12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

-1 month later- Skiller back down to rank 500-1000 because everyone else has caught up to 99 dungeon and has more total xp. At least he got his 1 month of RS fame.

You have probably no idea how wrong you are.

he was rank 20 before dung

also dung max of 50k/h, he took abuot 25 days meaning about 500k a day so 10h a day isnt hard

i see it as a total waste to do all that with 35 prestige, cuz once u can get 50 prestige it will be 3x faster

while skiller took about 300 hours, by waiting for batch 2 im guessing 69-99 will take around 150 hours

Where are you even getting this from that there will be a batch 2 or even go up to 50 prestige?

you dont read Q&A's do you? first off there is a batch 2 and its quite a large addition, similar to what batch 2 did to amp summoing

also they announced floors will go past 35, floor 50 is an assumption of mine because its a nice number and if u folo the pattern floor 50 would require exactly 99 dungeoneering to acess, fitting i guess and wouldnt surprise me if it went to 50+

they mentioned "high level content" also

a_final_name.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 4 replies to one question in one minute xD

Hopefully he understands now lol.

Thanks. So many answers so fast. Next time I have an income tax question, I know where to come.

ZING!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

99 already???

Calling shared account right now.

Could it be any more obvious on a skill thats like 10-20k an hr tops.

Grats team skiller. :roll:

What the hell are you talking about? It's 50k xp/hr if you do large maps with a team of 5 people.

He's just jealous, lol.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

If you don't have an Elysian or a Divine, would getting the maul for MHing be better than getting the CLS?

MH'ing is a very general term. Are you speaking of boss hunting, or slayer/general monster hunting?

If boss hunting, which boss; since a maul wont do you any good at DK's since you hardly melee there, and some bosses are weak enough CLS isn't as proficient as the Rapier.

I know two people with chaos items (one with rapier and one with CLS). From what I have been told by them, the rapier seams to work really well with damage output combined with a defender. 600+ at whip speed and semi-accurate hits. CLS however has the benefit of more attack bonus and can hack away at those tougher to hit bosses such as Bandos or KQ while really piling on some damage.

To be honest, and unless someone proves this otherwise, im pretty sure CLS or Rapier + defender can outperform maul on everything except PvP. The maul has a high damage output, but is far to slow to make it effective against NPC's. Really its like comparing an obby maul to a dragon scimitar. Sure the maul hits hard, but against bosses the DPS on the scimitar outperforms it. The only place the maul might be of use on bosses is where you are competing for outhitting your opponent and only get 1 swing to do so, such as w6 bandos.

If you ever plan to do BH or pvp though, you may want to consider that maul.

-1 month later- Skiller back down to rank 500-1000 because everyone else has caught up to 99 dungeon and has more total xp. At least he got his 1 month of RS fame.

also dung max of 50k/h, he took abuot 25 days meaning about 500k a day so 10h a day isnt hard

i see it as a total waste to do all that with 35 prestige, cuz once u can get 50 prestige it will be 3x faster

while skiller took about 300 hours, by waiting for batch 2 im guessing 69-99 will take around 150 hours

Where are you even getting this from that there will be a batch 2 or even go up to 50 prestige?

you dont read Q&A's do you? first off there is a batch 2 and its quite a large addition, similar to what batch 2 did to amp summoing

also they announced floors will go past 35, floor 50 is an assumption of mine because its a nice number and if u folo the pattern floor 50 would require exactly 99 dungeoneering to acess, fitting i guess and wouldnt surprise me if it went to 50+

There will most likely be 60 floors and maybe a special final floor.

69 = 35

79= 40

89 = 45

99 = 50

109 = 55

119 = 60 ( or maybe you'll unlock 60th at 120)

120 = special final floor(?)

Also, excluding M&T letters, the journal has just enough space for another 25 floors/notes if the rate of getting the notes doesn't change after floor 35.

And if that isn't enough there is still 12 missing tier 11 drops. (primal: plate, chain, longsword, spear, 2h, legs and baxe. Celestial: top and bottom, Sagittarian: Body, chaps, shortbow.) That means there should be 12 new bosses. Jagex has confirmed that there will be 2 new environments like the already existing frozen,abadoned and furnished environments. The policy of giving you three new bosses at the start of a new environment will most likely stay for the remaining two new areas (Frozen: g. behemoth, astea, icy bones. Abadoned: skeletal horde, bulwark, geomancer. Furnished: Stomp, Rammernaut, riftsplitter). The 6 level gap between new bosses will most likely stay too. This would mean that after pummeler there will be eight 6level gaps between new bosses.

