idle, but most of the time they balance out, or at least most of them do, and if you look at the cpu usage for Java, its using a lot more resources than any one core is reporting at a given time.

How? Jagex has multi-core support disabled.

500px-MultiCoreChrisE.png

patr1ckotg1.png

I'm trying to find the % of success when opening urns at Pyramid Plunder.

Can anyone explain me how to calculate the margin of error?

I have so far 477 data points: based in 151 urns I failed 326 times.

That gives me 68.3% accuracy.

My question is what's the margin of error of this? Back when Xensure/Thai was making their model, I remenber Xensure post saying that would need 5k tasks tracked to have a x% margin of error.

How people calculate this margin of error and the sample needed?

Thanks in advance.

My question is what's the margin of error of this? Back when Xensure/Thai was making their model, I remenber Xensure post saying that would need 5k tasks tracked to have a x% margin of error.

Thanks in advance.

From your post, what you describe as accuracy, seems to be a failure rate. (This does not matter for the margin of error, but it's something to keep in mind.)

This margin of error you're talking about is known as a 'confidence interval' in statistics. For this particular application, you'll want confidence intervals for the binomial distribution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_proportion_confidence_interval

In this case, the 95% confidence interval is:

0.683 +- 1.96*sqrt(0.683*(1-0.683)/{number of trials}) = 0.683 +- 1.96*sqrt(0.683*(1-0.683)/477) = 0.683 +- 0.042

So, with 95% certainity you can say the failure rate is between 64.1% and 72.5%

If you want to know, for example, how large your sample should be to know with 95% certainity, the failure rate within 1%, you solve 0.01/2 = 1.96*sqrt((0.683*(1-0.683))/n) (wolfram alpha says n=33269.9)

Aurei_Animus.png

Thanks in advance.

From your post, what you describe as accuracy, seems to be a failure rate. (This does not matter for the margin of error, but it's something to keep in mind.)

This margin of error you're talking about is known as a 'confidence interval' in statistics. For this particular application, you'll want confidence intervals for the binomial distribution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_proportion_confidence_interval

0.683 +- 1.96*sqrt(0.683*(1-0.683)/{number of trials}) = 0.683 +- 1.96*sqrt(0.683*(1-0.683)/477) = 0.683 +- 0.042

If you want to know, for example, how large your sample should be to know with 95% certainity, the failure rate within 1%, you solve 0.01/2 = 1.96*sqrt((0.683*(1-0.683))/n) (wolfram alpha says n=33269.9)

Sorry but... What's sqrt?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but... What's sqrt?

square root

Aurei_Animus.png

[spoiler=quote tree]

My computer's managed to split it over multiple cores, since I watch it do it. Every once in a while, you can tell its all on one core becuase that one will be near max and the others will all be near idle, but most of the time they balance out, or at least most of them do, and if you look at the cpu usage for Java, its using a lot more resources than any one core is reporting at a given time.

Not sure, I just know that the Java usage is actually more than any one of my cores can handle. 23% usage, which is the processes norm when playing RuneScape, would represent ~4GHz of usage. The individual cores can do 2.9 each, and the highest they run for runescape is ~65% (only one, the others are all lower). Unless the java process itself includes a lot more than just the game, and the game is being put on one core while everything else related to the java process is being run through the others. My laptop shows the same thing on its dual core, where starting the game nearly maxes them both out, not just one. So I'm not sure what their doing, but the extra cores seem to be doing something related to the game.

Going to try sticking this on again, in the hope it isn't buried in a sea of rage.

I've been looking around at basically top-spec gaming computers (which I could find in 5 mins on google, so maybe not the best) and they come can cost anywhere between £500 and £5,000+...

So what do all the top players use, I know Runescape isn't the best in graphics, but it's coming along nicely :P

Also, what about peripherals, I'm guessing Suomi isn't on a touchpad :D

Thinking about what to spend my £1 million lottery win on, when I win it :unsure:

I just ordered this laptop today: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Laptop+-+Silver/4700082.p?id=1218509235220&skuId=4700082

I needed a good portable computer and this should be more than enough to run RS max settings fullscreen 50FPS, only $400 too. :)

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

My dad is running a Dell XPS 3D gaming laptop. Whereas I have a 18 month old Sony VAIO. He doesn't even play any games or have any 3D DVDs it seems a bit unfair....

