Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 6th February 2011

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

Read these rules before posting in this thread

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE
Trade Off
Hit the nail right on the head for me! People thought I was insane to have voted no, but now look how dirty things are being played now. Indeed, are you happy now, yes voters? Are you happy to have your bank cleaned out? :blink:

RussetAlpha
[ Display Name History ]

RussetAlpha

X-TET

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • RSN:Russet Alpha
  • Clan:Tip.it Events Team
Trade Off really hit me. I was one of those people who voted "yes" just for the lulz. But some days after, I got thinking. "Did I really just say yes?" I wished that I didn't vote yes because of "Do we really need free trade?" I wished that I could take it back, but it wouldn't have mattered. This article pretty much took my thoughts and put it on paper.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai
Sugu ni dekinai
Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Are you happy now?

Yes. I am glad I voted yes. I don't have my bank cleaned, and that's because I follow the rules and would never bot :-) I have never been hacked either, and plan on keeping it that way :shades: I too, laughed at those who got cleaned for cheating, good riddance.

The article seems pretty one sided, ending it with 'Are you happy now?' just makes us feel bad for voting 'yes' when in fact we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
It's obvious that the author of the first article doesn't know how rwt really works. Most of the time it was taking advantage of the ge system by buying phats and other rising items for straight up cash while giving the seller real life money. This is much easier than this stupid notion that people went on their accounts and actually farmed the money.

Jordan Armstrong
[ Display Name History ]

Jordan Armstrong

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:LHL_Jordan
  • Clan:sparta_lhl
Trade Off

Finally, someone with the courage to stand against the crowd and point out what should be obvious. We were doing quite well without free trade and the wilderness. We were all used to it and you didn't have to worry about scams and it was all just better overall IMO. I voted yes for the wilderness, because the new one sucked. I just spent half an hour in the deep wildy and saw next to nobody. With rev's, I would have died in that amount of time three times over.

Anyway, great article, NS :) (TS_StormRage)

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
Like I said; I havent even begun to completely cover all the bad stuff...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
Trade off seems like an angry rant more than anything.
Posted Image

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u
Who cares about staking bugs and merchants abusing free trade? It was worth saying yes just to have wild back.

I'm happyz nao kthxbye.

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

This.

Usually each article I read I always end up viewing both sides of the story and being comfortable with my decision or perspective for that particular topic. With this article I somehow feel attacked just for voting 'yes', which makes me not want to read any articles anymore :-(

Just my 2 cents for feedback :thumbup:
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts
Trade Off

Yes I am happy now. Let the fools get scammed/hacked/lured, take off the safety nets. Bots and RWTers dont matter to me either, they can do what they want, it doesnt directly impact my gameplay. I voted yes and after this first week I would have votes yes again

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

This.

Usually each article I read I always end up viewing both sides of the story and being comfortable with my decision or perspective for that particular topic. With this article I somehow feel attacked just for voting 'yes', which makes me not want to read any articles anymore :-(

I don't think he's attacking anyone, just trying to stir the pot and get people discussing :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
The wild west atmosphere free trade brings back along with the wilderness makes me glad I voted yes. Not to mention so many of my dear old friends returned and are up to no good. It's a lonesome feeling to have 90% of your friends list offline in a mmorpg.

I am happy now. In fact I'm quite content.
Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

Posted Image

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

This.

I don't think he's attacking anyone, just trying to stir the pot and get people discussing :thumbup:

i thought it the tone was more whiny/complain-y and resentful than stirring the pot or inciting discussion.

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Staking returned. Yes, gamble your entire bank, why don't you. You're maxed in melee, you can beat that level 110 nub in a fist fight even when AFK-ing. But oops! A bug happened, and suddenly that nub has a unicorn healing him throughout the match until you are dead. How many people do you think have come back to RuneScape, possibly to some fond memories, and have subsequently rage quit over this?

Why would you stake your whole bank? Yes it's a glitch that Jagex shouldn't have let into the game, but at the same time people should have common sense not to risk so much anyway.

It gets worse, much worse. Only hours after Free Trade was reinstated, many people saw their bank emptied. They had been using one of the popular botting programs in the past, which then recorded their login details. All of the items ended up in the hands of a popular gold-selling company. Now, I didn't shed a single tear (I actually laughed my ass off), but when RWT-ers can manage to deter people from botting where Jagex can't, you have to admit that there is a problem.

How is this a bad thing? People that botted got punished, albeit not by Jagex. Serves them right.

But 91% of you didn't care about that. You saw what you wanted and ignored the consequences, even though the warnings were pretty clear. I can only guess how bad things might get, so I'll leave this one up to you to answer:

I voted yes because, funnily enough, I knew these things wouldn't affect me and I wanted free trade back. The market will stabilise soon enough, are you telling me this is worse than not being able to buy something from the GE pre-update because some manipulation clan had bought it out? That won't happen anymore.

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Trade off:

The first day of me returning to RS (February 5th), 3 people tried to scam me. :thumbup:
I voted no, but alas.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RSN:Jettrider
  • Clan:DGS
Bugtesting was horrible but expected.
People getting hacked, crying about it, then realizing that their crying proved they botted = priceless

I'm not angry I voted yes because I have enough common sense not to log onto RuneScape and do anything important for at least 6 hours after every update, and then to stay away from any new content for a day.

2496 Completionist

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
I kinda wish i voted no. It seems alot more kids have come back to Runescape.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
While I don't mind the usual mindless chicanery that has always been present, the increased activity involving stolen accounts through means unrelated to scamming kind of annoys me.

Fact is now that there is more incentive to steal, the overall security risk has been increased, and no doubt you will not be recompensed for any losses for stolen accounts even if you haven't cheated.

8f14270694.jpg

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
The most annoying part of Free Trade returning is that the amount of scammers trying to post scam links on our forums have increased tenfold. <_< I can't say I was excited about them coming back but so far it's not proven a problem to me personally. The GE was screwy at first but it seems to be slowly stabilising.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users