Something like this:

71: new area, 3 new bosses.

77: new boss

83: new boss

89: new boss

95: new area, 3 new bosses

101: new boss

107: new boss

113: new boss.

(120: Special floor, with special boss, no bindable drops, or something special that isn't a primal, sagittarian or celestial item )

69 = 35

79= 40

89 = 45

99 = 50

109 = 55

Also, excluding M&T letters, the journal has just enough space for another 25 floors/notes if the rate of getting the notes doesn't change after floor 35.

And if that isn't enough there is still 12 missing tier 11 drops. (primal: plate, chain, longsword, spear, 2h, legs and baxe. Celestial: top and bottom, Sagittarian: Body, chaps, shortbow.) That means there should be 12 new bosses. Jagex has confirmed that there will be 2 new environments like the already existing frozen,abadoned and furnished environments. The policy of giving you three new bosses at the start of a new environment will most likely stay for the remaining two new areas (Frozen: g. behemoth, astea, icy bones. Abadoned: skeletal horde, bulwark, geomancer. Furnished: Stomp, Rammernaut, riftsplitter). The 6 level gap between new bosses will most likely stay too. This would mean that after pummeler there will be eight 6level gaps between new bosses.

Something like this:

(120: Special floor, with special boss, no bindable drops, or something special that isn't a primal, sagittarian or celestial item )

All this logic is very good but...are they really going to add a new floor design for people over 95 dungeoneering and 2 bosses that need more than 25m dungeoneering xp? Somehow i think floors won't go up to the full 120, and bosses only go up to level 99.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

What would be the point of non bindable boss drops?

The last boss on my list would be the 13th boss so it shouldn't have any new drops at that point. That's what I meant by "no bindable drops". Sure it could have a special bindable drop that isn't mentioned anywhere yet but I don't think that's very likely.

69 = 35

79= 40

89 = 45

99 = 50

109 = 55

Something like this:

All this logic is very good but...are they really going to add a new floor design for people over 95 dungeoneering and 2 bosses that need more than 25m dungeoneering xp? Somehow i think floors won't go up to the full 120, and bosses only go up to level 99.

Yeah I've thought about that but it would be really silly if they'd make a skill with 120 level cap with no content at all between levels 100-120. I believe there will be 60 floors because:

1.) Jagex said that dungeoneering is an end game skill/content

2.) It would be stupid to not get any exp.rate boosts after level 100.

3.) It would be super stupid if there isn't any content at all between levels 100-120. Really, raising the level cap from 99 to 120 just so you could grind 90m exp for nothing but levels would be something so dumb that even jagex shouldn't be able to do that.

Dungeoneering skillcape emote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPTtvgn2GI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPTtvgn2GI

1 minute response ftw ^

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

69 = 35

79= 40

89 = 45

99 = 50

109 = 55

Something like this:

Yeah I've thought about that but it would be really silly if they'd make a skill with 120 level cap with no content at all between levels 100-120. I believe there will be 60 floors because:

1.) Jagex said that dungeoneering is an end game skill/content

2.) It would be stupid to not get any exp.rate boosts after level 100.

3.) It would be super stupid if there isn't any content at all between levels 100-120. Really, raising the level cap from 99 to 120 just so you could grind 90m exp for nothing but levels would be something so dumb that even jagex shouldn't be able to do that.

actualy i think the 13th boss would drop the 1 item there isnt in daemonheim, a cape! something pretty good thats automaticly binded

the skillcape is a showing of talent outside daemonheim, why not show that uve beat the last boss inside daemonheim? aslo autobind drop would own, or just bind it urself

and as the only cape in the whole thing, similar to blood necklace (only ammy) it would have to be pretty good like 10 str 10 prayer, some special effect like poison immunity or ring of life to fremmy dude once per game

a_final_name.png

actualy i think the 13th boss would drop the 1 item there isnt in daemonheim, a cape! something pretty good thats automaticly binded

the skillcape is a showing of talent outside daemonheim, why not show that uve beat the last boss inside daemonheim? aslo autobind drop would own, or just bind it urself

and as the only cape in the whole thing, similar to blood necklace (only ammy) it would have to be pretty good like 10 str 10 prayer, some special effect like poison immunity or ring of life to fremmy dude once per game

There are several amulets - at least 3. You are right though, there is no cape.