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

Does internet connection affect fps too?

No, it affects your ping, or lag, if you will.

http://gyazo.com/d2e93a3642e2b66b25e29e4253b8e819

http://gyazo.com/41af510baee766cab4a2d34704a5e2a8

That's my computers specs, I don't see why i'm constantly around 5 fps, I have horrible internet but if that doesn't affect it then I don't know why

Climate.png

[spoiler=quote tree]

Not sure, I just know that the Java usage is actually more than any one of my cores can handle. 23% usage, which is the processes norm when playing RuneScape, would represent ~4GHz of usage. The individual cores can do 2.9 each, and the highest they run for runescape is ~65% (only one, the others are all lower). Unless the java process itself includes a lot more than just the game, and the game is being put on one core while everything else related to the java process is being run through the others. My laptop shows the same thing on its dual core, where starting the game nearly maxes them both out, not just one. So I'm not sure what their doing, but the extra cores seem to be doing something related to the game.

The load on the other cores is the JVM overhead. If you type displayfps in the console ingame and look at the memory usage, the fact it increases then decreases rapidly implies the garbage collector is going to town.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Does internet connection affect fps too?

No, it affects your ping, or lag, if you will.

http://gyazo.com/d2e93a3642e2b66b25e29e4253b8e819

http://gyazo.com/41af510baee766cab4a2d34704a5e2a8

That's my computers specs, I don't see why i'm constantly around 5 fps, I have horrible internet but if that doesn't affect it then I don't know why

Are you using Safe Mode, Software, OpenGL, or DirectX? Safe Mode with textures on would give you 5 FPS no matter how good a computer you were on. With what you've got, I'd highly recommend you play in DirectX for best performance. You'll get better rates in that than Software too.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Started wcing arctics today on my way to 83 for curly roots so I can max out fm. Best method I've found so far is the "light" then click back on tree so the logs just drop but don't burn. And it takes place in one tick so no time lost.

Can anyone recommend another method or am I doing it right?

Peace,

Vann

Sandy Bridge is a lot more expensive too. :P

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

I just have to, sorry.

1) 5770 is not being manufactured anymore.

2) Well, 6770 and 5770 are pretty much the same, but 6770 has HDMI 1.4a which allows displaying 3D picture.

3) You'd be stupid to go for the older generation of cards, you suggesting HD4000 series is like me suggesting you to buy a 2008 year car brand new, today, where as newer, more powerful/efficient models are availiable.

4) Only HD7950 is dated to come out in February so far and of course they are going to be more expensive as they are newer and on a new technology (28nm)

5) Usually when a new line launches, they stop producing the old ones, HD6000 series will only get cheaper because the retailers want to deplete their stocks to be able to get new cards in.

6) Any card will be good for just playing RS, but if you plan on actually playing games on the pc, I'd go for at least 7950, which is a step up from 6950. To be honest, I'd actually wait for nVidia kepler GPU-s first to see what they have to offer.

7) For $730 you got a LGA1366 processor which is a rather bad deal unless you got it in 2010. Sandy Bridge is so much better than Gulftown or Bloomfield, even with its only 4 cores.

And to NoHopeLeft, 2500k can easily be fitted on any LGA1155 board, doesn't have to be Z68. P67 and Z68 are just the ones which are able to fully utilize the overclocking potential.

classic-76561198015681283.png

Sandy bridge <3 Also you can get a GTX 560 relatively cheaply today, and theyre great cards for general gaming, and will have no problem maxing out RS.

Opinions:

Dapledo to 100m all first

- or -

Suomi to 200m all first

???

**note** this does assume that Dapledo will go for 100m dungeon at some point.

Definitely Dapledo. 100m slayer will get him 100m runecrafting and nearly 100m summoning. At that point he has prayer, which is very fast, and dungeoneering. I remember someone saying a while ago that he has quite a bit of time to play, so I'd guess he'll hit 100m alll around halfway through the year perhaps.

Asmodean <3