7-Feb-2012 - Potion Flasks

Saradomin_Mage

What I don't understand about the FPS performances in the game, is that for example in the Wilderness, I can get around 25 FPS on resizable mode. The area has been updated a couple of weeks ago with newer graphics, but I get 7 FPS in places like the Slayer tower, which have some of the oldest graphics in the game. Why am I getting better FPS in a new area and not in an old area?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah woah woah!

Eluned (tele crystal chargin elf) has been added to npc contact.

Recharges elf crystals from a distance

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You have to wonder how they tweaked Baba Yaga to accommodate for that in the Blood Runs Deep quest.

I wish they had made it suqah hides instead, the teeth can be sold for a decent pile o cash at the tooth fairy.

It does say suqah teeth OR hides can be used.

Flyingjj.png

You have to wonder how they tweaked Baba Yaga to accommodate for that in the Blood Runs Deep quest.

I wish they had made it suqah hides instead, the teeth can be sold for a decent pile o cash at the tooth fairy.

It does say suqah teeth OR hides can be used.

And teeth already useful to farming.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

- It is now possible to decant potions into any dose variant, and also possible to split potions into smaller doses by using a 2-dose potion on an empty vial.

- Slayer-specific drops in Dungeoneering can now only be picked up by the player who dealt the most damage to the creature for the first 30 seconds.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

GREATEST.

UPDATE.

EVER.

FULL STOP.

END OF STORY.

260qqly.jpg

Plus I squeeled in delight reading the very last thing in the patch notes. Screw the flasks, I am drowning in endorphins as it is now that I can put all the extremes I want in my Yak.

"World 42 now has a disclaimer on login explaining that the world is a Roleplay world."

Warning: You are now entering the weird side of Runescape.

I didn't even know RuneScape had a roleplay world. Is it a 'I vivaciously rub oil on my body as I tie you up with my abyssal whip' type of roleplay or 'As a thousand virgins cry, I take my valiant abyssal whip and tear through the crowd of hobgoblins lusting for my blood'?

It's more a 'I'm a 40 yr old virgin pretending to be a damsel in distress by standing inside Varrock Castle and these young strapping teen boy knights must defeat many obstacles (kill 5 guards & pretend to sneak thru the castle picklocking doors) to rescue me so they can have my email address and cheeky pictures'

Or thats what I saw last time I ventured there by mistake.

Also full of a lot of angry people who scream bloody murder and report you if you do not roleplay.

do u really need to go around trolling like that? I for one go to this server every now and then, sadly there has been plenty of players there not knowing its a role-playing server, ruining the experience for some, so i think this is great.

as for what its all about, you can simply join in creating your character according to whats your skilling. Or you can join the "clans"/worlds/stories that have been created, mostly on rsof, and act on those role. Rather fun going out killing monsters in full black, often ending up in thankfully being blessed by the gods or telleported out by the teams mage, ending up in Lumby. There is plenty of stuff going around there if you know where to search.

No damn reason to call those wanting to play the game this way 40 year old virgins. Full of angry ppl, not so much, unless your the one going around trolling, calling them noobs and all for doing something you might see as stupid..

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

So is it confirmed that you can decant 1-5 dose flasks out into fresh flasks/visls

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

So is it confirmed that you can decant 1-5 dose flasks out into fresh flasks/visls

Pretty much, as long as it adds up to 6 (1 dose flask with 5 dose flask, or 4 dose flask with 2 flask, etc...) you can put 1-5 dose flasks into a new one. What you can't do is add up doses on top of a flask that already has a potion, no matter what dose.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I met two people that are really into the roleplay, I never knew about it until they told me, both where young about 18, 19. One was a guy the other a girl.

The girl was skinny, dark haired & very attractive. So not quite the picture created above, anyway don't be so offended by Sy. Whysoserious?

-Eluned has been added to the NPC contact spell.

-Wizard Cromperty now has a right-click "Collect" option for claiming daily runes and pure essence.

-The Gorilla mask can now be stored in players' Fancy Dress boxes.

-The XP reward for performing in The Pit has been increased.

-There is now a make-x interface for splitting granite and sandstone.

-There is now a warning about when anti-poison is about to wear off.

-It is now possible to enter the Crafting guild without an apron with the Hard Falador task set complete.

-The Vecna skull now announces when it is recharged.

-Beast of burden familiars can now hold untradeable potions/flasks.

GOD THERE IS SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS UPDATE.

This update deserves a 10/10. There's so many great little things that appeal to everyone even if you can't use the red sandstone thing. There's no reason to hate on this update.

hzvjpwS.gif

This update deserves a 10/10. There's so many great little things that appeal to everyone even if you can't use the red sandstone thing. There's no reason to hate on this update.

My only complaint is that there still aren't any boots that match the new barrows look. :twss:

Which is more or less negated by the fact that it isn't radioactive green anymore.

Loads of great tweaks here, very happy :). Flasks are almost an afterthought and I don't mind this time. New barrows is great too :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

-Eluned has been added to the NPC contact spell.