1zml2md.png

:mellow:

Explain?

It's opaque, like the Ghostly Robes. What else could it be but the Cloak of Shadows referenced in the notes?

As above, Squisher could be right. The Cloak of Shadows sounds rather powerful, and isn't in the game yet. It's a cloak, which would be by itself in that slot.

2dgucz6.png

I think any skillcapes, or at the very least the Dungeoneering one, can and should be taken down with you inside the dungeons.

Why not use these as a symbol, to find teams easier and such?

Also, since there's no cape, these can do.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I love my arcane stream necklace <3: It's amazing at DKs.

Also, I agree with the skillcape idea. It'd really help out pures like my level 80 friend with 88 strength and 8x range/mage. He has trouble finding parties because of his low level. Everyone knows a skiller when they see one, but pures are harder to seek out.

Stereotypes:

Level 3 with witty name: Skiller

Level 130+: Experienced dungeoneer (most of the time), invite now!

Level 70-110: generic noob who will whine for armor and runes a lot, and take all the salve eels

I love my arcane stream necklace <3: It's amazing at DKs.

Also, I agree with the skillcape idea. It'd really help out pures like my level 80 friend with 88 strength and 8x range/mage. He has trouble finding parties because of his low level. Everyone knows a skiller when they see one, but pures are harder to seek out.

Stereotypes:

Level 3 with witty name: Skiller

Level 130+: Experienced dungeoneer (most of the time), invite now!

Level 70-110: generic noob who will whine for armor and runes a lot, and take all the salve eels

I resent those stereotypes; it makes it extremely difficult to find a competent team, even on the higher floors where I clearly have at least some experience. I have seen my fair share of incompetent Level 130s as well (you're angry about how I'm a low level? You're not even fighting with us!).

I just bought an arcane stream necklace...

...and um... what does it mean, "your spell draws its power completely from your staff?" (while wilding SoL)

...I'm getting this message every time a target comes into melee range. What the hell. :angry:

Edit: Um nevermind. I think I understand now :oops: Haven't used my SoL much. I actually thought Jagex pulled a [bleep] move and limited the necklace's power somehow (easy mistake to make tbh). :lol: I guess I was just getting really, REALLY lucky with the SoL's rune saving goodness.

I don't get why you keep saying it's better for bosses/shades when you can just make up for the lack of mage defense by praying deflect magic. This completely nullifies the advantage of your tyranno-hide.

No, it doesn't -- shades appear to use a magic-based ranged attack as well, and leather armor is much more effective at blocking it, in my experience.

As for bosses, protection prayers are effective against few of them.

PS My personal "meh" to those who glorify video game no-lifing.

Shades have two attacks, indicated by the two different colors. One of them is a magical attack and the other is a ranged attack.

I don't get why you keep saying it's better for bosses/shades when you can just make up for the lack of mage defense by praying deflect magic. This completely nullifies the advantage of your tyranno-hide.

No, it doesn't -- shades appear to use a magic-based ranged attack as well, and leather armor is much more effective at blocking it, in my experience.

As for bosses, protection prayers are effective against few of them.

PS My personal "meh" to those who glorify video game no-lifing.

Shades have two attacks, indicated by the two different colors. One of them is a magical attack and the other is a ranged attack.

Right, I believe what Qeltar was trying to say was the shade's range attack is magic based in much the same way as bloodveld's melee attack is magic based. Weather this is true or not I can't say, as I haven't used leather bodies. Regardless though, there are so many more monsters in the dungeon that use melee. Shades are really the only problem with melee armor. I can live with that.

The shade's ranged attack will wreck the **** out of you in melee armor. Therefore, I agree with Qeltar's assumption that it is indeed a magic-based ranged attack. It's probably the same as the waterfiends' ranged attack, albeit much more powerful.

td2sig.jpg

Yeah I really hate shades... though the only ones that really start to give me problems are the 111s and up. Don't really even need to use protection prayers on the 90s, just flash soul split + turmoil. On the 111s I just pray mage and that takes care of half the damage.