Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I really wasn't aware that I was playing something else. Thank you. :)

Let me translate that for you:

"Welcome to Runescape, the way it was intended to be, and not the way it was forced to be."

Before old wilderness and free trade removal it was called runescape.

After it, it was still called runescape. (No, not ruinedscape, you clown.)

*cough* Golvellius *cough*

It's his favorite word.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wasn't aware that I was playing something else. Thank you. :)

Let me translate that for you:

"Welcome to Runescape, the way it was intended to be, and not the way it was forced to be."

Before old wilderness and free trade removal it was called runescape.

After it, it was still called runescape. (No, not ruinedscape, you clown.)

*cough* Golvellius *cough*

It's his favorite word.

ok...........................

and?

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Even if every single "yes" voter, voted on EIGHT different accounts each, if they could only vote ONE TIME, PERIOD, the amount of yes's would still be higher than the amount of no's.

So enough of that excuse please.

And that is assuming the people who vote no don't vote on multiple accounts ;) so the excuse was void from the beggining.

crossed_body.png

Yeah, I've really stopped caring about this any more.

Because knowing Jagex, they'll find some way to implement it in a way that sucks horribly for the people who were really excited for it pretty much everyone. :thumbup:

If they considered the idea of keeping PvP worlds and letting the Wildy loose on those worlds, and just kept it simple for once, they'd satisfy everyone.

In a way, the nature of poll sums up the typically nonchalant, blasé attitude Jagex takes to the execution of their updates. Being part of the 8% that opposes this currently, the dilemma I find myself in is that, actually, I agree Free Trade should be brought back in so long as botting can be controlled, and if Jagex say this can be done, and I have no evidence to the contrary, then I've got no good reason to keep Free Trade out. Why restrict people when there's no rational basis for doing so? The problem I have though, is that I'm vehemently opposed to bringing back PKing. Contrary to what some people on this thread may want to imply about anyone who opposes how the Wilderness once was, I played the game for two years before PKing was abolished, I actually did see what the Wilderness was like, and I cannot allow myself to stand by and allow immature, trollish e-gangsters to soil the general community and ruin the gaming experience yet again, no matter how promising Free Trade would be.

On the other hand, if those people were kept on worlds away from those of us who want nothing to do with them, I really don't care what they can get up to. It's their life; but knowing Jagex, it's either all in or nothing at all - much like the way in which PKing and Free Trade was removed in the first place. Main issue is: I can't vote for Free Trade unless I also vote for PKing. Why can't I just vote for Free Trade?

Contrary to what some people on this thread may want to imply about anyone who opposes how the Wilderness once was, I played the game for two years before PKing was abolished, I actually did see what the Wilderness was like, and I cannot allow myself to stand by and allow immature, trollish e-gangsters to soil the general community and ruin the gaming experience yet again, no matter how promising Free Trade would be.

Cool generalisation bro.

By the way, pkers could easily be avoided anywhere in the wilderness if you were on an empty, "non-pking" world (yes, there were worlds where people gathered for pking). I'm sorry if you occasionally die during a clue scroll, but that happens with revs anyway.

In fact, revs are even more annoying, since they poison, tb and freeze you. Pkers in empty worlds hunting for clue scrollers usually didn't even have 3 items, lol.

crossed_body.png

On the other hand, if those people were kept on worlds away from those of us who want nothing to do with them, I really don't care what they can get up to. It's their life; but knowing Jagex, it's either all in or nothing at all - much like the way in which PKing and Free Trade was removed in the first place. Main issue is: I can't vote for Free Trade unless I also vote for PKing. Why can't I just vote for Free Trade?

just stay out of the wilderness and you'll never have to deal with em.

The perfect solution to this to keep the potential for abuse at a minimum is to only allow free trade/wildy on certain worlds, which are only available to people whose accounts are at least six months old and who are currently in the "Green Zone" for black marks and have no past history of Item/Password Scamming or Macroing.

td2sig.jpg

Yeah, I've really stopped caring about this any more.

Because knowing Jagex, they'll find some way to implement it in a way that sucks horribly for the people who were really excited for it pretty much everyone. :thumbup:

If they considered the idea of keeping PvP worlds and letting the Wildy loose on those worlds, and just kept it simple for once, they'd satisfy everyone.

In a way, the nature of poll sums up the typically nonchalant, blasé attitude Jagex takes to the execution of their updates. Being part of the 8% that opposes this currently, the dilemma I find myself in is that, actually, I agree Free Trade should be brought back in so long as botting can be controlled, and if Jagex say this can be done, and I have no evidence to the contrary, then I've got no good reason to keep Free Trade out. Why restrict people when there's no rational basis for doing so? The problem I have though, is that I'm vehemently opposed to bringing back PKing. Contrary to what some people on this thread may want to imply about anyone who opposes how the Wilderness once was, I played the game for two years before PKing was abolished, I actually did see what the Wilderness was like, and I cannot allow myself to stand by and allow immature, trollish e-gangsters to soil the general community and ruin the gaming experience yet again, no matter how promising Free Trade would be.

You can't vote just for free trade because the only reason for the wilderness being removed is the removal of free trade.

It wouldn't satisfy anyone to keep PvP worlds. One of the biggest issues with PKing is the overcrowded wilderness and lag, you can't do anything. If you don't want to have to risk anything to be able to complete clues/skill in the wilderness, perhaps you should find an easier game.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

In fact, revs are even more annoying, since they poison, tb and freeze you. Pkers in empty worlds hunting for clue scrollers usually didn't even have 3 items, lol.