-Wizard Cromperty now has a right-click "Collect" option for claiming daily runes and pure essence.

-The Gorilla mask can now be stored in players' Fancy Dress boxes.

-The XP reward for performing in The Pit has been increased.

-There is now a make-x interface for splitting granite and sandstone.

-There is now a warning about when anti-poison is about to wear off.

-It is now possible to enter the Crafting guild without an apron with the Hard Falador task set complete.

-The Vecna skull now announces when it is recharged.

-Beast of burden familiars can now hold untradeable potions/flasks.

GOD THERE IS SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS UPDATE.

Honestly I wasn't even too excited about the flasks update, but i am now that all these little amazing updates were added as well. Not to mention my game is now running at a solid 5-7 fps more than it was pre-update so yes 10/10 definitely

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Woah woah woah!

Eluned (tele crystal chargin elf) has been added to npc contact.

Recharges elf crystals from a distance

Woah, seriously?

Is that just for the Elite Fremmy tasks or everyone?

Deffo not fremmy elite, I haven't done them!

Seems to jsut be standard for anyone with npc contact + mep1 (is tht the one for tele crystals? I forget)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I like all of the little tweaks of this update. For now flasks seem like overkill so I'll still use vials, though. Flasks (1) breaking automatically could be neat for dungeoneering. Although that wasn't a problem before.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Should have mentioned earlier that I hate that you don't need the Seal of Diplomacy after Dream Mentor.

This takes away my easy Rellekka traveling!

Same, that part of the update bothered me.

Ditto...

Was the easiest way to be booted off of the island back to Rellekka, and the only "free" Rellekka tele out there...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Should have mentioned earlier that I hate that you don't need the Seal of Diplomacy after Dream Mentor.

This takes away my easy Rellekka traveling!

Same, that part of the update bothered me.

Ditto...

Was the easiest way to be booted off of the island back to Rellekka, and the only "free" Rellekka tele out there...

Lyre+boots is free as well, once per day ;)

Not my point...

Anywho;

Very awesome update otherwise, ofc...

I wonder if the new flasks and storage of those flasks in BoBs will have an impact on rare-drop prices...

Since trips will be longer (at least 50%) and the flask price rapidly dropping, I don't doubt that there's oing to be at least SOME adjustment in the price...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Not my point...

Anywho;

Very awesome update otherwise, ofc...

I wonder if the new flasks and storage of those flasks in BoBs will have an impact on rare-drop prices...

Since trips will be longer (at least 50%) and the flask price rapidly dropping, I don't doubt that there's oing to be at least SOME adjustment in the price...

Trips won't be 50% longer because of the flasks, you still need to carry familiar pouches and that takes the same space. Overloads in BOB won't matter very much unless you did 12+ overload trips which only applies at DKS. Super prayers/special recovers don't matter much either, super prayers generally being not worth it and recovers only used at Nex.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Best update in a long time. :thumbup:

The "in other news" and the patch notes are tiny fixes, but really awesome.

I'm sorely tempted to get that greenfinger's aura now that it tells you when you get extra herbs; was one of the big reasons why I've been holding off.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

"World 42 now has a disclaimer on login explaining that the world is a Roleplay world."

Warning: You are now entering the weird side of Runescape.

I didn't even know RuneScape had a roleplay world. Is it a 'I vivaciously rub oil on my body as I tie you up with my abyssal whip' type of roleplay or 'As a thousand virgins cry, I take my valiant abyssal whip and tear through the crowd of hobgoblins lusting for my blood'?

It's more a 'I'm a 40 yr old virgin pretending to be a damsel in distress by standing inside Varrock Castle and these young strapping teen boy knights must defeat many obstacles (kill 5 guards & pretend to sneak thru the castle picklocking doors) to rescue me so they can have my email address and cheeky pictures'

Or thats what I saw last time I ventured there by mistake.

Also full of a lot of angry people who scream bloody murder and report you if you do not roleplay.

do u really need to go around trolling like that? I for one go to this server every now and then, sadly there has been plenty of players there not knowing its a role-playing server, ruining the experience for some, so i think this is great.

as for what its all about, you can simply join in creating your character according to whats your skilling. Or you can join the "clans"/worlds/stories that have been created, mostly on rsof, and act on those role. Rather fun going out killing monsters in full black, often ending up in thankfully being blessed by the gods or telleported out by the teams mage, ending up in Lumby. There is plenty of stuff going around there if you know where to search.

No damn reason to call those wanting to play the game this way 40 year old virgins. Full of angry ppl, not so much, unless your the one going around trolling, calling them noobs and all for doing something you might see as stupid..

It is not trolling, if you read to the fullest extent you would see I said "Or thats what I saw last time I ventured there by mistake" ergo it is an expression of events that transpired before my eyes the last time I happened into a role playing world. The same applies to my later statement, on occasions when I have been spot hopping and ended up in a roleplaying world I have been actively abused and threatened with being reported as I did not have a role I was playing and just quietly got on with my training.

Plv6Dz6.jpg