No way. Even a one-item PKer is more dangerous and irritating than a rev. You can EASILY escape ANY rev if you wear black d hides, protect from range and have a forinthery bracelet on with a few sharks in your inv--- revs don't follow very far and PKers do. The only place where revs are any kind of a threat is the Rogue's Castle, and that's only because the Chaos Elemental is nearby and can teleport you backwards.

td2sig.jpg

No way. Even a one-item PKer is more dangerous and irritating than a rev. You can EASILY escape ANY rev if you wear black d hides, protect from range and have a forinthery bracelet on with a few sharks in your inv--- revs don't follow very far and PKers do. The only place where revs are any kind of a threat is the Rogue's Castle, and that's only because the Chaos Elemental is nearby and can teleport you backwards.

If you know what you are doing and are prepared than neither pkers nor revs should be a problem to escape from(only exception is pk teams in multy, which are rare). Most of the complainers just suck at pvp, which is a fault of their own for not pking...

Also, i don't see why we'd need to restrict servers of wilderness- the overwhelming majority of the community is for this update, so the few that aren't shouldn't be a problem with wild on all servers, or atleast their voice isn't loud enough.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You guys realize there were like 10 or less pkers on a lot of worlds, right?

They tend to hang around popular areas though. Anyway, if you learn to panic-log like a [kitty], it wasn't a problem.

... You can easily escape any pker with protect from magic on and black hides. They will only follow as long as they can attack you; Odds are, not very far.

crossed_body.png

... You can easily escape any pker with protect from magic on and black hides. They will only follow as long as they can attack you; Odds are, not very far.

Magic is fairly accurate these days, even through armadyl I've noticed.

Revs were never even a remote-threat for an experienced high level player. Someone with high level armor, a hard-hitting weapon (either a godsword or chaotic), and came prepared (anti, super set, etc.) could easily outmatch the strongest reverents. Pretty much the only danger was if you hit multiple reverants in multicombat or (as stated) had Chaos Elemental assistance.

Revs would never freeze you, d-claw you, and mage you for whatever lifepoints you had left.

Pkers: Slightly easier to get away from, much much harder to kill

Reverents: Harder to get away from, A lot easier to kill.

Guess which option I always chose. :S

Sold half my rares, and invested in fury amulets to get rid of the junk (Bought furys at 13mil). I do think they will bring back free trade, and i think when they do so furys will be better a better short term investment as i do see lower rares taking longer to pick up.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

*prays for one world where its rev style wildy to do clues on*

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Just wondering if anyone had thought if this, couldn't it be possible to raise the price which the ge recommends with just two people. They would have to trust each other a lot, and with a party hat could continuously trade it back and forth for 0 gp, lowering the price. It could go the other way if they traded back and forth for a high amount of gp.

This. Everything else I don't care about, but there better damn well be this.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

This. Everything else I don't care about, but there better damn well be this.

If a rev comes across you, it will definitely attack you and have the ability to freeze and tb you. the VAST majority of pkers will just leave you alone.

In the original wild, completing clue scrolls was not hard. I never took more than three good items (four if I used protect item). I would maybe risk 50k if I died trying to do a clue. Pkers generally left you alone because you were not really worth the effort. They might get a set of black dhide and a strength amulet. Don't go out in all your best gear and you'll be fine. Drop your clue before you die and you can go back and pick it up. Things weren't difficult. Clue scrolls should be a null point for this argument.

You guys realize there were like 10 or less pkers on a lot of worlds, right?

They tend to hang around popular areas though. Anyway, if you learn to panic-log like a [kitty], it wasn't a problem.

That used to be half the fun. If you played back then you must know what I am talking about when I say that half of the excitement of killing green drags, going to mage bank, the wildy agility course, clueing, was that you were scared half to death every time you saw a white dot. Personally I hope that they put some more high level material in the wildy like even take corp, or preferably a new boss, and put them out in the middle of high level wildy so teams can kill it while risking quite a bit. The only other optional we have for this is Chaos Elemental which is a lot of fun to kill in pk teams. I used to do it all the time in my clan, we could go on a pk trip and kill the chaos element a few dozen times. The problem with the chaos elemental is that now and even back then the drop suck and he is pretty easy our clan with like 10 people could wreck him in nothing more than dhide and cross bows. I am sure that a new higher level boss with some decent drops if put in a new corner of the wildy teams risking quite a bit more would try and take on this monster while already geared up for pking.

I can understand the argument that people would not want to risk that much to kill a boss, but I do know of some clans that do gwd on pvp worlds because of the less people and if they are together they know they can take on most attackers. I am fairly confident that the players of this game would be willing to risk quite a bit for the chance at some good rewards. Just look at staking back in the day, people would risk full rare sets.

I do agree that when they bring it back they should not put quests in the wildy, that could get annoying because quest material are usually a pain in the ass to get back.

I can't believe so many people are complaining about clues (tbh it's not even efficient to do them)lol I guess some people are so used to Jagex babying them. I remember when you couldn't leave your computer for a couple mins w/o fearing that a random would come and kill you.

372nd to max total level

I can't believe so many people are complaining about clues (tbh it's not even efficient to do them)lol I guess some people are so used to Jagex babying them. I remember when you couldn't leave your computer for a couple mins w/o fearing that a random would come and kill you

:thumbup: +1 Runescape Points for you sire :D

6660_6.jpg